Post a reply

Hendry chases top 8

Postby SnookerFan

Seven-time world champion Stephen Hendry has no intention of hanging up his cue and insists he is determined to climb the world rankings again.

Hendry, who last won the world title in 1999 and the British Open in 2004, is currently ranked 15th.

He had hinted at retirement in April but reached a decision over the summer after speaking to his wife.

"We both decided 'what else am I going to do', so we decided I give it another go," he said.

Speaking at an event near Glasgow to raise funds for junior players, Hendry said: "This season is important in terms of keeping my rankings and trying to go up. My target is to be back in the top eight."

However, Hendry isn't so keen on playing in some of the smaller tournaments and says the game now takes up almost 12 months a year.

That is fine for younger players he believes, but harder for those nearer the end of their career with families and other interests.

But he says he still has a big appetite for the game.

"I still love going and playing in big arenas against top players," he revealed.

"I don't enjoy practice as much as I used to but I love playing in front of packed houses.

"We go to Shanghai next week and there will be huge crowds, so if you don't get a buzz out of that it's time to stop.

"I'd love to get back competing again. I haven't even been in a semi-final for a good few years; it's just getting back and getting the confidence back, and, if I do, I have a chance."

Re: Hendry chases top 8

Postby Witz78

He hasnt a hope in hell of the top 8

hes about 12,000 points off it at the moment plus hes bucketloads of points still to lose this season. If he stays in the top 16 ill be really surprised but the top 8 isnt realistic at all.

Plus on the one hand he says he still has a big appetite for the game and wants to get back up the rankings BUT then he admits he cant be fussed practicing these days . he cant really be hassled playing the PTCs or playing all year round. His attitude is still not 100% and he wont suceed with this half hearted attitude.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:He hasnt a hope in hell of the top 8

hes about 12,000 points off it at the moment plus hes bucketloads of points still to lose this season. If he stays in the top 16 ill be really surprised but the top 8 isnt realistic at all.

Plus on the one hand he says he still has a big appetite for the game and wants to get back up the rankings BUT then he admits he cant be fussed practicing these days . he cant really be hassled playing the PTCs or playing all year round. His attitude is still not 100% and he wont suceed with this half hearted attitude.

hes top 8 in brazil so :fart:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:He hasnt a hope in hell of the top 8

hes top 8 in brazil so :fart:

<doh>

He's top one in an empty room, about as meaningful. :roll: