DISLIKE HIM
7%
HATE HIM
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: BINGHAM - Do you.............?

Postby Wildey

Neutral

i thought he was a player Above your average Journeyman but Journeyman none the less.

Postby Bourne

Don't like him but can't really explain why, he always seems to be just there but never actually did anything until this week.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Don't like him but can't really explain why, he always seems to be just there but never actually did anything until this week.

very similar to trump :john:

bingham is a guy that was winning masters qualifying competitions and all thoes minor events for years he is the type of player that the new Barry Hearn Run tour will suit to the ground he would go to anywhere to play he loved to travel to pro ams for peanuts etc but he never really did nothing in Ranking events like Trump before china now bingham can go to Australia,Germany,PTC for more than peanuts and he loves it.

Postby SnookerFan

I voted neutral. I'm happy to see him got to a final though. Don't see why we are suddenly hating him, just because he's never been in a final before and now he is.

I remember when I first went to The Masters though, first tournament I'd attended that wasn't a local Premier League event, and the first match I saw was Steve Davis vs Stuart Bingham. They started at 11am, and finished about 4:15, and I don't think it even went the distance. Slow, dull match.

I've forgiven him that now though. <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Don't like him but can't really explain why, he always seems to be just there but never actually did anything until this week.

bingham is a guy that was winning masters qualifying competitions and all thoes minor events for years he is the type of player that the new Barry Hearn Run tour will suit to the ground he would go to anywhere to play he loved to travel to pro ams for peanuts etc but he never really did nothing in Ranking events like Trump before china now bingham can go to Australia,Germany,PTC for more than peanuts and he loves it.

<doh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I voted neutral. I'm happy to see him got to a final though. Don't see why we are suddenly hating him, just because he's never been in a final before and now he is.

I remember when I first went to The Masters though, first tournament I'd attended that wasn't a local Premier League event, and the first match I saw was Steve Davis vs Stuart Bingham. They started at 11am, and finished about 4:15, and I don't think it even went the distance. Slow, dull match.

I've forgiven him that now though. <laugh>

Its not that weve all just suddenly startedd hating him, we never did like him, found him dull, boring etc but now hes had a few wins and his profiles rose, its more relevant for us to be vocal about it.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

Trumps 21, Binghams 35, what a stupid comparison :no:

Though i suspect now that Trump has "made it" the new tour set up doesnt really suit him as hes turned workshy and would probably be happy enough with the old 6 rankers.

Postby Casey

Did mark Allen vote in this? ;-)

Bingham isn't afraid to speak his mind, he was slagging off Ronnie a couple of years ago which was funny.

Postby SnookerFan

It'd be funny if Mark Allen lost to Bingham in the next tournament. rofl

I really wanted Bingham to come out and go; "Who lacks bottle now, sweeties?" rofl :win:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 25 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

mark showed his bottle in the biggest stage beating ronnie in a close match at worlds

where as baldy bottled it agianst ding in the biggest stage in last seasons worlds

:wave:

Postby GJ

just added my views on hendons bingham blog article

awaiting moderation at this stage

Postby Roland

1 swallow doesnt make a summer

he chokes 99 % of times today he showed bottle for once

this match is the exception to the rule

the ding match at crucible is the real bingham IMO

:chin:

Postby Alex0paul

I'd hardly say he even bottled the game against Ding to be fair

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:I'd hardly say he even bottled the game against Ding to be fair

come on he had chance after chance he was visibly rushing alot of shots

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:

they should bottle GJ and sell it as laughing gas rofl

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:

they should bottle GJ and sell it as laughing gas rofl

i tell it how i see it

FACT

im not laughing :? :roll:

Postby Witz78

hundred percent agree GJ

hes a bottler and he twice bottled that final frame today, luckily for him muppethead Williams had gave up and was slack.

and yeh the real Bingham was that clown at the Crucible.

lets see how he gets on in the top 16, he wont win a Round 1 game i predict

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:

From 12-9 to 12-11 he played a total of two shots.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm not particularly a fan of Bingham, and wanted Williams to win yesterday. But I find this mass hatred of him a bit ridiculous. Why hate somebody just because he's had limited success in his career? I could understand if he was some Rory McLeod style grinder, but he's not.

He's won one ranking event, and probably won't win another. It's hard to begrudge the guy his moment in the sun. So what if he does feck all else? He's a guy who has devoted his life to a sport, finally got himself a trophy. I find you have to say fair play to the guy, not tourist him off. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I'm not particularly a fan of Bingham, and wanted Williams to win yesterday. But I find this mass hatred of him a bit ridiculous. Why hate somebody just because he's had limited success in his career? I could understand if he was some Rory McLeod style grinder, but he's not.

He's won one ranking event, and probably won't win another. It's hard to begrudge the guy his moment in the sun. So what if he does feck all else? He's a guy who has devoted his life to a sport, finally got himself a trophy. I find you have to say fair play to the guy, not tourist him off. :hatoff:

well said he won fair and square jesus heaven forbid if he wins another this season .....i keep hearing winning tournaments is harder these days Bingham does it and hes slagged off :?

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:

From 12-9 to 12-11 he played a total of two shots.

........and bottled them both :chin: