Topic locked

Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 18th~Sunday 24th of July at the Bendigo Stadium.

The Final and a contrast Experience World No 1 Mark Williams against Stuart Bingham for the inaugural Goldfields Australian Open.

After a week of shock loses the World no 1 has gone through the rubble to play in his 27th Ranking Final looking for his 19th Win or will Stuart Bingham Rubber Stamp the Event as the Shocks Continue to the end ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I'm torn on this. Williams should've converted more semis/final appearances last year into trophies. With only a PTC and the German Masters to show for it. So I'd like to see him win this. But this is Bingham's first final, so you can't complain if he has his moment in the sun.

Postby Wildey

got to be impressed with Bingham ..

losing from a winning position in the World championship to Ding then that cost him a place in the top 16 and he dusted himself off first time of asking reaches the final and will be ranked WN 12 when the rankings are revised on Monday.

he still has to Qualify for shanghai though and the players hes battling with for a qualifying spot in shanghai are Dave Gilbert/Ben Woolaston/Anthony McGill and Tom Ford and a possible last 16 with John Higgins.

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:Hmm, hopefully I'll get up in time for the second session :D

the first session is later tomorrow cant see me up for the start though :-)

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Glad I haven't seen any of this farce of an event, with CHAVVY Bingham making his first, and last ever final.

you have missed a great event then <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Come on STU!

Bingham is such a CHAV, and the worst kind, 'A golfing, Essex Chav'.

When he beat Allen, he tweeted 'A big get in'. Such a CHAVVY thing to write.

Postby PLtheRef

Got to go with Williams, seems to have played solid stuff - reminds me of his run at the Grand Prix/LG Cup in 2003 - I think Stuart will give him a run for his money but I still expect Williams to win 9-5 or 9-6

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:Got to go with Williams, seems to have played solid stuff - reminds me of his run at the Grand Prix/LG Cup in 2003 - I think Stuart will give him a run for his money but I still expect Williams to win 9-5 or 9-6

Those were good times. University, beers, Mark Williams winning everything.

:mex:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Got to go with Williams, seems to have played solid stuff - reminds me of his run at the Grand Prix/LG Cup in 2003 - I think Stuart will give him a run for his money but I still expect Williams to win 9-5 or 9-6

you talk a lot about university....did you learn something there lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

you talk a lot about university....did you learn something there lol

I didn't go to university to learn stuff. rofl

It's just bringing me back a lot of memories. In those days, Mark Williams played Ken Doherty all the time, and boxing was something you could see on terrestrial telly. Twelve hours apart, but both are happening today. :mex:

Postby SnookerFan

Williams is the favourite, and will probably win. You never know in a two horse race, mind. Looking forward to this one though. Bingham isn't going to just show up and lie down. The real question is, how nervous will Bingham be. I would guess more so then Williams.

Either way I'm looking forward to this one. :snooker:

Postby roy142857

SnookerFan wrote:Williams is the favourite, and will probably win. You never know in a two horse race, mind. Looking forward to this one though. Bingham isn't going to just show up and lie down. The real question is, how nervous will Bingham be. I would guess more so then Williams.

Depends how he feels about - most likely, nervous as he's never been in such a big final before. BUT - perhaps he didn't expect to be there, knows he's playing world number 1 in Williams and not expected to win, so could just turn up totally relaxed and ready to enjoy it. Hope it's the latter, could result in a really good match.

:-)

Postby SnookerFan

roy142857 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Williams is the favourite, and will probably win. You never know in a two horse race, mind. Looking forward to this one though. Bingham isn't going to just show up and lie down. The real question is, how nervous will Bingham be. I would guess more so then Williams.

Depends how he feels about - most likely, nervous as he's never been in such a big final before. BUT - perhaps he didn't expect to be there, knows he's playing world number 1 in Williams and not expected to win, so could just turn up totally relaxed and ready to enjoy it. Hope it's the latter, could result in a really good match.

Let's hope it's that way, though I doubt it.

It'd be good to see the World Number1 be 3-0 down to Bingham, to see how he'd act.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
roy142857 wrote:

Let's hope it's that way, though I doubt it.

It'd be good to see the World Number1 be 3-0 down to Bingham, to see how he'd act.

wouldnt make any odds how Williams acted

the fat bad Essex chav would soon start bottling things

Postby Alex0paul

Bingham has been in fantastic form all week but will probably need to play better in the final if he is to beat Williams. They have been by far and away the best two players in the tournament so hopefully its a decent final.

Bingham has a 2-1 winning record in professional finals.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:if it goes close there will only be 1 winner

and it wont be mr no bottle

Thank you mr Northern Ireland or ill just Call you Mark rofl