Post a reply

Re: Tony Drago

Postby randam05

I feel like I have to read it quick..

Postby randam05

Fantastic interview. Thanks Sonny. I read it all unconciously in his accent haha.

Hes totally right about what he says about the German Masters last season.

Postby Wildey

TD: Yes but it’s hard. I always said though, that when it came to the miss the best referee was always Alan Chamberlain. Instead of he looked at the rules more, he looked at the knowledge. There’s a lot of great referees now but when it came to him and the miss rule, I always felt comfortable with him. He always used his knowledge, instead of the rule.

ive always said that Alan Chaimberlains interpratation of how the miss rule should be aplied was the best by some distence.

TD: Well I love the UK but unfortunately it’s gone down to 11 frames but I still look forward to it. But from what I see on tv last year I would love to qualify to Berlin. That was the best event by a million miles last year. And obviously being Maltese I would like to see an event in Malta again, but that’s not in my hands.

and yes berlin was the no 1 revelation of last season the atmosphere was electrick.

Postby GJ

I missed it due to the strange start day and conjested schedule

Postby Bourne

Yeh Germany completely passed me by this year too, but heard good things about it so will try to catch it properly next year.

Postby Witz78

they shoulda made Germany a week long ranker instead of a stupid 4 day event with 5 tables on the go at once

imagine the atmosphere in that arena if all 2,000 were there just watching 1 game

Postby Witz78

biggest joke was the main match the tv table being almost out of sight for the crowd cos there was 4 tables all around it to hide it. meant the game the viewers watched had no atmosphere at all cos crowd were miles away and not really watching it

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:they shoulda made Germany a week long ranker instead of a stupid 4 day event with 5 tables on the go at once

imagine the atmosphere in that arena if all 2,000 were there just watching 1 game

<ok>

Postby Roland

If you look back to the Michaela interview I did she mentioned the Tempodrom before it was even announced and said it was like a giant version of the Crucible and the excitement was that it was going to be open plan. She was spot on. Open plan is the way forward. Don't like hearing rumours of the UK qualifiers being sectioned off, the reason players love SWSA is because it's open plan.

German Masters could potentially be longer format if they extend it to more than 4 days.

Postby Tubberlad

Very interesting little interview, nice job. I too enjoyed the German Masters this year, and would like to see it extended from it's current format.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:If you look back to the Michaela interview I did she mentioned the Tempodrom before it was even announced and said it was like a giant version of the Crucible and the excitement was that it was going to be open plan. She was spot on. Open plan is the way forward. Don't like hearing rumours of the UK qualifiers being sectioned off, the reason players love SWSA is because it's open plan.

German Masters could potentially be longer format if they extend it to more than 4 days.

but on the other hand the Welsh Open and UK formats have been reduced so theres no more than 2 tables on the go at once :chin:

Postby weewelshwitch

Sonny wrote:If you look back to the Michaela interview I did she mentioned the Tempodrom before it was even announced and said it was like a giant version of the Crucible and the excitement was that it was going to be open plan. She was spot on. Open plan is the way forward. Don't like hearing rumours of the UK qualifiers being sectioned off, the reason players love SWSA is because it's open plan.

where are you hearing rumours about UK quals being partitioned off? We're running it in a couple of weeks and have no plans for partitioning.

Postby Wildey

weewelshwitch wrote:

where are you hearing rumours about UK quals being partitioned off? We're running it in a couple of weeks and have no plans for partitioning.

must have had a deam about it and in that it was mentioned <laugh>

Postby Steve K

Great interview, well done Roland. Agree with the German Masters, looks a thrilling event to spectate and hopefully will get to go to Berlin next year (funds permitting).

Postby Roland

I heard partitions. God knows why anyone thinks it's needed though.

Postby Monique

Interesting as always Roland, thanks. :-)

Postby Roland

Steve K wrote:Great interview, well done Roland. Agree with the German Masters, looks a thrilling event to spectate and hopefully will get to go to Berlin next year (funds permitting).

Cheers Steve and yes, Berlin is one I wouldn't mind going and sampling either.

Postby kostasmad

Very nice read Roland.

Thank you.

So another one that considers Higgins best of all time....

Postby N_Castle07

kostasmad wrote:Very nice read Roland.

Thank you.

So another one that considers Higgins best of all time....

Interesting .... I'm glad Higgins is getting the respect from fello pro's :-) Sief will be raging :-D :-D :-D