Post a reply

PTC Ranking Points

Postby Wildey

Theres a lot of Talk about Taking the Best Results out of the 12 PTC to go towards the Rankings but i think you only get the Full Benefit of that idea if you play in them all so that would not relieve Expenses or Tierdnes

Take Mark Davis someone on the Brink of the Top 16 These were his points Last season in the PTC

Best 6 results out of 12 Events

= 5120 Points

Just say if Mark used that Idea and decided ill miss the first 4 Events have a Long Fantastic Holiday

= 3,200 Points

as you can see Mark would be well down on points.

Re: PTC Ranking Points

Postby Witz78

The main counter argument is that the top players miss a lot of the events and therefore the game isnt promoted in these new countries which was partly what the PTC was set up for in addition to giving players opportunities.

Id say with the busier calendar, if 12 PTCs continue and the closed doors ones at Sheffield continue, then these should be the ones which are non compulsary to enter.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:The main counter argument is that the top players miss a lot of the events and therefore the game isnt promoted in these new countries which was partly what the PTC was set up for in addition to giving players opportunities.

Id say with the busier calendar, if 12 PTCs continue and the closed doors ones at Sheffield continue, then these should be the ones which are non compulsary to enter.

yes but what im saying the only way you can take full advantage of the BEST Results is if you play in all of them.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:The main counter argument is that the top players miss a lot of the events and therefore the game isnt promoted in these new countries which was partly what the PTC was set up for in addition to giving players opportunities.

yes but what im saying the only way you can take full advantage of the BEST Results is if you play in all of them.

Yes, but you can decide that what you have got is "good enough" and manage your season in a way as to avoid burn-out in majors. If you doubt that burn-out is a real issue then read September issue of Snooker Scene, especially pages 6 and 7 and the editorial. And if you doubt that the current system is deliberate blackmail, read Barry Hearn's quote on page 7 of the same issue.

And on a boasting note... I made the cover page :)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

Yes, but you can decide that what you have got is "good enough" and manage your season in a way as to avoid burn-out in majors. If you doubt that burn-out is a real issue then read September issue of Snooker Scene, especially pages 6 and 7 and the editorial. And if you doubt that the current system is deliberate blackmail, read Barry Hearn's quote on page 7 of the same issue.

And on a boasting note... I made the cover page :)

i do agree it should come in to it .....

but i was looking at last season rankings and quite possibly if they took the best reasults last season in the ptc Hendry with scoring in only 3 events would stil be in the top 16 and then i thought would that not be a form of pretection ??...