Topic locked

ROLL CALL

Postby Smart

It might be early I hear you say, you must be mad I hear you say.

Anyway, the season tickets allocations have been sent out (complete with price rise, as is now standard). I am going Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - FIRST WEEK.

So folks your job, in time honoured tradition, is to copy and paste so that we have a full suite of all those attending the Crucible from the Island.

ps I was watching some Shanghai snooker footage I taped and on the adverts for the Brazilian Masters was a gent in a SnookerIsland t-shirt with glasses and not much hair....................... rofl :chuckle: :chuckle:

Smart: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - FIRST WEEK

Re: ROLL CALL

Postby Alex0paul

I'll be getting semi final tickets as usual. Have not been for two years so will definitely be going this year. Might get a few for the first week too to meet a few other islanders.

Postby Witz78

yeh i noticed they had bumped up the prices again from last year.

First weekend is £20 a session.
First week Weekdays £15 morning then £20 for afternoon, £20 for evening.
Middle weekend £20 a session.
QF 2 x£25 and £30,
SF 3 x £30 and £35,
Final 3x£50 and £65.

Postby Witz78

Likely be the 1st week as usual for me id imagine

would sooner go then, see all the players, soak up the atmosphere, have a good time then go home when the tournaments down to the nitty gritty to actually watch some snooker properly.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Likely be the 1st week as usual for me id imagine

would sooner go then, see all the players, soak up the atmosphere, have a good time then go home when the tournaments down to the nitty gritty to actually watch some snooker properly.

:hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

I'll be on the other side of the planet and won't have to watch Higgins making any inevitable comebacks :D

Postby Witz78

yeh big Front Row Chris was saying hes not happy with the price hikes.

Wonder if Front Row Brians new bird will let him go :limp:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Likely be the 1st week as usual for me id imagine

:hatoff:

I'll not be having to f*ck off up to Jockoland for a few days next time, so will get a chuckle at you once ur properly drunk

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:yeh big Front Row Chris was saying hes not happy with the price hikes.

Spoke with Chris this morning (£1920) - not really small beer is it. :gag:

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yeh big Front Row Chris was saying hes not happy with the price hikes.

Spoke with Chris this morning (£1920) - not really small beer is it. :gag:

Yikes. Add in some ££ for me on the pool table and it will add up :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:It might be early I hear you say, you must be mad I hear you say.

Anyway, the season tickets allocations have been sent out (complete with price rise, as is now standard). I am going Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - FIRST WEEK.

So folks your job, in time honoured tradition, is to copy and paste so that we have a full suite of all those attending the Crucible from the Island.

ps I was watching some Shanghai snooker footage I taped and on the adverts for the Brazilian Masters was a gent in a SnookerIsland t-shirt with glasses and not much hair....................... rofl :chuckle: :chuckle:

You're mad! :shock:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:It might be early I hear you say, you must be mad I hear you say.

You're mad! :shock:

u back for the final again Snookerfan?

sod that, id sooner leave that to the prawn sandwich brigade and freeloaders
Last edited by Witz78 on 12 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Casey

I will be there for the first weekend and prob the Monday too :D

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:I will be there for the first weekend and prob the Monday too :D

Might catch you, Verhass and the bird with the condom in the Reflex then :D

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:I will be there for the first weekend and prob the Monday too :D

Might catch you, Verhass and the bird with the condom in the Reflex then :D

Boom!! Sounds like a plan to me :excite:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
u back for the final again Snookerfan?

sod that, id sooner leave that to the prawn sandwich brigade and freeloaders

I'm thinking about it actually. Not quite decided yet.

Postby SnookerFan

When do they go on sale for us plebs without season tickets? It's early October, aint it?

Postby Witz78

November

sod the final, youd be better getting three times as many days worth of tickets for the same price

then again your only going to watch snooker so the first week of partying prob aint up your street :D

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:November

sod the final, youd be better getting three times as many days worth of tickets for the same price

then again your only going to watch snooker so the first week of partying prob aint up your street :D

No, you've got a point about the first week being cheaper. And I like the 10am starts because I get up early to get my buffet breakfast in anyway, so aint hanging around doing buck all until 2pm.

On the downside, it takes four months before they announce who is playing in what matches, so the advantage of chosing who you want to see is gone.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

No, you've got a point about the first week being cheaper. And I like the 10am starts because I get up early to get my buffet breakfast in anyway, so aint hanging around doing buck all until 2pm.

On the downside, it takes four months before they announce who is playing in what matches, so the advantage of chosing who you want to see is gone.

it does not matter who you see surely, its the world champs - there is gonna be 1 decent player in every match...............guaranteed. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
it does not matter who you see surely, its the world champs - there is gonna be 1 decent player in every match...............guaranteed. :hatoff:

I was just naming it as a consideration, as you don't get to choose who you see in the final either. And you're right, it doesn't really matter who you see. I just prefer the choice if I'm going to first round matches. I tend to do Ronnie-avoiding. rofl

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

I was just naming it as a consideration, as you don't get to choose who you see in the final either. And you're right, it doesn't really matter who you see. I just prefer the choice if I'm going to first round matches. I tend to do Ronnie-avoiding. rofl

Just had a flashback to last time, and you know those towels the players get (white) - I could of picked up Ronnie's towel from the afternoon session vs Dominic Dale as he had left it on the side and I was right by it. That would of been a great souvenir to of kept (and never washed). :gag: :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

if you go for 4 or 5 days in the first round you pretty much see all 32 players anyway so far better

plus you get to see the conclusion to a match 3 times each day so its non stop excitment

(sometimes it even exciting enough for me to go in to watch)

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:if you go for 4 or 5 days in the first round you pretty much see all 32 players anyway so far better

plus you get to see the conclusion to a match 3 times each day so its non stop excitment

I'm usually only up for a couple of days, that's the thing. Usually just first Saturday and Sunday. And I did enjoy being at the final last year, as well as watching the concluding semis in the hotel bar with other snooker fans...

Anyway, don't matter. I got a month to decide. I'll probably change my mind a hundred times before deciding. rofl

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:if you go for 4 or 5 days in the first round you pretty much see all 32 players anyway so far better

I'm usually only up for a couple of days, that's the thing. Usually just first Saturday and Sunday. And I did enjoy being at the final last year, as well as watching the concluding semis in the hotel bar with other snooker fans...

Anyway, don't matter. I got a month to decide. I'll probably change my mind a hundred times before deciding. rofl

Another flash back, semi looking forward to MJW vs Day and then having one pint and thinking buck tonight lets get plastered !!!! :D

And then seeing MJW in the pub, and having pictures with him and Gouldy. :hatoff:

Postby Casey

Any idea how much the tickets are this year?

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:

Any idea how much the tickets are this year?

opening weekend

20quid a session

first week

15 quid morning
20 quid afternoon and evening tickets

middle weekend

20 quid a session

quarters

25 quid 1st 2 sessions, 30 quid final session

semis

30 quid 1st 3 sessions, 35quid final session

final 50 quid 1st 3 sessions, 65 quid final session

------------------------------------

not sure what my plan of attack will be

last couple of years ive done my main visit from the Tuesday / Wednesday to the Sunday / Monday of the middle weekend.

I like to be there for opening weekend but did a Saturday to Wedneday stint 3 years ago and the Sunday night out was dire and Mon and Tues werent that great either, so tend to focus my trip on heading when the nightlifes going to be at its optimum level <ok>

Postby beergitte

We might be going this year :happy:

If we do go, it'll most likely be for semi's and/or possibly the final.