Topic locked

Premier League 2011: Week 2 (Guildford) WILLIAMS WINS.

Postby Wildey

A new year and a new format for the longest running shot-clock event in the sport. This year there are 10 players competing in an overall group-stage, with, once again, 4 semi-finalists going through to the finals weekend in Norfolk in November. Each week there will be 2 semi-finals and a final. Week Two sees World Senior's winner Jimmy White take on World No 1 and German Masters Champion Mark Williams. And in the other semi-final, Defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan takes on PTC Grand Final Champion Shaun Murphy, with the two winners facing each other in the final.
The 10 competing players are:

Allister Carter
Ding Junhui
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Neil Robertson
Matthew Stevens
Judd Trump
Jimmy White
Mark Williams
Week Two: Thursday 1 September (19:30 BST)

Jimmy White 0-3 Mark Williams
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2-3 Shaun Murphy.

Final: Mark Williams 3-1 Shaun Murphy.
Premier League
Fixtures
Prediction Contest

Live-Scoring

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 2 (Guildford)

Postby SnookerFan

I'm probably going to get lynched, or called a hatah! But I'm hoping for a Mark Williams vs Murphy final. No disrespect meant to the legendary Jimmy. All disrespect meant to that hammer from Essex. :bird: :D

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I'm probably going to get lynched, or called a hatah! But I'm hoping for a Mark Williams vs Murphy final. No disrespect meant to the legendary Jimmy. All disrespect meant to that hammer from Essex. :bird: :D

Williams v Murphy :fart:

Peoples Champion Final all the way <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm probably going to get lynched, or called a hatah! But I'm hoping for a Mark Williams vs Murphy final. No disrespect meant to the legendary Jimmy. All disrespect meant to that hammer from Essex. :bird: :D

Williams v Murphy :fart:

Peoples Champion Final all the way <ok>

Wouldn't mind Jimmy getting through, just more of a Williams fan.

To be honest, I can see it being a Ronnie vs Williams final. Murphy is just Ronnie's lovely lady. :fart:

Postby Wildey

i think tonight will give us a insight of how this tournament will go you got in my opinion the 2 biggest threat to Ronnie winning it playing Williams and Murphy + ofcourse the man himself.

Postby Roland

We don't need any insight to know it's a pile of rubbish. I'll still watch it though because it can be quite funny watching the players running around the place.

Postby Witz78

i worked it out that statistically there can be a min of 9 frames per night and a max of 15 frames so if we take the average (9+15)/2 = 12 and divide that by the 4 players (12/4)=3 then based on all players playing 4 times, the cut off point to make it into the top 4 and the semis will be (4X3) = 12 points.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:i worked it out that statistically there can be a min of 9 frames per night and a max of 15 frames so if we take the average (9+15)/2 = 12 and divide that by the 4 players (12/4)=3 then based on all players playing 4 times, the cut off point to make it into the top 4 and the semis will be (4X3) = 12 points.

ok thanks <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:We don't need any insight to know it's a pile of rubbish. I'll still watch it though because it can be quite funny watching the players running around the place.

rofl

i wish there wasent this time extension thing and just 20 seconds a shot do what you can.

Postby Wildey

looking at mark today and remembering the 2007 version he doesent look the same player.

williams 1-0 with a 105 break

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:come on to feck Jimmy, this is cringeworthy

jimmy looking mad here he needs to calm down

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:cant see a shootout frame in this match

i can see Jimmy pulling a gun ou and shooting himself though :mood:

yes it was dyre stuff wasent it plenty of chance for 1-1

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I'm surprised the frames haven't gone quicker given the bucket pockets.

its panick out there