Topic locked

PTC 4 (The Paul Hunter Classic) !!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 25th~Sunday 28th of August in Fürth, Germany

Amateur Qualifying Rounds will take place on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th of August with Main Draw Starting Friday 26th of August

The Paul Hunter Classic is the most Prestigious of all The PTC Events with History stretching Back to 2004 when it was Called the Grand Prix Furth and won on that occasion by Paul Hunter himself beating his Great Friend Matthew Stevens in the Final.

it was renamed the Paul Hunter Classic following the sad death of Paul and going from Strength to Strength as part of the Player Tour Championship with Judd Trump defending The Title after his 4-3 win over Anthony Hamilton Last Year.

MAIN DRAW

QUALIFYING FORMAT OF PLAY
MAIN DRAW FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

LIVE STREAMING (Please Note as This is Covered byEurosportt Live Streaming as i understand it Will Not be Available via World Snooker for viewers in Europe)

PREDICTION CONTEST

Re: PTC 4 (The Paul Hunter Classic) !!

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:fromsport for them

FREE

yes but as a paying customer to maintain the ongoing service of Live Streaming i will not Feel Guilty by loging on to fromsport :spot on: :evilgrin: ;-)

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

FREE

yes but as a paying customer to maintain the ongoing service of Live Streaming i will not Feel Guilty by loging on to fromsport :spot on: :evilgrin: ;-)

what is guilt :wave: :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

FREE

aussies dont feel it you lot steal with a smile on ur face :-)

only joking do not take it serious ;-)

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

FREE

aussies dont feel it you lot steal with a smile on ur face :-)

only joking do not take it serious ;-)

would i :hatoff: ;-)

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:Will Ronnie show up? Is he due to play on the Friday or Saturday?

if it involves going on a plan no chance

his bad back will flare up ;-)

Postby Wildey

Ronnie is due to play 12pm our time on Friday

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

bad back gone

<doh>

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:

In he doesn't go to Germany he won't go to Shanghai.

Postby Witz78

youd think theyd give the guys who are in the Premier League on Thursday night a Saturday slot even if it is a slight bit of draw fixing.

Im convinced the draws are fixed anyway to be honest, there hardly exactly done in the public gaze are they.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:youd think theyd give the guys who are in the Premier League on Thursday night a Saturday slot even if it is a slight bit of draw fixing.

Im convinced the draws are fixed anyway to be honest, there hardly exactly done in the public gaze are they.

just an excuse :wave:

if their interested in snooker they should adapt to any schedule

:chuckle: :spot on: :?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:youd think theyd give the guys who are in the Premier League on Thursday night a Saturday slot even if it is a slight bit of draw fixing.

theres no PL This week ....

Postby SnookerFan

Looks like it's quite selective with it's live showings on Eurosport this week. Though it'd be nice to given the choice when you watch it, the PTCs are probably something more aimed at dipping in and out of.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Looks like it's quite selective with it's live showings on Eurosport this week. Though it'd be nice to given the choice when you watch it, the PTCs are probably something more aimed at dipping in and out of.

it was unrealistic to expect them to cover it all you are talking from 9am until 10pm + on friday and Saturday however its coverage not at all great but if its on eurosport there will be streams it will be on eurosport player all day and for viewers outside europe on liveworldsnooker

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Looks like it's quite selective with it's live showings on Eurosport this week. Though it'd be nice to given the choice when you watch it, the PTCs are probably something more aimed at dipping in and out of.

it was unrealistic to expect them to cover it all you are talking from 9am until 10pm + on friday and Saturday however its coverage not at all great but if its on eurosport there will be streams it will be on eurosport player all day and for viewers outside europe on liveworldsnooker

Well I'm at work all day, and I might be busy all day Saturday. Viewing of this tournament might be a bit minimal for me sadly. Only a PTC mind, but I'd have no objection to sitting down all day Sunday watching.

I'd rather them provide good coverage of the Shanghai Masters though. :bowdown:

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Fürth, Germany :chin:

Will Monique be present?

Yes. I'm traveling to Fürth on Wednesday. Leaving home before 6 am... Should be there early afternoon.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

Will Monique be present?

Yes. I'm traveling to Fürth on Wednesday. Leaving home before 6 am... Should be there early afternoon.

when does it actually start the calender said Wednesday 24th and the order of play it starts Thursday with some matches played in a club.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

Will Monique be present?

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Would you like to swap jobs?

Postby beergitte

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:

Will Monique be present?

when does it actually start the calender said Wednesday 24th and the order of play it starts Thursday with some matches played in a club.

The players pack says August 25th - 28th.

Postby Roland

Ben is travelling down with Stephen Lee driving from Tuesday night. That should be fun for him - at least Lee has a few days to recover whereas Ben will be playing 9am on Thursday.

Postby Wildey

pros not entering this event are Stephen Maguire,Jamie burnett,Andy Hicks and of course the ever absent Igor Figuiredo.

and Bjorn Haneveer having also pulled out injured.

PTC 3 Winner Ben Woollaston opened up on Saturday 1pm BST against Liam Highfield.

Postby Monique

Initially, that's when I booked my hotel, it was supposed to start on the Wednesday late afternoon. Now they have moved some amateur matches to Nuremberg and it starts on the Thursday morning. Positive: I'll be able to have a bit of rest before it starts. Negative: I can't be in two places so I'll miss all the action in Nuremberg.
I'm expecting hectic times as there will be 3 competitions running in parallel: the main event, a plate competition for Mainland Europe amateurs and another plate competition for the UK amateurs.
KISS ... or so they say. :hmmm:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:pros not entering this event are Stephen Maguire,Jamie burnett,Andy Hicks and of course the ever absent Igor Figuiredo.

PTC 3 Winner Ben Woollaston opened up on Saturday 1pm BST against Liam Highfield.

And Ronnie, once he decides which part of his body to pretend is injured this time.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Initially, that's when I booked my hotel, it was supposed to start on the Wednesday late afternoon. Now they have moved some amateur matches to Nuremberg and it starts on the Thursday morning. Positive: I'll be able to have a bit of rest before it starts. Negative: I can't be in two places so I'll miss all the action in Nuremberg.
I'm expecting hectic times as there will be 3 competitions running in parallel: the main event, a plate competition for Mainland Europe amateurs and another plate competition for the UK amateurs.
KISS ... or so they say. :hmmm:

ill tell you what when it comes to organising a event this is a nightmare........if theres mistakes done here they have my sympathy i bet players are just as confused lol

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:pros not entering this event are Stephen Maguire,Jamie burnett,Andy Hicks and of course the ever absent Igor Figuiredo.

And Ronnie, once he decides which part of his body to pretend is injured this time.

im pretty confident Ronnie will be there