Post a reply

Is there needle between Mark Williams and Ken Doherty?

Postby SnookerFan

I meant to post this a week ago, but forgot, and the topic has just come to mind again.

I was watching Mark Williams vs Ken Doherty at the Australian Open last week, and one of the commentators said something like; "I know they've got a great respect for each other on the table. I can't speak for it off the table." Is this just a throwaway comment as he didn't know the facts of what happened backstage, or was he implying their had been some argument or disagreement between the two?

When they kept playing in 2003, I'd only been a fan about a year. (Before that I'd watch occasionally, but it was the odd frame when I found it.) But I don't remember any hostility between the two. But I may have missed something that happened previously.

Is there is something I don't know about? Or am I reading to much into the 'experts' at Eurosport?

Re: Is there needle between Mark Williams and Ken Doherty?

Postby SnookerFan

John From London Town wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Is there needle between Mark Williams and Ken Doherty? = No, there is not.

Well, if anybody on this site would know John, it'd be you. I take it you've spent time with both players.

And got hammered them times as well.

Does that mean you got drunk, or they hammered you when you played against them? :evilgrin:

Re: Is there needle between Mark Williams and Ken Doherty?

Postby John From London Town

SnookerFan wrote:
John From London Town wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Is there needle between Mark Williams and Ken Doherty? = No, there is not.

Well, if anybody on this site would know John, it'd be you. I take it you've spent time with both players.

And got hammered them times as well.

Does that mean you got drunk, or they hammered you when you played against them? :evilgrin:

A bit of both mate.