Post a reply

who has the best cue action

Postby Rocket_ron

who do you think has the best cue action and why?

personally for me its between ronnie,stephen lee and shaun murphy.
the all cue smooth pause and follow through with ease and accuratly.

also i think niel robertson and behind him mark williams have what i call "best un-orthodox cue action"

please debate

Re: who has the best cue action

Postby Witz78

Its not the best but its my favourite.

Alex Higgins <ok>

Mainly cos i play with a similar action and follow through with my whole body quite often !!

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Its not the best but its my favourite.

Alex Higgins <ok>

Mainly cos i play with a similar action and follow through with my whole body quite often !!

very interesting reply witz <ok>
in some ways alex higging cue action was great

Postby Alex0paul

I do like Ebdon's cue action but Carter is my favourite as its so compact.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:

Alex Higgins <ok>

Yeh for such an unorthodox and twitchy action, the end results were quite amazing.

Im quite an impatient person at times, and ive always played fast at snooker and pool. Maybe its just cos im a pretty natural player - quite often i am thinking that far ahead of the shot that i hit it before i even get fully down on the shot. The longer im down on a shot the more time i have to think it over, and self doubt can creep in. When playing power shots i often, unintentially put so much into the shot, that i totally follow through and my legs and arms can go flying through the air rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Alex Higgins <ok>

Yeh for such an unorthodox and twitchy action, the end results were quite amazing.

Im quite an impatient person at times, and ive always played fast at snooker and pool. Maybe its just cos im a pretty natural player - quite often i am thinking that far ahead of the shot that i hit it before i even get fully down on the shot. The longer im down on a shot the more time i have to think it over, and self doubt can creep in. When playing power shots i often, unintentially put so much into the shot, that i totally follow through and my legs and arms can go flying through the air rofl

I would love to have a game or two with you, we would have a rite laugh

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Alex Higgins <ok>

wouldnt be a laugh when id won all your money off you tho rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Alex Higgins <ok>

wouldnt be a laugh when id won all your money off you tho rofl

:(

Postby Wildey

for me it has to be mark williams.....so casual so relaxed for maximum effect.

Postby Roland

Best cue actions: Murphy, Lee, O'Sullivan, Ding

Favourite cue actions: Cope, Williams, Alex Higgins, Swail, Trump

Worst cue actions: Harold, Wattana, Allen

Postby GJ

best cue action - robbo or lee

Postby The Cueist

Stephen Hendry is of course my first choice,Look at the results and also done under lots of pressure which he thrives on. :bowdown:

Ronnie is second to Stephen,Although i would say Ronnies cue action has had to stand up when under pressure against a lot more formidable opposition on a more regular basis.

Im sure many of you will see it differently but that is my opinion,Ding also has a sound cue action.

Murphy is a self righteous one who i am not keen on and lost the worlds last year against John Higgins with a case of embarresssment-itus,He just never gave Higgins a match as he was too worried what was wrote in the paper all because he sorted out some old shagbag. <doh>

Though he is blessed with a cracking cue action straight from the Joe Davis bible. ;)

So good cue action but mentally frail. :roll:

This is to take nothing away from John Higgins win last year,JH must have been rubbing his hands that day and kept giving him a little cheeky grin throughout. ;) ;)

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:Stephen Hendry is of course my first choice,Look at the results and also done under lots of pressure which he thrives on. :bowdown:

Ronnie is second to Stephen,Although i would say Ronnies cue action has had to stand up when under pressure against a lot more formidable opposition on a more regular basis.

Im sure many of you will see it differently but that is my opinion,Ding also has a sound cue action.

Murphy is a self righteous one who i am not keen on and lost the worlds last year against John Higgins with a case of embarresssment-itus,He just never gave Higgins a match as he was too worried what was wrote in the paper all because he sorted out some old shagbag. <doh>

Though he is blessed with a cracking cue action straight from the Joe Davis bible. ;)

So good cue action but mentally frail. :roll:

This is to take nothing away from John Higgins win last year,JH must have been rubbing his hands that day and kept giving him a little cheeky grin throughout. ;) ;)

the cueist,
best reply yet, real good analysis.
i agree with all what you say, might be inclined to swap hendry and ronnie around