Post a reply

Members High Break Scoreboard

Postby Roland

Here is a list of Snooker Island members' high breaks. Note - breaks scored when playing on your own do not count, you must have scored the break when playing a real opponent!

1) sickpotter 147 (in a match 144)
2) gallantrabbit 134
3) Maui 101
4) Bourne 98
5) Sonny 97 (in a match 89)
6) Alex0paul 85 (91 if no in-off)
7) case_master wc 68
8) JohnFromLondonTown 65
9) andreiolay212 56
10) eirebilly 53
11) thetubberlad 49
12) Cheesyman, Lucky balls 45
14) rocket_ron 43
15) littlebylittle 41
16) Mantorok 40
17) TheCleaver 32
18) Seifer island hatah 29
19) Monique, WildJONESEYE 25
21) That Cue Arm! 21
Last edited by Roland on 21 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Members High Break Scoreboard

Postby Wildey

2) wild 25

but ive always maintain not the best players makes the best commentator.....Steve Davis need i say more.

Postby Casey

68, I make plenty of 40's. I am good at wee stun and screw shots, but when I have to put a bit of pace on the ball I can't help but some unintentional side on and that’s what holds me back.

Postby Roland

Keep plugging and you'll get your 50. The century is my personal blocker. It's definitely a mental thing because I've had at least 5 breaks in the 90's and about 20 in the 80's and once the way is clear to get to 100 the pressure starts to mount. It's quite ridiculous. Now I've started playing again I'm sure I'll get there and once I get one the rest will follow. (The 97 was a clearance).

Postby Casey

On less the balls sit perfect I am well off a century in match-play, anything awkward that requires pace I just can't strike it well.

Snooker is such a hard game so I am happy enough to make my 30's and 40's and then run for cover. :excited:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Here is a list of Snooker Island members' high breaks. Note - breaks scored when playing on your own do not count, you must have scored the break when playing a real opponent!

1) Sonny 97
2) case_master wc 68
3) tubberlad 49
4) Seifer island hatah 29
5) WildJONESEYE 25

could someone come between me and seifer quick people are starting to talk <laugh>

Postby Lucky

Knocked in a 43 and a 45 and numerous 30+ used to go a couple of times a week with the lads and made steady progress, eventually hit a glass ceiling and couldn't really make the next step. I'm a firm believer that we all have a natural, certain level within us (about a 40 break in my case) which we would need professional input to improve upon. One of the lads who came with us was hitting 50+ breaks in a relitive short space of time (6 months roughly) and another lad was a complete no-hoper who couldn't string 3 balls together after the same time frame!

Postby That Cue Arm!

A solid 21 <laugh> consisting of 4 red's 2 pink's and a blue :) if my memory serves me correctly I got a little cocky with shot selection on the colours and chose to go for a tricky black off the spot instead of a simpler pink <doh> the pro's make it all look to easy <laugh>

Postby Wildey

That Cue Arm! wrote:A solid 21 <laugh> consisting of 4 red's 2 pink's and a blue :) if my memory serves me correctly I got a little cocky with shot selection on the colours and chose to go for a tricky black off the spot instead of a simpler pink <doh> the pro's make it all look to easy <laugh>

please atempt a 26,27 or 28

i want you between me and seifer soon <laugh>

Postby That Cue Arm!

wildJONESEYE wrote:
That Cue Arm! wrote:A solid 21 <laugh> consisting of 4 red's 2 pink's and a blue :) if my memory serves me correctly I got a little cocky with shot selection on the colours and chose to go for a tricky black off the spot instead of a simpler pink <doh> the pro's make it all look to easy <laugh>

ahh Wild.. I'm afraid that break was many a year ago ): after a few frame's now-a-day's I can knock up a few double figure breaks a frame :D something to work on this winter if i can find a playing partner who isn't just in it for the beer <laugh>

Postby Wildey

That Cue Arm! wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

ahh Wild.. I'm afraid that break was many a year ago ): after a few frame's now-a-day's I can knock up a few double figure breaks a frame :D something to work on this winter if i can find a playing partner who isn't just in it for the beer <laugh>

my break came when i was in my mid 20s ive hardly played for the last 10 years due to vandals and a few medical problems.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I'm only back playing again so I'm going to start off & state what my highest break is since I started back.

I hit a 65 last night (Dec 8th) playing for the lights in a best of 5.

Postby Roland

You can have 65 if you want but we all know that's cheating and it's really probably more than double that.

Sonny wrote:You can have 65 if you want but we all know that's cheating and it's really probably more than double that.

Cheating? :huh:

I've looked at your guidelines but I've only included the 65 as I'm only counting playing for money / table lights etc.... I'm going to be playing League Snooker from January, playing more tournaments, so I'll only count breaks which mean something if you get my drift, match's you play in where frame balls & match balls mean something. <ok>

Postby Roland

Fair enough. But if you're an ex-pro then you must have made centuries in competition? My highest break in an official event (a local league) is 89 and I've got the trophy to prove it!

Sonny wrote:Fair enough. But if you're an ex-pro then you must have made centuries in competition? My highest break in an official event (a local league) is 89 and I've got the trophy to prove it!

Of course I've made tons aplenty, but that was 14 years ago. I'm only back playing again which is why I want to start from scratch, so to speak, which is the H'cap I've been given in the club I'm now playing in.

Postby Alex0paul

I have had an 85 before. Would have been 91 but I went in off when potting the last pink.

Postby Roland

Gutted! I've mentioned it in the table because you did pot the next ball :santa:

Maybe my 97 wouldn't have been that if it wasn't a clearance because I didn't have the nerves on the colours I would have done had there been a century on the cards. I've missed plenty of sitters when in the 80's and 90's due to this. In fact, the 89 I got in a league match I missed the last red which was literally unmissable - hanging over the green pocket about 2 inches from the top cushion and 3 inches from the side, and the white was between green and brown with all colours on the spots. How I missed it I'll never know because I wasn't even feeling nervous <doh>

Postby Roland

We have a new leader :santa:

Still waiting for the first century break maker. Actually that's a lie, sickpotter is a member but he's not posted in this thread yet.

Postby Eirebilly

My highest break in matchplay is 41, constantly out of position as all my pots were full ball contact. I must aslo say that the balls were also open and i didnt have to create and reds :-)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:98

dont say you bottled the ball for the ton ?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:We have a new leader :santa:

Still waiting for the first century break maker. Actually that's a lie, sickpotter is a member but he's not posted in this thread yet.

its beneath him being on a high break list with me <laugh>