Hendry
Higgins
O'Sullivan
Williams
and Selby

will not be in that 1 in Poland

Re: PTC 5 to 9 Entry Lists.

Postby Witz78

yeh i just noticed Ronnie hadnt entered that one and was thinking the same thing about him.

even more surprised to see Hendry not there tho given his even more precarious position.

maybe Germany there convinced him not to waste him time entering.

fair to say hes resigned to dropping out of the elite now then, even you must accept that Wild.

surprising and dissapointing to see some of the other big names not giving this event a go though in a new country.

so 85 pros plus the 5 amateurs seeded = 90 so 38 qualifying places for the amateurs here is better

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:yeh i just noticed Ronnie hadnt entered that one and was thinking the same thing about him.

even more surprised to see Hendry not there tho given his even more precarious position.

fair to say hes resigned to dropping out of the elite now then, even you must accept that Wild.

surprising and dissapointing to see some of the other big names not giving this event a go though in a new country.

so 85 pros plus the 5 amateurs seeded = 90 so 38 qualifying places for the amateurs here is better

no there will be a further 6 amataurs seeded through to the last 128 making it 85 pros +11 Amataurs and 32 Qualifiers.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Stephen Hendry has totally screwed up <doh> <doh> <doh>

hes not entered PTC 6 the final PTC Before ranking cut off point

Only 85 pros entered that event in poland

Hendry
Higgins
O'Sullivan
Williams
and Selby

Pretty shocking list of names not entering. (And Ronnie, who isn't a surprise in the least.) That's a lot of top players missing.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yeh i just noticed Ronnie hadnt entered that one and was thinking the same thing about him.

no there will be a further 6 amataurs seeded through to the last 128 making it 85 pros +11 Amataurs and 32 Qualifiers.

WHY <doh>

whats the point in seeding 6 guys straight thru and making the rest play 2 or 3 games.

im convinced these WS muppets dont know how to work a draw unless its a set number like 16, 32 , 64 etc <doh> uesless muppets

Postby Witz78

Im sure the International Playboi will pull out when he realises its Poland and not Pole Dancing.

Infact if it was Pole Dancing hed be more than likely to pull out :limp:

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Stephen Hendry has totally cute little kittened up <doh> <doh> <doh>

Hendry
Higgins
O'Sullivan
Williams
and Selby

Pretty shocking list of names not entering. (And Ronnie, who isn't a surprise in the least.) That's a lot of top players missing.

Is Trump going?

Postby Witz78

PTC 6

85 pros + 5 amateurs in top 64 = 90 players

77 amateurs less these 5 = 72

round 1 - 34 games + 4 players recieve byes = 38 thru to last 128, simple

if they let 6 guys get byes to last 128 then there gonna need a couple of players having to play 2 qualifying rounds which is just stupid.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Stephen Hendry has totally cute little kittened up <doh> <doh> <doh>

Hendry
Higgins
O'Sullivan
Williams
and Selby

Ding isn't there neither. Both Ding and Ronnie play in Premier League in Doncaster on the Thursday, so if they are not sure to be able to make it to Warsaw in time, supposing they could be meant to play on the Friday, it's only logical and honest towards the fans that they don't enter. Selby, Higgins and Williams have no reason other than their own choice for not going.

Postby Witz78

in instances like this Monique surely the PL players should play on the Saturday half of the draw even if that means the draw is slightly fixed to an extent.

Interesting to see if the other players in PL action other than Ding and Ronnie make it to Poland though.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:in instances like this Monique surely the PL players should play on the Saturday half of the draw even if that means the draw is slightly fixed to an extent.

Interesting to see if the other players in PL action other than Ding and Ronnie make it to Poland though.

Indeed, we will see if Stevens and Carter make it there and when they are meant to play.

Postby Roland

Carter doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to travelling either so I wouldn't have him down as a dead cert to play in Poland. I'm pleased Selby is taking some time off, especially as he's one who has chosen to support snooker and play Brazil

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Carter doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to travelling either so I wouldn't have him down as a dead cert to play in Poland. I'm pleased Selby is taking some time off, especially as he's one who has chosen to support snooker and play Brazil

Selby said from the start of this season that he would probably not play in all of the PTCs, not wanting to suffer burn out. He actually felt tired by the end of the previous season. I think it's a perfectly reasonable decision; it's a long season and as a pro it's up to him to manage it for the best of his results.
Ronnie and Ding not entering seems reasonable also if they are not sure to be able to actually make it because they play in the PL just before. It's better not to enter at all rather than give the fans and organisers hopes and expectations, only to disappoint them.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:Carter doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to travelling either so I wouldn't have him down as a dead cert to play in Poland. I'm pleased Selby is taking some time off, especially as he's one who has chosen to support snooker and play Brazil

Selby said from the start of this season that he would probably not play in all of the PTCs, not wanting to suffer burn out. He actually felt tired by the end of the previous season. I think it's a perfectly reasonable decision; it's a long season and as a pro it's up to him to manage it for the best of his results.
Ronnie and Ding not entering seems reasonable also if they are not sure to be able to actually make it because they play in the PL just before. It's better not to enter at all rather than give the fans and organisers hopes and expectations, only to disappoint them.

if Ronnie gets knocked out first round in Shanghai then hell be cursing not having PTC6 to enter before the rankings cut off to try and save his place in the UK and invite to the Masters :roll:

Postby Wildey

i don't think we can criticise players for not playing in all of them but ffs this is poland last year a EPTC Pulled out because top players wasn't going or was that just bull so that players like jimmy could play power snooker ?

how the hell is snooker going to spread in to new territory's if top players tell them to take a hike.

regarding PL i don't blame Ronnie or players involved that night to pull out however its a dangerous game for snookers long term future.

Postby randam05

Hmm im not complaining :-) I like watching these lower ranks a lot of the time! Its on tv too!

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Hmm im not complaining :-) I like watching these lower ranks a lot of the time! Its on tv too!

yes i dont mind for me ill watch any player playing but you talking about a country that dont get to see much top players and they still wont see many top players <laugh>

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:Hmm im not complaining :-) I like watching these lower ranks a lot of the time! Its on tv too!

yes i dont mind for me ill watch any player playing but you talking about a country that dont get to see much top players and they still wont see many top players <laugh>

Oh yeah of course. Thats the first thing that came to mind really. I suppose that is quite a shame. Whos the highest ranked playing there then?

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Oh yeah of course. Thats the first thing that came to mind really. I suppose that is quite a shame. Whos the highest ranked playing there then?

Neil Robertson,Shaun Murphy,Ali Carter,Stephen Maguire,Judd Trump and Graeme Dott.

who knows some of theme might be no shows by the time its played Judd might prefere to stay home and watch The Teletubbies <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SHOCK HORROR

someone on TSF did a head count on non Entrants of the 5 PTC

PTC 6
Allen, Burnett, Ding, Doherty, Figueiredo, Haneveer, Hendry, Higgins, McCulloch, Meara, O'Sullivan,
Selby, J White, Williams :shock: :shock:

Postby Wildey

The Others

PTC5
Figueiredo, Haneveer

PTC7
Bedford, Ding, Figueiredo, Haneveer

PTC8
Ding, Figueiredo, Haneveer

PTC9
Allen, Ding, Figueiredo, Meara

Ding only entering PTC 5.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:SHOCK HORROR

PTC 6
Allen, Burnett, Ding, Doherty, Figueiredo, Haneveer, Hendry, Higgins, McCulloch, Meara, O'Sullivan,

Jimmy in PL action the night before?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:SHOCK HORROR

PTC 6

Jimmy in PL action the night before?

NO Semi-finals: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens, Ding Junhui v Ali Carter.

with so many including jimmy missing from here its a bit strange TBH why so many chose that to not go

Postby Witz78

hmm strange from Jimmy, he normally plays all the events, espec as he needs ranking points plus hes in with a shout of top 24 on the PTC if he ups his game a bit

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:hmm strange from Jimmy, he normally plays all the events, espec as he needs ranking points plus hes in with a shout of top 24 on the PTC if he ups his game a bit

just wandering if theres some promotional work happening :chin:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:hmm strange from Jimmy, he normally plays all the events, espec as he needs ranking points plus hes in with a shout of top 24 on the PTC if he ups his game a bit

maybe Jimmy, Ronnie, Ding, Selby, Williams, Higgins, Hendry and Allen are playing Power Snooker that weekend :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

maybe Jimmy, Ronnie, Ding, Selby, Williams, Higgins, Hendry and Allen are playing Power Snooker that weekend :hatoff:

omfg :irk: