Post a reply

Snooker clubs in general and Rileys in particular

Postby gallantrabbit

Just got back from a two weeker in the Uk with my family and I had the opportunity to get in a few frames.
Just thought I'd comment on the sprucing up that Rileys has been given, at least at the Victoria venue. Admittedly there isn't so much snooker space, only 5 tables, but business is business, with the rest given over to pub pool, American pool and darts + numerous TV screeens, but the table I played on was running beautifully and the numerous glasses I was drinking out of were actually clean!
I was impressed, long way when most of the Rileys boasted the worst tables, coffee cups you wouldn't give yer mother in law to drink from and annually cleaned beer pipes..
Mind you I know the smoke isn't the cheapest place to do anything in but the base rate is 12 quid unless you do a deal (I got 4 hours for 25 quid) plus the visitors fee.
Nice to see the improvement though and if anyone's interested yes I won 8-2, top break 54, which I was reasonably satisfied with considering my struggle to see to the end of the table width...
Snooker on the up.

Re: Snooker clubs in general and Rileys in particular

Postby Steve K

Played at the Riley's in Woolwich Arsenal (I think) in London a few months back and I wasn't over impressed by the facilities. You had to walk past what looked like a converted factory full of american pool tables to get to the snooker room which housed tables that obviously didn't get a lot of love.

Would like to go to more Riley's in the future though as i'm sure they can't all be like that.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

not played in a few years now.

wanna sort me garage out and get a table in there.

not made me mind up on a pool or snooker table yet.

only be a 6 by 3 size though.

the ultimate would be a full size.

need to start playing the lottery again. :emb:

Postby drlog147

[quote="gallantrabbit Mind you I know the smoke isn't the cheapest place to do anything in but the base rate is 12 quid unless you do a deal (I got 4 hours for 25 quid) plus the visitors fee..[/quote]
how much !!!! and our captain moans about £1.50 an hour at our legion club