12%
Liang WENBO
6%

Total votes : 34

Favourite foreign player of all time

Postby Witz78

up to FOUR votes each

to find out the most popular foreign player of all time. :hatoff:

(the players listed below are the best of the foreigners to have graced snooker since the 50s based on achievements and rankings)

Re: Favourite foreign player of all time

Postby Wildey

its 2 canadians and 2 Aussies for me

Cliff Thorburn (he was my second fave after Alex when i started to get in to Snooker)
Kirk Stevens (he just looked cool for me as a kid in the 80s.....now though he looks so old fashion even for then a 70s throw back <laugh> )
Quinten Hann (first saw him as a 14 year old in the Mita World Masters and followed him ever since and then he screwed it all up)
Neil Robertson (it was a close run thing with Ding but i opted for Neil theres just more about him as a person)

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:What if you're reading this and you're German? Are you allowed to say Ronnie?

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD I TELL YOU :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

change it to non british player of all time <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:its 2 canadians and 2 Aussies for me

Cliff Thorburn (he was my second fave after Alex when i started to get in to Snooker)
Kirk Stevens (he just looked cool for me as a kid in the 80s.....now though he looks so old fashion even for then a 70s throw back <laugh> )
Quinten Hann (first saw him as a 14 year old in the Mita World Masters and followed him ever since and then he screwed it all up)
Neil Robertson (it was a close run thing with Ding but i opted for Neil theres just more about him as a person)

at the time i found Thorburn boring and didnt really like his style of play.

Yeh Stevens was dressed from the Disco era really so he was about 10 years out of date even then, though it was a cool image.

Its a case of what might have been had Hann knuckled down, no doubt he would have won a ranker and had a good few runs at the Crucible had he screwed the nut (and not been the victim of a conspiracy)

Robbo had the personality of a wet fish thats been slapped off the deck half a dozen times :fart: hes the reincarnation of Worzel Gummidge :dinner: hes dull as ditchwater, seriously. Oh wait, hes got silly hair, that makes him a character <doh>

Postby Witz78

Tricky decision for me

4 from these 6 (Charlton, Stevens, Silvino, Drago, Robidoux and Hann) for me.

I used to spend hours upon hours from about the age of 5 on the 6x3 in my room practicing all the shots and advice in my Eddie Charlton book so theres always been a sentimental appeal about ole Eddie.

Kirk was cool but sadly didnt hang around long enough to make a real impact, a Canadian version of Meo in that sense i guess.

I always though Silvino was such a cool dude, had a real presence about him similar to Dracula actually, and the name was awesome too. He could play a bit too on his day without ever really threatening the top top players.

Drago a no brainer, one of my all time faves for his style of play, heart on sleeve character and emotional rollercoaster he puts fans through.

Robidoux was a bit of an early version of Selby actually with his unique pool / trick shot inspired shot selections at times, and he also had a bit of a loose cannon persona. Plus he is a dead ringer for Michael Schumacher.

Hann exploded onto the scene in the late 90s and became a new anti-establishment Higgins like figure for me to worship. Never a dull moment watching him play.

Right, decision time now i guess. Drago plus 3 others........

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Fergal O'Brien

Yeah how about fergal, ken and swail? :-( I would have voted them all!

Norn Iron is GB but I think when Witz says overseas he means away from the British Isles :john:

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Fergal O'Brien

Yeah how about fergal, ken and swail? :-( I would have voted them all!

Norn Iron is GB but I think when Witz says overseas he means away from the British Isles :john:

yeh just the same way as Alex, Dennis and Ken were never referred to as overseas winners of the WC but Cliff and Neil were.

for the record Swails Northern Irish tho :D

Postby hitman_ronnie1

in today's game.

ding - a victory for shy people everywhere. :win:

what happened to him at the masters against ronnie was gut wrenching viewing. :-(

just needs to deliver at the crucible to seal the deal.

terrific player.

from the past.

tony drago - true speedking.

on form he was a joy to watch. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:in today's game.

ding - a victory for shy people everywhere. :win:

what happened to him at the masters against ronnie was gut wrenching viewing. :-(

just needs to deliver at the crucible to seal the deal.

terrific player.

from the past.

tony drago - true speedking.

on form he was a joy to watch. :bowdown:

I'm hoping Ding will win a world title in the next couple of seasons. His from at The Crucible was grim coming into this season, but he then got to the semis, and it took Judd in the form of his life to stop him. But it'd be good to see Ding as having been a UK Champion, a Masters Champion and World champion.