Post a reply

Stephen Maguire concedes frame with ten reds left

Postby SnookerFan

As reported by Mr. Wild in the PTC thread, On Fire Maguire concede the frame with ten reds on the table. Not only that, but he was only one away from defeat, so lost the match in doing so. He has been fined.

Anybody got any more information? And what do people make of Maguire doing such?

It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when a player does such a thing obviously. Was a reason/excuse given at all?

Re: Stephen Maguire concedes frame with ten reds left

Postby king.kauto

Bourne wrote:The eye-Ronnie here being that if Ronnie did it, we'd have been talking about this for the last 24 hours here :limp:

buck ronnie, not everything is about that cockerels mate pin end.
Its nothing to do with him and nobody has mentioned him except you.

Postby Tubberlad

king.kauto wrote:
Bourne wrote:The eye-Ronnie here being that if Ronnie did it, we'd have been talking about this for the last 24 hours here :limp:

<laugh> It's true enough though. But Maguire is nowhere near as big a name as him and that's why he's not being talked about. Ding was controversial last year with a strange break-off shot last year and it was well talked about, because Ding is a huge name right now.

Postby Bourne

king.kauto wrote:

little kitten ronnie, not everything is about that cockerels mate porcupine spike.

I mentioned him, so deal with it kiddo <ok>

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:
king.kauto wrote:

<laugh> It's true enough though. But Maguire is nowhere near as big a name as him and that's why he's not being talked about. Ding was controversial last year with a strange break-off shot last year and it was well talked about, because Ding is a huge name right now.

I hear DING is a hero in the land of China. :wave:

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
king.kauto wrote:

little kitten ronnie, not everything is about that cockerels mate porcupine spike.

I hear DING is a hero in the land of China. :wave:

Enter the dragon :D

Postby randam05

He is a mug, you are right Snookerfan.

Nah seriously, this sums up my view on him as a player and his view on snooker. Hes too lazy and careless towards the game, hence his poor record recentley. I put a thread here a while ago talking about how he will be the next big name to decline and drop from the top 16, i dont see it this season. But by the end of next season or two perhaps we will be talking about him as one of the players who should have done more!

Poor attitude.