Topic locked

Re: Draws For The UK Championship

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:its ther truth tho, i defy anyone to try and claim the bottom half is as strong as the top half

why is hendry in the top half :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Postby Alex0paul

Not a bad draw for Hendry. Potential Dott v Robertson in the last 16 for the fourth tournament this calendar year ffs.

Postby Wildey

i think you going to get these draws while players like maguire and Ronnie not in the top 8..

its just how it goes and you got to get on with it ...if players are draw checking they havent really got the ultimate ambition to actually win the event.

Postby Witz78

Greene could be a banana skin for Hendry, a younger more attacking player with less match battling skills would have been an easier opponent than a "joureyman" whos been used to playing qualifiers all his days

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Greene could be a banana skin for Hendry, a younger more attacking player with less match battling skills would have been an easier opponent than a "joureyman" whos been used to playing qualifiers all his days

i dont care who he gets its up to him to perform if he dont he will lose.

Postby Casey

Ronnie should count himself lucky he isn't paired to meet Higgins, Selby or Williams in the 2nd round.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Ronnie should count himself lucky he isn't paired to meet Higgins, Selby or Williams in the 2nd round.

A potential Ronnie vs Judd match there. Definitely a bad monkey match, no matter what you think of either player.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Casey wrote:Ronnie should count himself lucky he isn't paired to meet Higgins, Selby or Williams in the 2nd round.

A potential Ronnie vs Judd match there. Definitely a bad monkey match, no matter what you think of either player.

if last seasons masters formula is repeated Judd will get Ronnie there also

Postby Monique

I think Williams will be equally relieved, if not more, not to get Ronnie. He hasn't a great record against him.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:

I think Williams will be equally relieved, if not more, not to get Ronnie. He hasn't a great record against him.

Yep, that's very true.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:

Yep, that's very true.

no not true at all...

you do not become champion by fannying about worrieng about others concentrate on your own game and stuff the lot

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:

Yep, that's very true.

no not true at all...

you do not become champion by fannying about worrieng about others concentrate on your own game and stuff the lot

:fart: <doh>

Postby Wildey

there speaks a loser watching draws hoping he gets it easy <doh>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:

Yep, that's very true.

no not true at all...

Give your head a shake wild :chuckle: What you're basically saying is that the draws don't matter at all, every player should expect to beat everyone else ...

Postby Witz78

this Wild attitude that draws and opponents dont matter is obviously related back to his denial that Hendry used to get easy draws and routes to WC glory. The great man himself even admitted so !!

Postby Wildey

how the hell are you going to win a tournament be a success might aswell play someone in the last 32 rather than final simple really.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:how the hell are you going to win a tournament be a success might aswell play someone in the last 32 rather than final simple really.

so for example youd sooner face Higgins in round 1 than the final <doh>

law of averages youd lose that game, law of averages youd beat a lesser opponent

or is this maybe some mad Wild logic your trying to come up with that Hendry is now suddenly going to improve cos hes playing (assuming he qualifies) seeds / tougher players instead of qualifiers in the last 32

Postby Wildey

yes id sooner play anyone first up not after a week and a lot of frames on a tabler later.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:yes id sooner play anyone first up not after a week and a lot of frames on a tabler later.

so youd rather Hendry got Selby or Trump in round 1 of the Crucible than Stevens or Gould i take it :chuckle:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:yes id sooner play anyone first up not after a week and a lot of frames on a tabler later.

so youd rather Hendry got Selby or Trump in round 1 of the Crucible than Stevens or Gould i take it :chuckle:

Now Hendo's dropping down the rankings like a stone he ain't gona have any choice :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

thats the point if you want to compare players to the plight of hendry go on but hendry is desperate suerly to hell Mark Williams could not give a flying buck who he plays.

Postby randam05

Wild, could you do a side by side thing please where we can see which qualifiers will face who in the main draw? Or send a link if there is one. Worldsnooker are very bad at doing draws. Its like such an effort to see which qualifier will play which qualifier in the next round, and even harder to find out which qualifiers will play which seeds!

Much appreciated.

Postby John From London Town

Without having looked at the draw yet, from what I can make out so far in this thread about it, is that the top half of the draw is loaded, enter the great one, who some (God Bless You Wild) would rather see draw Mark Selby or Judd Trump or the likes, a mention of a forum forefather on a comment, relating to the first point, & some looking for a PA?
I must go look.....

Postby John From London Town

Top half of the draw loaded, well I suppose that rules out these boys winning it...
Mark Williams, = What needs to be said?
Stephen Lee = He's hitting the ball well, ask the fella above him as the last time they played each other he knocked in 4 tons in a BO5 & still got beat!
Martin Gould = Qualified for the Masters.
Shaun Murphy = Won this B4
Ali Carter = Knock him at your peril
Mark Allen = You know you're going to get a game
Stuart Bingham = As above + recently introduced to the winner's circle again
Mark Selby = World #1

Does that balance things up?

Postby Witz78

John From London Town wrote:Top half of the draw loaded, well I suppose that rules out these boys winning it...
Mark Williams, = What needs to be said? - PROVEN TO BE A BOTTLER THE LAST YEAR, MISSED HIS CHANCE FOR AN INDIAN SUMMER, CAREER SLIDE WILL START AGAIN NOW
Stephen Lee = He's hitting the ball well, ask the fella above him as the last time they played each other he knocked in 4 tons in a BO5 & still got beat! LEES WINNINGS DAYS ARE LONG GONE, NO CONSISTENCY
Martin Gould = Qualified for the Masters. GOULD LACKS BOTTLE AND QUALITY WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH
Shaun Murphy = Won this B4 DECENT PLAYER BUT HAS 2 MANY NEMISISIS AT THE TOP LEVEL OF THE GAME
Ali Carter = Knock him at your peril HIS FORMS DIPPING BADLY, COULD FADE AWAY LIKE PERRY, FU, DAY ETC
Mark Allen = You know you're going to get a game AND YOU KNOW YOULL PROB WIN IT IF U WANT TOO
Stuart Bingham = As above + recently introduced to the winner's circle again AGAIN?? I THINK NOT, AUSSIE WAS A ONE-OFF AND LETS SEE WHAT HE DOES NOW HES IN WITH THE BIG BOYS :limp:
Mark Selby = World #1 THE REAL DEAL, DEF A CONTENDER

Does that balance things up? ER, NO :D