Topic locked

Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters Final Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Monday 5th~Sunday 11th of September at the Grand Stage in Shanghai.

After 2 Contrasting Semi Finals we have reached the Final Between The two Top Players in the World Mark Williams and Mark Selby.

They met Start of the Year in the German Masters Final on that Ocation Williams won after a entertaining Final.

Can Mark Selby Take Revenge Tomorrow before Flying Off to Brazil ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

LIVE STREAMING

PREDICTION CONTEST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 11th of September

7am and 12.45pm BST

Mark Selby v Mark Williams

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:And me, you don't fluke two ranking final collapses in the space of a few months.

agree John Higgins had nothing at all to do with it just in the right place at the right time but mark williams is way off his best form and still reaching finals pretty consistant.

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:And me, you don't fluke two ranking final collapses in the space of a few months.

That's bullocks and here's why:

1 - the UK final from 9-6 to 9-10 was a case of Higgins doing what he does and don't forget Williams potted match ball only for Higgins to get a snooker. Watching that match Higgins was playing at the end as if he was destined to win.

2 - the Australian final was a case of a light flicking in Bingham's head where he suddenly felt like he had nothing to lose and hit top form. He won that final, Williams didn't lose it.

3 - from 5-4 down against Robbo today he played some of the best pressure pots I've seen for a long time from any player. After all, he is the best single ball potter of all time

Anyway, I think Selby will win. It's about time and Robbo showed the way that Mark plays a few careless shots here and there amidst the brilliance and it usually happens when he's got his nose in front, he takes his foot off the gas a bit. Selby is a good front runner, the problem with him is he's not the best starter which is why you see him play catch up so often. Both of them are big occasion players so expect the quality to be a 97% masterclass.

Selby to win 10-7

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Toss of a coin tomorrow.

Who calls Williams still a bottler???

me

just so happened Wurzel was a bigger bottler today

losing to a 2 time worlds champ in a tight match is abit more respectful than choking agianst a journeyman like hamilton

ronald rofl :chuckle: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:well played williams nerves of steel

good luck williams for the final

it was a good match very exciting some you win some you lose the key is putting yourself in possitions to win from almost 4-1 down robbo did just that.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:well played williams nerves of steel

good luck williams for the final

it was a good match very exciting some you win some you lose the key is putting yourself in possitions to win from almost 4-1 down robbo did just that.

spot on mate you cant win all close matches but losing one to a proper champion is abit easier than to a journeyman

;-) :-)

Postby GJ

Robbo has never done well in china so at least for future china events he will have more belief as he said in his interview on WS SITE

Hoepfully he can take this good form to the next events

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Toss of a coin tomorrow.

Who calls Williams still a bottler???

me

just so happened Wurzel was a bigger bottler today

losing to a 2 time worlds champ in a tight match is abit more respectful than choking agianst a journeyman like hamilton

ronald rofl :chuckle: <laugh>

yes that is slightly no scratch that VERY bucking IRATATING.

when ronnie misses its never a choke its his head not right when others miss its a choke <ok>

Postby Wildey

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Missed the first three sodding frames. Jesus wept. Why couldn't I get up earlier, thought it started at 8am.

i did tell you 7am cant do more than that <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Missed the first three sodding frames. Jesus wept. Why couldn't I get up earlier, thought it started at 8am.

The same thing happened at Eurosport. They showed an hour of some guy going for a drive, and then put the last half frame of Williams making it 2-2. rofl

Then they went; "Do you remember last years final? Here's a frame to watch for the last session." What they didn't bother to tell you is, last year they only showed you the morning session live. :roll: