Post a reply

Re: Solution to Hendrys woes.....

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:BAD NEWS........ :shock:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23340413/

SOLUTION.........? He has signed up with Snooker Legends, http://snookerlegends.co.uk/ is this a way to bring in some extra cash since he accepts his top earning days are over, or is it because he fears his days of playing at venues are almost over and this will be his only way to play in a non-cubical environment?

hes only agreed to some dates and i guess beating players thats worst than him on a regular basis is one way to build up confidence.

Postby SnookerFan

Poor bastard. Sad to hear that.

Still, as Witz says, he'll be able to reap the money back from Legends of Snooker. What with raffles, auctions, VIP tickets they squeeze every last pound they can out of that tour, so he should be on for a winner. It doesn't necessarily spell total retirement from Hendry. But with his umming and ahhing at The Crucible this year, and his taking up of commentary duty, you can tell he's thinking about it the last year or two.

Postby Witz78

surprised Davis hasnt joined up to the tour properly,

no offence to the likes of Dennis and Cliff but there not exactly that great these days though i guess people go for nostalgia reasons moreso than to see top drawer snooker, plus it might lose its entertainment value if too many decent serious players take part.

On saying that, Hendrys personality doesnt exactly seem suited to the atmosphere at Legends events, cant see him joking with the crowd after bad misses, more likely to storm back to his chair with a face like thunder. Id find that entertaining mind you.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:surprised Davis hasnt joined up to the tour properly,

no offence to the likes of Dennis and Cliff but there not exactly that great these days though i guess people go for nostalgia reasons moreso than to see top drawer snooker, plus it might lose its entertainment value if too many decent serious players take part.

On saying that, Hendrys personality doesnt exactly seem suited to the atmosphere at Legends events, cant see him joking with the crowd after bad misses, more likely to storm back to his chair with a face like thunder. Id find that entertaining mind you.

ffs and jimmy i guess is joke a second white rofl

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:

SOLUTION.........? He has signed up with Snooker Legends, http://snookerlegends.co.uk/ is this a way to bring in some extra cash since he accepts his top earning days are over, or is it because he fears his days of playing at venues are almost over and this will be his only way to play in a non-cubical environment?

hes only agreed to some dates and i guess beating players thats worst than him on a regular basis is one way to build up confidence.

legends events don't count as match practice

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:

i know lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:

i know lol

Damn, poor old Hendry only signed up for these cos he thought there was ranking points available <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:ffs and jimmy i guess is joke a second white rofl

He fits in quite well. With the jokes that Parrot and Taylor make (and Thorburn tries to make) you need somebody who is going to try and make a century every time he plays a frame. Besides, he does enter the spirit of it well, to be fair. It's a lot more informal.

Witz is right though, you do wonder how well Hendry will fit in. And I had the same objection with Ronnie being at the legends events. It should be about banter, even if play is somewhat low. I'd really rather see that, then one of the best players in the world put a hurting on some old geezers.

The concern is that Hendry may just about fall into that category. Depends on whether this is a retirement thing or not. Lets be honest, his days at the top are just about the come to an end.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:ffs and jimmy i guess is joke a second white rofl

He fits in quite well. With the jokes that Parrot and Taylor make (and Thorburn tries to make) you need somebody who is going to try and make a century every time he plays a frame. Besides, he does enter the spirit of it well, to be fair. It's a lot more informal.

Witz is right though, you do wonder how well Hendry will fit in. And I had the same objection with Ronnie being at the legends events. It should be about banter, even if play is somewhat low. I'd really rather see that, then one of the best players in the world put a hurting on some old geezers.

The concern is that Hendry may just about fall into that category. Depends on whether this is a retirement thing or not. Lets be honest, his days at the top are just about the come to an end.

yep 3 more PTCs and Shanghai left before his days at the top end. <laugh>

i honestly can see him doing a Doherty / Day / King / Perry when he finally drops out of the top 16 and heading closer towards dropping out of the top 32 than back into the top 16.

UK Champs - 3040
Welsh Open - 1900
China Open - 3500
World Champs - 3800

these are the points he has to lose as the season progresses too

to put things in perspective, Ronnie aside, all his other rivals in the rankings have around 5000-9000 points to lose compared to his 12,240 so the clock is truly ticking. 1 or 2 wins at PTCs and last 32 wins are no longer enough to halt the slide.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:surprised Davis hasnt joined up to the tour properly,

ffs and jimmy i guess is joke a second white rofl

nah its Taylor who does the joke with the second white on the table :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
nah its Taylor who does the joke with the second white on the table :chuckle:

And Virgo with the trick shot joke with the balls superglued together. <ok>

Postby Wildey

sounds to me they need something different you guys knows what they going to say <laugh>

Postby Witz78

i think Drago should play more of the events to be honest.

Infact my stable of Legends if i was in charge would be this......

Jimmy
Drago
Davis
Knowles
Meo
Kirk Stevens
Thorne
Silvino

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:haha yeh the Virgo one was good though id seen it before so didnt get reeled in like most of the folk there haha

rofl

Three times I've seen him do that gag.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:sounds to me they need something different you guys knows what they going to say <laugh>

I went to an Alex Higgins vs Jimmy White exhibition the year before they started doing these Snooker Legends things, and Virgo compared. He did the same trick shots and impression routines even then.

To be fair, he needs to come up with something fresh. rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

Hendry's worried about cash flow? If it were Jimmy we were talking about I'd understand but I'm pretty sure Mr Hendry is sitting on a huge pile of cash...
Let's see if he enters the Seniors...

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Hendry's worried about cash flow? If it were Jimmy we were talking about I'd understand but I'm pretty sure Mr Hendry is sitting on a huge pile of cash...

i bet he will only do the scottish ones

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Hendry's worried about cash flow? If it were Jimmy we were talking about I'd understand but I'm pretty sure Mr Hendry is sitting on a huge pile of cash...

Lucky Witz. :-(

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

:mood:

i will only do the English ones then :D

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

:mood:

i will only do the English ones then :D

rofl

I wouldn't mind Hendry coming to a venue near me for Snooker Legends. Want to swap homes?

Postby Casey

Hendry will be looking to start up a new Company, Witz is in the market for a job....perfect match up if you ask me :D

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Hendry will be looking to start up a new Company, Witz is in the market for a job....perfect match up if you ask me :D

They're both Scottish. Hendry could open a local branch.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
Casey wrote:Hendry will be looking to start up a new Company, Witz is in the market for a job....perfect match up if you ask me :D

Witz could get him coffee :-)

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

yeh coffee laced with poison :dinner:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

yeh coffee laced with poison :dinner:

You'll never pass the interview like that.