Topic locked

POWER SNOOKER RETURNS

Postby Witz78

:bowdown: :happy: :win:

Bingham has just confirmed on Twitter that this will be back

the fact Bingham is involved and is playing Murphy in round 1 (5th v 12th) makes me think the top 16 must all be playing and its in an expanded version to last seasons.

No offence but id sooner see this event remain as a novelty event with players like Jimmy, Brecel etc involved instead but if this is another step towards the future growth of POWER SNOOKER then Hallelujah

Re: POWER SNOOKER RETURNS

Postby Wildey

just tweeted him what a load of bullocks

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:just tweeted him what a load of fluffy bunnies

Well it isn't. It's not snooker, it's a different game, based on snooker with different tactics and strategy. It's good exposure and the only thing that's wrong with it is that YOU never got your head around its rules. It's not a threat to snooker neither. It's complementary as it appeals to the video game generation, and why not?
Well, correction, the other thing that was wrong was to allow the crowd to go too far in what was initially supposed to be good banter. Hope they are just a tad stricter this time.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Ha Ha Ha I'll be amazed if it happens. It has some potential if they simplified the rules a little bit and got rid of the stupider people in the crowd then it might be alright. A two-day event with 16 players would be good.

Postby Witz78

the crowd interaction and shout outs are part of the events appeal and identity

whats the point of having it played in front of a morgue like atmosphere like most snooker events are?

this is a blueprint of the future of snooker, be it in 2020 or 203o or whenever

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:the crowd interaction and shout outs are part of the events appeal and identity

whats the point of having it played in front of a morgue like atmosphere like most snooker events are?

Crowd interaction is great and I'm all for it. Being rude to the refs and players is not on though. The shoot-out had it right. Power snooker got off the rails at times.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:the crowd interaction and shout outs are part of the events appeal and identity

Crowd interaction is great and I'm all for it. Being rude to the refs and players is not on though. The shoot-out had it right. Power snooker got off the rails at times.

the shoot out might not have it right this season going by the mottly bunch of associates ive rounded up to hit it :john:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:

the shoot out might not have it right this season going by the mottly bunch of associates ive rounded up to hit it :john:

you might just kill them off <ok>

Postby Casey

I think the event is grand, its not snooker as Monique said. What is the harm, as long as its not costing WS any money who cares?

Also if it does come back it give give Ronnie a chance to win a televised event this season :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

case it was just one big shambles it did nothing at all for snooker the rules was messy made no sense the refs made mistakes aparantly many times the corrected themselves while a player was playing.

however if theres a modification to rules and simplified a great deal i might be convinced but trully never with last years showing.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The Shoot Out worked so well because there were so many players involved. The two most memorable matches were Robertson-McManus & McLeod-Drago. Only one of those four would have been invited to an 8-man event.

Postby Witz78

what the hell was complicated about the rules

from memory it was normal shotclock snooker except

when you played from the power zone (from behind baulk line) points were worth twice as much

and

when you potted the powerball there was 2 minute period where points were worth twice as much

that was pretty much it really, hardly complicated to follow

Postby Witz78

personally if theres 16 players involved then having the top 16 there doesnt work in this event, no offence to some but heres the 16 i would pick for this event. Carter and Snookerbacker didnt like it last year so on principal i wouldnt invite them.

Selby - embraced it well and had good banter with crowd last year
Murphy - pantomime villian
Trump
Higgins - only for the boo factor
Williams
Ronnie
Ding - Ding jun wee my lord, ding jun wee. One of the crowd chants of the season
Maguire - his kamikaze style would suit it
Robbo -
Allen -
Lee -
Lisowski-
Drago -
Jimmy -
Brecel -
Figeuerido - a reward for his efforts to promote the game plus his style of play would suit this

Postby mishcka

Witz78 wrote:what the hell was complicated about the rules

when you played from the power zone (from behind baulk line) points were worth twice as much

and

when you potted the powerball there was 2 minute period where points were worth twice as much

I still dont get it... too complicated for my simple brain! I can hardly keep up with the snooker rules!

Postby Wildey

and

buck me mate there was rules on rules on rules timezone double points holy rubbish lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

and

buck me mate there was rules on rules on rules timezone double points holy rubbish lol

yeh if it was the 2 minute power play and you potted a long black with the white having been in the power zone you got 28 points

its hardly rocket science

anyone who can multiply by 2 or 4 can soon work it out

Postby Wildey

tell that to the refs lol

Postby randam05

Eh Im also a traditionalist when it comes to snooker. But like Monique said, its not snooker, its a different form of snooker and it hasnt affected normal snooker tournaments, so for a two day fun event once a year, I like it! Or was it one day? Anyhow, I quite enjoyed it.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Eh Im also a traditionalist when it comes to snooker. But like Monique said, its not snooker, its a different form of snooker and it hasnt affected normal snooker tournaments, so for a two day fun event once a year, I like it! Or was it one day? Anyhow, I quite enjoyed it.

it was one day too many :redneck:

no i do know what everyone sais is right but it just felt wrong and if they sensable they would have learned from last year

Postby Tubberlad

Fan-fuckin-tastic news :rolleyes: won't be staying in that night

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Tubberlad wrote:Fan-fuckin-tastic news :rolleyes: won't be staying in that night

Don't worry. There might be two nights this time.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't see the problem with this returning. (And I was somebody who thought it sounded rubbish when the rules were first announced.)

I hardly see it as the future of snooker, or as something that's going to replace it. It's on once a year, if you don't like it don't watch it. :hatoff: You can't dislike everything that isn't snooker.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I don't see the problem with this returning. (And I was somebody who thought it sounded rubbish when the rules were first announced.)

I hardly see it as the future of snooker, or as something that's going to replace it. It's on once a year, if you don't like it don't watch it. :hatoff: You can't dislike everything that isn't snooker.

dont put snooker in the title then fine...

call it power bullocks or power marmite and they can get on with it <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I don't see the problem with this returning. (And I was somebody who thought it sounded rubbish when the rules were first announced.)

It should be called Power Ball to be fair. But even you must admit, it's a relatively minor complaint. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

they can get on with it

Good, so that means your gonna say no more on it then <ok>

talk about a stuck record, we know u hate it so just dont watch it, end of

of course u were one of the many who pe-judged it before you even saw it

just the same as a lot of u did with the Shootout too then had to eat humble pie :dinner:

Postby gallantrabbit

Shootout is great but this is marmite. Still getting snooker player's faces on TV is a plus so if it goes ahead so what.

Postby Bourne

Glad this is back, think peeps took it way too seriously last year and tried to disect it too much, where in reality is it was just a snake hiss about exho.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Glad this is back, think peeps took it way too seriously last year and tried to disect it too much, where in reality is it was just a snake hiss about exho.

last year it was a snake hiss about exho

this year with it being exclusive to the top 16 and in an expanded format it is moving towards becoming a more serious event

next season - a ranking power snooker event :emb: