Topic locked

PTC Finals Table

Postby Wildey

The Players Currently in possitions to get in to the PTC Grand Finals in March are.

After PTC 4

1 Ronnie O'Sullivan ----
2 Mark Selby up 14
3 Judd Trump down 1
4 Ben Woollaston down 1
5 Graeme Dott down 1
6 Mark Davis up 14
7 Ding Junhui down 1
8 Joe Perry down 3
-------------------------------------------------------
9 Xiao Guodong down 2
10 Fergal O'Brien ----
11 Joe Jogia down 3
12 Neil Robertson up 12
13 Jamie Jones down 1
14 Stephen Lee ----
15 Marcus Campbell down 6
16 Anthony McGill down 5
17 Yu Delu up 7
18 Barry Hawkins down 5
19 Passakorn Suwannawat new entry
20 Ken Doherty up 1
21 John Higgins up 3
22 Stephen Maguire down 7
23 Matthew Selt new entry
24 Andrew Higginson new entry
24 Liam Highfield down 7
24 Adam Duffy new entry

Re: PTC Finals Table

Postby Witz78

nicking my thread.

even i wouldnt waste my time with stats on whether theyve went up or down in the table, totally pointless haha

their points would be better to give an idea of how clear they are of the 25th place and you coulda also have listed some of the big names out of the top 24 the now and their points totals.

just saying though,,,,,,,,

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:nicking my thread.

even i wouldnt waste my time with stats on whether theyve went up or down in the table, totally pointless haha

their points would be better to give an idea of how clear they are of the 25th place and you coulda also have listed some of the big names out of the top 24 the now and their points totals.

just saying though,,,,,,,,

WELL DONT :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

It's like the top 40... "Coming in at number 19 this week, Passakorn Suwannawat."

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It's like the top 40... "Coming in at number 19 this week, Passakorn Suwannawat."

yes used to love top of the pops as a kid this is my homage to Top of The Pops <laugh>

Postby Steve K

It is clear to see that there will atleast be bigger audiences for this years PTC grand finals due to the fact that Ronnie, Judd and Ding are pretty much comfirmed, plus a good chance for Doherty (for Irish fans), Robertson and Higgins to be there also, can only help ticket sales.

Postby Witz78

Steve K wrote:It is clear to see that there will atleast be bigger audiences for this years PTC grand finals due to the fact that Ronnie, Judd and Ding are pretty much comfirmed, plus a good chance for Doherty (for Irish fans), Robertson and Higgins to be there also, can only help ticket sales.

Rumours the PTC Finals are actually going to be in Germany ive heard plus its never been confirmed to be in Ireland again plus Eire are getting one of the PTCs, number 12 i think.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Steve K wrote:It is clear to see that there will atleast be bigger audiences for this years PTC grand finals due to the fact that Ronnie, Judd and Ding are pretty much comfirmed, plus a good chance for Doherty (for Irish fans), Robertson and Higgins to be there also, can only help ticket sales.

Rumours the PTC Finals are actually going to be in Germany ive heard plus its never been confirmed to be in Ireland again plus Eire are getting one of the PTCs, number 12 i think.

yup the PTC Finals are not Ireland Bound just because it was there last year and rightly so the PTC Finals should be moving around even come over to these shores sometime.

taking up the point from the other Thread regarding Less PTC....i think its very important for the Game that they aren't Phased our completely but there is no real point if other events can be organized of Playing PTC in Boxes in Sheffield.

There should Always be PTC Played in Gloucester every Season its a ideal Venue for all concerned then Go over to Europe even put on another 1 or 2 PTC at venues in Britain.

Possibly 8 PTC is the Best way we have to be careful regarding Cutting it more than that i know Amateurs are having Financial Worries but the Last Thing they want is Less opportunities to play against Top Players.

Postby Casey

How do you know the finals won't be in Ireland?

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:How do you know the finals won't be in Ireland?

we dont really know but its not set in stone it could well be in ireland.

Postby beergitte

I really enjoy following the PTC's, but I think they should get rid of the ones at the Academy in Sheffield, possibly just having them at SWSA instead. The good thing about the Gloucester PTC's is that you can actually see there's an audience, sometimes you can even hear them applauding, which I imagine must be really good for the atmospere there. And it's good preparation for when the amateurs turn pro, that they have actually experienced what it's like having a real audience and (for the lucky few who get on a tv table) working around the cameras.

I hope we get more PTC's in mainland Europe. I even heard snookerbacker suggesting having one in Denmark. I think World Snooker should listen to him. I for one would be there for the whole thing :D

Postby Witz78

for the real TOTP effect you shoulda listed the top 40 plus the likes of Ronnie should have had "non-mover" beside them

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:I really enjoy following the PTC's, but I think they should get rid of the ones at the Academy in Sheffield, possibly just having them at SWSA instead. The good thing about the Gloucester PTC's is that you can actually see there's an audience, sometimes you can even hear them applauding, which I imagine must be really good for the atmospere there. And it's good preparation for when the amateurs turn pro, that they have actually experienced what it's like having a real audience and (for the lucky few who get on a tv table) working around the cameras.

I hope we get more PTC's in mainland Europe. I even heard snookerbacker suggesting having one in Denmark. I think World Snooker should listen to him. I for one would be there for the whole thing :D

the Sheffield academy was always going to be a stop gap because the building was there payed for lets use it to give players something to do but Barry Hearn wanted it like a hole in the head and even less wanted to play tournaments there.

Postby Steve K

Had a thought about this the other day. It would be nice to see a PTC in Scotland as now apart from the Scottish professional thing and premier league they have no snooker there any more. Im sure it would be well attended as the grand prix usually was. Shame theres not like a "Scottish Snooker Academy" or similiar up there.

Postby Roland

What would the people in Scotland rather see - a PTC in Scotland or a Premier League night?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What would the people in Scotland rather see - a PTC in Scotland or a Premier League night?

well i know what the people of furth would rather see and i agree with this post TBH

Anonymous said...

@wild 3:07

Have to admit. Here in Germany (and Europe,e.g Warsaw, Antwerp...) we don't have too many opportunities to
watch all the players. I mean it is great to have a full ranking event like the German Masters in February. But at the venue in Furth just on Friday I had Higgins, Hendry, Selby, Ebdon, Trump, Lee, Cope, Walden, Fu, White,... topped by Ronnie's 147.
Where else can you get Easter and X-mas within one day?
Would not change a thing about the Paul-Hunter-Classics.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:What would the people in Scotland rather see - a PTC in Scotland or a Premier League night?

PTC of course, a total no brainer <ok>

And on Steves point about a Scottish Snooker Academy, well yeh in an ideal world there would be one (but i aint won the lottery yet :sad: ) however there aint one in Germany and the likes yet they worked well, so theres plenty of large public buildings in Glasgow (best location) where a PTC could be accomodated easy enough.

It would actually attract more fans than a normal ranker i think given fans could walk about between matches, see so many more players.

I think thats actually a reason the World Open was a success in Glasg0w last year for those attending and a lot watching (though the inevitable pursits unwilling to adapt to change dissed it though theyd prejudged it beforehand anyway :grrr: <doh> ) due to the quick roll on roll off format similar to the PTCs

Postby snooky147

Part of the reason for there being nothing in Scotland, whether it be events or any progress on an Academy is the constant in fighting that goes on at every level, from junior to senior. I witnessed this crap for many years as Graeme progressed through the ranks, indeed I could write a book on it and from what I hear much of it still goes on.
I would dearly love to see a PTC or a Ranker in Scotland, preferably Glasgow but if they do have one it will have to be far better publicised than the last disgraceful attempt, not the World Open, the one before that.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Part of the reason for there being nothing in Scotland, whether it be events or any progress on an Academy is the constant in fighting that goes on at every level, from junior to senior. I witnessed this crap for many years as Graeme progressed through the ranks, indeed I could write a book on it and from what I hear much of it still goes on.
I would dearly love to see a PTC or a Ranker in Scotland, preferably Glasgow but if they do have one it will have to be far better publicised than the last disgraceful attempt, not the World Open, the one before that.

what is it with snooker and in fighting...

its the most bizare thing ..ive known about the scotland troubles for years but for the life of me i still dont know what the problam is.

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:Part of the reason for there being nothing in Scotland, whether it be events or any progress on an Academy is the constant in fighting that goes on at every level, from junior to senior. I witnessed this crap for many years as Graeme progressed through the ranks, indeed I could write a book on it and from what I hear much of it still goes on.

the 2009 Grand Prix in the Kelvin Hall haha dont get me started.

what a joke that was, i remember getting a taxi into the West End with a mate and the taxi driver once we explained we were heading to the snooker, was clearly a fan of the sport, but hed had no idea the event was on and said he hadnt heard anyone talking about it.

and the Kelvin Hall had nothing for the fans, no bar facilities (we resorted to going to the P*ki shop along the road and filling coke bottles with vodka to take back in with us ) and the only food was out of date crisps from a machine. Total joke.

the SECC is far better in terms of facilities, parking etc, though at least they didnt play the World Open in the hall that they had done a few years back when them damn helicopters made a racket

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

its the most bizare thing ..ive known about the scotland troubles for years but for the life of me i still dont know what the problam is.

yeh it seems to be rife within the Scottish snooker scene, infact ive heard its that bad that the Scottish snooker fans dont even support the Scottish players........... :john:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

yeh it seems to be rife within the Scottish snooker scene, infact ive heard its that bad that the Scottish snooker fans dont even support the Scottish players........... :john:

no thats just you rofl

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:Witz, you don't like any Scottish players, or is it just Higgins?

on a scale of 0-10 this is how much i like all of the following Scottish players.

Hendry - 0/10, never liked him, found him dull, dour, boring, robotic plus as a Jimmy fan he ruined the first half of the 90s

McManus - 5/10 - quite liked him when he emerged but he was always a nearly man, a big fan of his commentary skills now

Higgins - MINUS 10/10 - never liked him, found him smug, he was a idiot to me in a club, guilty as sin parakeet the final nail

Small - 2/10 - found him dull and boring tho had sympathy for him when his back got sore

Dott -3/10 - initially hated him cos of his squeaky voice and style, slowly warming to him cos of his never say die attitude but not exactly a fan

Maguire - 6/10 - liked him when he first emerged due to his style of play and swagger but his attitude lately has put me off him

Campbell - 0/10 - dull, fat, boring, typical deadwood as far as im concerned, a snooker non-entity

Burnett - 0/10 - a piece of trash and that was my view before that 2008 game v Maguire

McGill - 8/10 - the boy wonder and ive tipped him for the top for a while. Ants is my kinda player

Postby beergitte

Glad to see you at least like Ants.
I like what I've seen of him so far as well.
But hating Dott for his voice? Give the poor man a break, and you won't even hear it during a match anyway.

Postby Wildey

and he likes the most boring robotic player thats ever played the game by miles Steve Davis.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:and he likes the most boring robotic player thats ever played the game by miles Steve Davis.

Great player :hatoff: rubbish pundit :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:and he likes the most boring robotic player thats ever played the game by miles Steve Davis.

but he typifies 10x over everything Witz dont like in other players.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

but he typifies 10x over everything Witz dont like in other players.

I'm not sure people would agree with me here, but I always felt that Davis was actually jealous of Hendry's achievements?

Up to a few years ago, Davis and Everton were by far and a way my favourite contributors on the BBC, but while Everton maintains that position, Davis has plummeted and been replaced by Neal Foulds. Why the BBC persist with muppets like Virgo and Taylor ahead of Everton and Foulds defies all logic.