Post a reply

Amateur tournaments at PTC events

Postby roy142857

(hope this is the best place to post rather than in the PTC section or German Masters section)

I was interested to see this in the letter relating to the PTC draw and arrangements

"Due to the high volume of UK based amateurs that are excluded from the separate amateur German Masters Wildcard tournament, Dragonstars have decided to run a separate tournament for these players. The prize for this event will be a VIP package for 2 to the German Masters in Berlin. The package will include two return flights from the UK and a twin/double accommodation in the event hotel ... the German Masters 2012 Wildcard competition will only be accessible to non UK European based amateur players"

Firstly, seems generous of them

:hatoff:

and means players presumably won't now just get one match in Fürth if they lose in the PTC. Shame the prizes for this and for the continental amateurs competition don't also include fee for next years Q School too (ok, possibly asking too much now!)

Secondly, does anyone know any more about this and how it will be organised (and will we be able to find out results!)

And third, does anyone know how many places are up for grabs for the continental amateurs in the German Masters (I assume that's what that competition is about ...)
Last edited by roy142857 on 10 Aug 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Amateur tournaments at PTC4

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:(hope this is the best place to post rather than in the PTC section or German Masters section)

I was interested to see this in the letter relating to the PTC draw and arrangements

"Due to the high volume of UK based amateurs that are excluded from the separate amateur German Masters Wildcard tournament, Dragonstars have decided to run a separate tournament for these players. The prize for this event will be a VIP package for 2 to the German Masters in Berlin. The package will include two return flights from the UK and a twin/double accommodation in the event hotel ... the German Masters 2012 Wildcard competition will only be accessible to non UK European based amateur players"

and means players presumably won't now just get one match in Fürth if they lose in the PTC. Shame the prizes for this and for the continental amateurs competition don't also include fee for next years Q School too (ok, possibly asking too much now!)

Secondly, does anyone know any more about this and how it will be organised (and will we be able to find out results!)

And third, does anyone know how many places are up for grabs for the continental amateurs in the German Masters (I assume that's what that competition is about ...)

Last season there was 7 Wild Cards for the German masters and A WSA Wildcard = Daniel Wells

it just shows how different only 2 extra tables can make that they got time to run 2 other events along side the main comp.

Re: Amateur tournaments at PTC4

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
roy142857 wrote:(hope this is the best place to post rather than in the PTC section or German Masters section)

Last season there was 7 Wild Cards for the German masters and A WSA Wildcard = Daniel Wells

it just shows how different only 2 extra tables can make that they got time to run 2 other events along side the main comp.

2 extra tables? :shrug:

5-2 = 3 :pm: