Topic locked

World Championships 2010 : ROUND 1 DRAW !!!

Postby Bourne

The draw for the last 32 of the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship has been made for the 2010 tournament. It has pitted two talented Chinese qualifiers up against two legends of the game, 2008 champion Ronnie O'Sullivan up against Liang Wenbo while 7-time Crucible champion Stephen Hendry faces Anda Zhang who was a relative unknown before qualifying this week. Defending his title, John Higgins goes up against Barry Hawkins who is still searching for his maiden victory in Sheffield.
_____
John Higgins vs Barry Hawkins
Mark King vs Steve Davis
Neil Robertson vs Fergal O'Brien
Marco Fu vs Martin Gould
Ali Carter vs Jamie Cope
Joe Perry vs Michael Holt
Ding Junhui vs Stuart Pettman
Shaun Murphy vs Gerard Greene
Ryan Day vs Mark Davis
Mark Selby vs Ken Doherty
Stephen Hendry vs Anda Zhang
Mark J Williams vs Marcus Campbell
Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Liang Wenbo
Last edited by Bourne on 11 Mar 2010, edited 7 times in total.

Re: World Championships 2010 : ROUND 1 DRAW !!!

Postby GJ

i dont care who robbo gets he will beat any of them

<cool>

if i had a choice it would be cope or doherty

Postby Alex0paul

If Dott qualifies I hope he gets either Perry or Day as they are in decent sections of the draw and very winnable matches.

Postby Bourne

Don't mind who Ding gets, he got one of the hardest draws last year and won. Similarly with Williams, everyone said he was the hardest draw and he lost !

Postby Bourne

Cheesyman99 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Don't mind who Ding gets, he got one of the hardest draws last year and won. Similarly with Williams, everyone said he was the hardest draw and he lost !

WENBO

Exactly.

Postby TheCleaver

I would prefer Liang to be drawn in either of the middle two sections, but I have a feeling he'll be in quarter 4 :roll:

In terms of a favourable route for any qualifier, they will probably look at middle two sections for a chance at a sustained run however there are individuals in other quarters they would be fancied to beat for just a match win e.g Mark King

Postby Smart

Cope vs Robbo (would be tense and be big bragging rights for me or GJ, perhaps not a good idea for them to meet so early)

Dott vs Ebdon (come on Dotty)

Hendo vs Campbell (oh yes please)

ROS vs Holty (lots of table whacking action, probably both players getting warned)

Murphy vs Wenbo (delicious first rounder)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Who do you want your faves to get ?

doesn't bother me one bit but id prefer a top name rather than a journeyman

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Who do you want your faves to get ?

doesn't bother me one bit but id prefer a top name rather than a journeyman

I dont mind because the best player should win regardless. i hope there isn't any questionable draws

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Davis to lose the final to spectacle wearing Martin Gould in an 18-17 tribute to the 25th anniversary to THAT FINAL rofl

Did something special happen in the 1985 final? Nobody ever mentions it. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Did something special happen in the 1985 final? Nobody ever mentions it. <laugh>

<laugh>

lets put it like this Davis never contradicted himself with David Vine that night ;)

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Did something special happen in the 1985 final? Nobody ever mentions it. <laugh>

<laugh>

lets put it like this Davis never contradicted himself with David Vine that night ;)

sorry wild, its probably something obvious that i already know, but what are you talking about? :huh: I cant be hassled searching the net or racking my brains.....

Postby GJ

gould could do well i think nerves got the better of him against allen and if i remember rightly he was well behind and played very well in session 2

it pains me to agree with witz but he is right <laugh>