Post a reply

Re: Quiten Hann doing scientific stuff

Postby Witz78

seen it years ago but it just shows what a character he is and he comes across as a likeable guy so the injustice of a ban dealt to him has just robbed snooker of a talent.

i sincerely hope he returns in 2014 if for no other reason than just to cause some controversy and snake hiss off the authorities

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:seen it years ago but it just shows what a character he is and he comes across as a likeable guy so the injustice of a ban dealt to him has just robbed snooker of a talent.

i sincerely hope he returns in 2014 if for no other reason than just to cause some controversy and snake hiss off the authorities

I haven't watched it properly yet. Some guy at work told me that he saw an 'unknown snooker player' on Sky One's Science Abuse the other day, so I googled it. Not had it off silence yet.

I must confess I find people who go out of their way to cause controversy somewhat tiresome. I'd rather see somebody show us his skills, which Quinten had plenty of. Not interested in seeing people trying to snake hiss other people off. :zzz:

But just my opinion. He got people talking. It's what we need in snooker, to be honest. Characters. Especially ones who divide opinion. If everybody was a robot or a clone of each other the sport would be dire.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:for me Hann was one of the top 3 snooker characters/personalities in the 2000's along with Ronnie and Ebdon

He was a character. And despite thinking the guy was a pin end, I will concede it's probably better to have players that split opinion then somebody who it is impossible to like nor dislike due to have no personality.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

what was he banned for. :chin:

i'll always remember him slamming into em from the break off. <laugh>

i sometimes did that down the snooker club.

but i knew me opponent weren't gonna come in and clear up on me. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:what was he banned for. :chin:

i'll always remember him slamming into em from the break off. <laugh>

i sometimes did that down the snooker club.

but i knew me opponent weren't gonna come in and clear up on me. <laugh>

eh he was banned for the same as Higgins ( a tabloid hidden camera match fixing sting but like Higgins he didnt actually throw any frames or matches) yet he somehow got a ban SIXTEEN times as long as Higgins did <doh> fucken joke, laughable :grrr:

ive done " a Hann" a few times in matches when im losing the plot, actually potted 3 reds off a Hann break off once and from memory made a 38 break before my opponent even got to the table that frame, so not the worst tactic in the world :chuckle:

Postby gallantrabbit

Just in snooker terms though he wouldn't make any impression anymore. For one I don't see him prepared to scrap through Q school or PTC and even if he was, he wouldn't be good enough. If he's making money playing pool and doing 'whatever else he always did' he'll carry on with that I'm sure.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Just in snooker terms though he wouldn't make any impression anymore. For one I don't see him prepared to scrap through Q school or PTC and even if he was, he wouldn't be good enough. If he's making money playing pool and doing 'whatever else he always did' he'll carry on with that I'm sure.

Yeah, I get that impression. That he'll tell them to stick their snooker up their jacksie.

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:Not sure Mr Hearn will give him the opportunity...

when his ban is up he can come back if he wants, what can Hearn do about it?

Anyway Hearn let Higgins come back so double standards if he didnt let Hann come back

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

Anyway Hearn let Higgins come back so double standards if he didnt let Hann come back

I wonder if he will come back. Being that he told World Snooker to buck off once accused.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I wonder if he will come back. Being that he told World Snooker to buck off once accused.

Alex said far worse to World Snooker in 1990 and he still came back <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Alex said far worse to World Snooker in 1990 and he still came back <ok>

Yeah, but he was so snake hissed when he said most of it, he forgot what he was angry about in the first place. rofl