Post a reply

Mark Williams

Postby SnookerFan

Yet another final frame loss for Mark Williams, when his opponent was several frames down. He wasn't in the best of moods with the interviewer afterwards. rofl

Stuart Bingham is no John Higgins though. Will this affect Mark this season? How hard will this defeat be to get over?

Re: Mark Williams

Postby Roland

Freak result. Next.

Postby Bourne

Lost to a player in the form of their life, no shame in that. But the manner of the loss will be the sticking point.

Postby Casey

Mark was in 3rd or 4th gear all week. He will be fine when it comes to the big tournaments -

World Open
Uk
Worlds

Postby vodkadiet

Williams is well past his best. He had bad running today, but also played very average.

He won't be at the top for much longer. Age is very unforgiving.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Freak result. Next.

Good to see you're still sticking with your prediction of an easy Mark Williams win. <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:Yet another final frame loss for Mark Williams, when his opponent was several frames down. He wasn't in the best of moods with the interviewer afterwards. rofl

Stuart Bingham is no John Higgins though. Will this affect Mark this season? How hard will this defeat be to get over?

I would say Stuart was in the best form he has been in ever during his career - that wont stop Mark knowing in his own heart of hearts that he should not be losing to players like Stuart - no disrespect to Bingham at all. I've seen the shock winner coming ever since we lost ten seeds in the first round - It is the first season and early days but Mark is developing a nasty habit which can start to make things uncomfortable

Postby Casey

vodkadiet wrote:Williams is well past his best. He had bad running today, but also played very average.

There is nobody there yet to overtake him and Higgins -

Murphy, Selby and Ding are all good players but too inconsistent. Trump in a few years maybe.

Postby vodkadiet

Casey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Williams is well past his best. He had bad running today, but also played very average.

There is nobody there yet to overtake him and Higgins -

Murphy, Selby and Ding are all good players but too inconsistent. Trump in a few years maybe.

These things happen quicker than expected.

Postby KSnooker84

I think Williams just choked at a very crucial time in his game. It happens all the time to athletes, even snooker players. This doesn't mean that Bingham isn't a better player or that Williams is getting too old for the game, as some have said. I'd like to see how the two would perform if the pressure were off.

Everyone in this forum is out looking for Pool tables for sale.
Last edited by KSnooker84 on 26 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

KSnooker84 wrote:I think Williams just choked at a very crucial time in his game. It happens all the time to athletes, even snooker players. This doesn't mean that Bingham isn't a better player or that Williams is getting too old for the game, as some have said. I'd like to see how the two would perform if the pressure were off.

what you mean when the pressure was off ?

down the club you mean lol

Postby Witz78

yeh 35 year old Williams is past it

lets all hail the future of snooker, 35 year old Bingham :irk:

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:

yeh 35 year old Williams is past it

lets all hail the future of snooker, 35 year old Bingham :irk:

The turning point came when Williams dropped his bus pass under the table, and injured his back picking it up. :-D