Topic locked

Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters S Final Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Monday 5th~Sunday 11th of September at the Grand Stage in Shanghai.

So its the Semi Finals with Selby v King and Battle of the Left Handed World Champions Robertson and Williams.

Selby must be Favorite to make the Final but The other Match is Harder to call.

Find out The Answers tomorrow.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

LIVE STREAMING

PREDICTION CONTEST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 10th of September

7.00am BST

Mark King v Mark Selby

12.45pm BST

Mark Williams v Neil Robertson

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters S Final Discussio

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:////////////////////Quarter Finals////////////////////

5-0 Mark King v Anthony Hamilton
5-0 Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy
5-0 Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens
VOID John Higgins v Neil Robertson - i cant bring myself to predict this clash, could they both not just be sent home

that contributed to witz having his best day predicting <laugh>

Postby Wildey

hamilton wrote:"Whenever I was down on the shot he was in line with me and his arms were moving around. He had an attitude problem. I complained three times about it but it didn't make any difference. Then they changed one of the cameramen but it was the wrong one.

world snooker cant even change the right camera man rofl rofl

Postby Tubberlad

I'm willing to put it out there that, along with Dott, Robertson is the most underrated player in snooker. For some unknown reason, he seems to be derided constantly in spite of the great success he has had. Why exactly?

Six ranking finals, six wins, a superb conversion rate from the semi-finals onwards. Selby is critically acclaimed on the other hand, but has done precious little in comparison to Robertson. Doesn't make sense to me.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I'm willing to put it out there that, along with Dott, Robertson is the most underrated player in snooker. For some unknown reason, he seems to be derided constantly in spite of the great success he has had. Why exactly?

Six ranking finals, six wins, a superb conversion rate from the semi-finals onwards. Selby is critically acclaimed on the other hand, but has done precious little in comparison to Robertson. Doesn't make sense to me.

hes the most succesfull player since the class of 92 thats almost 20 years.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I'm willing to put it out there that, along with Dott, Robertson is the most underrated player in snooker. For some unknown reason, he seems to be derided constantly in spite of the great success he has had. Why exactly?

hes the most succesfull player since the class of 92 thats almost 20 years.

Paul Hunter ? :D

Ding Junhui ? :D

plenty more i could add to the mix but ill give you these 2 for starters :hatoff:

Postby Smart

I think he has made a rod for his own back with the coughing, the silly hats, the tardy attitude to timeliness and his lack of flair. All these elements have made him a big turn off. In fact he is, IMVHPO, just another manufactured leftie. Thats right "walk into the shot, Mr Robot".

Good luck MJW, kick Robbos ass !!! :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Nobody underrates Robertson.

Carter for example really is an underrated player.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

hes the most successful player since the class of 92 thats almost 20 years.

Paul Hunter ? :D

Ding Junhui ? :D

plenty more i could add to the mix but ill give you these 2 for starters :hatoff:

Neither Paul or Ding have been as successful as Neil. That World title with 5 rankers to go with it holds a lot of weight.

Postby Wildey

neither been World Champion and Ding not even reached 6 Tournament wins hes on 5 and Hunter 6 .

no comparison mate although ding might surpass him hes only 24.

Postby Witz78

hes OVER rated rather than under rated

an excessive haul of rankers compared to the similar peers of his generation thanks to lucky draws

his long potting is yawn so boring these days, hardly anything to write home about

hes so boring to watch and hes turned into a right sad act since he had a kid, even Selt cant be fussed with him anymore

He thinks having a Lego Man hairstyle made of old straw hes found in a barn, constitutes having a personality.

Hes duller than an episode of Prisoner Cell Block H

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:hes OVER rated rather than under rated

an excessive haul of rankers compared to the similar peers of his generation thanks to lucky draws

his long potting is yawn so boring these days, hardly anything to write home about

hes so boring to watch and hes turned into a right sad act since he had a kid, even Selt cant be fussed with him anymore

He thinks having a Lego Man hairstyle made of old straw hes found in a barn, constitutes having a personality.

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

absalute bullocks come back when you know what your talking about buck sakes total idiot

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:neither been World Champion and Ding not even reached 6 Tournament wins hes on 5 and Hunter 6 .

no comparison mate although ding might surpass him hes only 24.

Ding has 6 years on him so of course he will surpass him unless something incredible happens.

Ding leads 3-1 on majors count which is good enough for me

as does Hunter, so to say theres no comparison, then yeh i think your right there, Robbo isnt in their class.

Anyway the boy wonder Trump will achieve far more by the times hes nearly 30 than Wurzel ever has.

Postby Wildey

his lucky draws has consisted of beating Ronnie 3 times in winning 6 rankers yes you might be right he did get lucky getting drawn against that crap player <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

absalute bullocks come back when you know what your talking about buck sakes total idiot

right whats so exciting about him as a player AND a person? come on, lets see what nonsense you come up with

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:his lucky draws has consisted of beating Ronnie 3 times in winning 6 rankers yes you might be right he did get lucky getting drawn against that crap player <ok>

Ronnies demons had returned on those 3 occasions :D

yes right that old boring chestnut <laugh>

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:The fact hes ginger and tries to pretend he aint doesnt exactly endear him to the masses.

No different to black and white minstrel men really

probably there is a whole ginger population out there who feel snubbed and outraged at his hair dying....................I see where they are coming from. Its like being black and wearing white make up - as if you are not proud of yourself. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:The fact hes ginger and tries to pretend he aint doesnt exactly endear him to the masses.

No different to black and white minstrel men really

probably there is a whole ginger population out there who feel snubbed and outraged at his hair dying....................I see where they are coming from. Its like being black and wearing white make up - as if you are not proud of yourself. :hatoff:

Steve Davis is ginger and he covers it up by being a old fart shoot him.