Topic locked

Re: Brazilian Masters - bits and bobs

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:infact im starting to think Gould payed off Allen to not go..

there will be a few brazilian girls befrending him on facebook soon :-D

hes a sound guy but Goulds so called playboy status makes me chuckle :bow:

We seem to be handing out playboy status to just about everybody these days. :-D

Though Gould does seem to at least try to chat women up. As those of us on his facebook friends list can confirm.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
itll take the guts of a day to get there with a stop for refuelling en route probably

Therein probably lies the problem. If you're not particularly interested in laying on the beach and just are there to play snooker, it's a hell of a long way just to play a best of seven where you might lose then come back. Even if you win, you're only there for four days. May well be why the players aren't going.

I'm not excusing them though. It's a snooker tournament, and they are snooker players. Stop begging for more tournaments, if you're only going to have a crab when the tour suddenly becomes internationally busy. I still think though, if snooker has got popularity in Brazil then they should be looking to make this a full on ranking event.

Postby Wildey

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:At least that's what he told me.

do you call each other ?

Postby snooky147

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:There is. Selby is taking it Monday after Shanghai. At least that's what he told me.

As far as I am led to believe, you have to fly from Shanghai to either Heathrow or Frankfurt and get a plane from there.

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:There is. Selby is taking it Monday after Shanghai. At least that's what he told me.

As far as I am led to believe, you have to fly from Shanghai to either Heathrow or Frankfurt and get a plane from there.

surely they mut be able to fly on from Shanghai that direction.

The worlds round, not flat ya know :excite: :dizzy: :clap:

Postby Wildey

this must be the most talked about event thats never been played yet <laugh>

its about time we get the boys on the baize in brazil....

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:just while i remember Igor actually wanted to play in the World Cup but was screwed over by the Brazil snooker authorities

HOW ?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:just while i remember Igor actually wanted to play in the World Cup but was screwed over by the Brazil snooker authorities

HOW ?

he never elaborated on it so i didnt bother asking. Hes really looking forward to the Brazil tournament though he says.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

HOW ?

he never elaborated on it so i didnt bother asking. Hes really looking forward to the Brazil tournament though he says.

proberbly no visa

ive noticed Lucky Vatnani entred PTC 5 to 9 Will he play now :chin:

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

All I know is that those involved in the final stages of Shanghai have to go to Frankfurt or London to Proceed to Brazil.

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

All I know is that those involved in the final stages of Shanghai have to go to Frankfurt or London to Proceed to Brazil.

well whatever WPBSA muppets are organising this are totally useless and should be sacked, ive just mucked about on Opodo for 5 minutes there and found plenty of DIRECT flights from Shanghai to Florianopolis (the exact venue of the Brazil tournament) so what sense there is for the players to come back to the UK or Germany first god knows.

http://www.opodo.co.uk/opodo/flights/se ... rnTime=ANY

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

well whatever WPBSA muppets are organising this are totally useless and should be sacked, ive just mucked about on Opodo for 5 minutes there and found plenty of DIRECT flights from Shanghai to Florianopolis (the exact venue of the Brazil tournament) so what sense there is for the players to come back to the UK or Germany first god knows.

http://www.opodo.co.uk/opodo/flights/se ... rnTime=ANY

it beggers belief if miss shanghai wants to go to see mr brazil it will have to be via heathrow <laugh>

Postby Witz78

yeh i bet some players only pulled out cos the WPSBA told them there was no direct flights and they couldnt be fussed with the hassle of loads of flights, coming back to UK first etc

talk about the WPSBA shooting themselves in the foot

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:yeh i bet some players only pulled out cos the WPSBA told them there was no direct flights and they couldnt be fussed with the hassle of loads of flights, coming back to UK first etc

talk about the WPSBA shooting themselves in the foot

well if that is the case :kill: :kill: :bounce4: :kill: :kill:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:this must be the most talked about event thats never been played yet <laugh>

its about time we get the boys on the baize in brazil....

People will have got bored of it by the time the tournament is on. Nobody is going to watch it. rofl

Postby Wildey

This Week in shanghai The Session times have been

7.30am BST and 12.45pm BST

Next Week in Brazil they will be

6pm BST, 8pm BST, 12am BST and 2am BST

4 Matches per day on 1 Table.

thats some turn around for Selby and Murphy.

Postby gallantrabbit

Well I'll be watching it. Ao vivo...starting with Igor's first game.
They are qualifying down there now. I'm gutted. Best of 7 on real tables, I could have done some damage...