Topic locked

Premier League 2011: Week 3 (Motherwell) ROBERTSON WINS.

Postby Wildey

A new year and a new format for the longest running shot-clock event in the sport. This year there are 10 players competing in an overall group-stage, with, once again, 4 semi-finalists going through to the finals weekend in Norfolk in November. Each week there will be 2 semi-finals and a final. Week Three sees World Champion John Higgins take on 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson. And in the other semi-final, Masters champion Ding Junhui take on Newly Crowned Brazilian Masters Champion Shaun Murphy, with the two winners facing each other in the final.

The 10 competing players are:

Allister Carter
Ding Junhui
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Neil Robertson
Matthew Stevens
Judd Trump
Jimmy White
Mark Williams
Week Three: Thursday 22 September (19:30 BST)

John Higgins 0-3 Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui 3-2 Shaun Murphy.

Final: Neil Robertson 3-1 Ding Junhui
Premier League
Fixtures
Prediction Contest

Image Image

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 3 (Motherwell)

Postby Witz78

Thinking about Ding just back from China and Murphy just back from Brazil gotta make winner of Higgins v Robbo strong fave. Fact its on home turf i can see the parakeet winning both games quite easy.

Though Robbo did beat Higgins last time they played in Scotland.

Any of these 4 in early PTC action 2mora by the way?

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:Ding is on at 9am and Smurph at 11. Higgins and Robbo both not playing til Saturday.

really, thats just stupid, they could easily make the PL players play at the latest last 128 slot, whats that about 2pm or 3pm?

Stupidity rules yet again <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
beergitte wrote:Ding is on at 9am and Smurph at 11. Higgins and Robbo both not playing til Saturday.

really, thats just stupid, they could easily make the PL players play at the latest last 128 slot, whats that about 2pm or 3pm?

Stupidity rules yet again <doh>

9am is just stupid anyway last 128 is all the way to 3pm session god if both matches over run ding reaches the final and its 11.30 when its finished Ding has to go from motherwell to sheffield in about 9 hours not much chance for sleep.

Postby mishcka

Ding is the iron man, he would probably fly there... using his Iron Man.. flying thingy!
they should probably move the PL to Wedensdays for the rest of players who are not ironmen!
or move PTCs...
or even better: scrap the PL all together.

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:It's 3pm, and you're right, it is stupid. It shouldn't be a big problem having those matches played later.

and he could stil be playing his last 32 match at 2am saturday rofl

Postby SnookerFan

beergitte wrote:Tonight it will be live on liveworldsnooker.tv for the first time. Only outside the UK of course :-)

I might see if I can get a free live stream myself. If I wasn't trying to cut back I might nip to the pub to watch this. That and the fact that the new PL rules aren't even worth the effort and money of visiting the pub for. rofl

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
beergitte wrote:Tonight it will be live on liveworldsnooker.tv for the first time. Only outside the UK of course :-)

I might see if I can get a free live stream myself. If I wasn't trying to cut back I might nip to the pub to watch this. That and the fact that the new PL rules aren't even worth the effort and money of visiting the pub for. rofl

since when was a good excuse needed to hit the pub :fart: <doh> :limp:

Postby beergitte

Grrrr, I've just been informed, I have to be somewhere new at work today, which means no Premier League for me tonight. >-( No laughing at Witz sitting in the front row, enjoying his favourite players sober. :-(

Postby SnookerFan

beergitte wrote:Grrrr, I've just been informed, I have to be somewhere new at work today, which means no Premier League for me tonight. >-( No laughing at Witz sitting in the front row, enjoying his favourite players sober. :-(

Never mind, you can laugh at Witz any time. :-)

Postby beergitte

SnookerFan wrote:
beergitte wrote:Grrrr, I've just been informed, I have to be somewhere new at work today, which means no Premier League for me tonight. >-( No laughing at Witz sitting in the front row, enjoying his favourite players sober. :-(

Never mind, you can laugh at Witz any time. :-)

Thanks, I feel better now :-)
I'm just going to imagine Witz in the front row then. I'm laughing already, and he's not even there yet :-D

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Are you actually going to be in the front row Witz? Wear your Snooker Island T-Shirt. :D

will you be dancing getting snake hissed while a sober witz watching higgins <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Are you actually going to be in the front row Witz? Wear your Snooker Island T-Shirt. :D

will you be dancing getting snake hissed while a sober witz watching higgins <laugh>

Don't you start? rofl My chorophobia is a real obsession with this forum.

No, I think I might live stream it tonight, if I can find one for free. Hopefully my birthday in two weeks I'll be somewhere near a Sky Sports box and a beer. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

great start from robertson hes starting to look good again after a year of indiffernce.

did witz shout come on neil then lol