Topic locked

Australian Goldfields Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 18th~Sunday 24th of July at the Bendigo Stadium.

With 2 Last 16 Matches already being played today sees the Last 16 Matches being completed.

There's been a Lot of Upsets with only 6 Top 16 players making the Last 16 with Stephen Hendry out at the Last 16 stage.

Theres a opportunity for someone to come out of nowhere and Claim a Major Victory or The Likes of Mark Allen at Last win a Ranking Event.

But there are 4 Proven Winners Still Left Mark Williams,Mark Selby,Shaun Murphy or Australia's Own Neil Robertson and are the players most likely to win......WHO KNOWS ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 21st of July

4am

David Gilbert v Mark Williams TV Match
Marcus Campbell v Mark Allen

followed by

Mark Selby v Mark Davis TV Match
Tom Ford v Stuart Bingham

Not before 10.30am

Neil Robertson v Dominic Dale TV Match
Liang Wenbo v Ken Doherty

Postby SnookerFan

I'm beginning to take your point Witz, there are some :zzz: matches there. rofl

Neil Robertson vs Dale could be a good one, as could Liang vs Ken-Do. Actually, the way Mark Davis played, it could be a good match against Selby. If Selby don't slow it down. (Sonny :wave: )

The rest are a bit faff though. At least Mark Williams and Mark Allen are still in it though. :wav:

Postby Wildey

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Selby played well, did he?

No but when any player in any sport comes from behind like that and wins it gives them a big boost.

Selby played with passion he wants this badly ...

Davis though played as well as anyone in beating Trump so Selby will have to up his game drastically.

Postby Tubberlad

I haven't been watching any snooker at all of late, how has this tournament been received? I think I'd like to see Robertson win it, he took a lot of flack last season which I felt was thoroughly undeserved, he's a brilliant player and a bad season doesn't change that. A win on home soil would be nice.

Also, how was the World Cup?

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:I haven't been watching any snooker at all of late, how has this tournament been received? I think I'd like to see Robertson win it, he took a lot of flack last season which I felt was thoroughly undeserved, he's a brilliant player and a bad season doesn't change that. A win on home soil would be nice.

The World Cup was very popular with posters on here, though personally I didn't take to it. At the venue, it was different. There were bugger all people there.

From what I've seen here there's a small crowd, but at least there is a crowd. Unlike at the World Cup.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I haven't been watching any snooker at all of late, how has this tournament been received? I think I'd like to see Robertson win it, he took a lot of flack last season which I felt was thoroughly undeserved, he's a brilliant player and a bad season doesn't change that. A win on home soil would be nice.

to say theres been a few surprises is a understatement but Davis more than deserved his win over Trump but by all acounts Selt is lucky to be in the quarters he was 4-1 down to Higgins and Higgins Folded is the only Word and Hendry played badly apparently.

Robbo played Well not seen Murphy play but hes coasted through to the Quarters .

Williams and Selby played badly today but got the job done.

Standard of play not been the highest TBH but it looks to have beep perceived well and im sure will get stronger by the Final.

World Cup attendances was rubbish but i enjoyed the different event but it needs tweaking i feel.

Postby Tubberlad

That's good to hear. A bit annoyed to hear Sullivan pulled out because by the way things appear to be panning out, he would have been bang in contention. Higgins has been his bogey man over the last few years, and considering he's out, well, who knows really. I only heard about a fortnight ago that Sullivan won the first PTC, well if that's the case, a good run here could have kept some momentum going but right now it's hard to think anything other than that momentum has been killed off.

Anyway, only his loss, I'm sure the tournament won't suffer because of this, it ain't anything new now. Here's hoping Robertson can do the business...

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:That's good to hear. A bit annoyed to hear Sullivan pulled out because by the way things appear to be panning out, he would have been bang in contention. Higgins has been his bogey man over the last few years, and considering he's out, well, who knows really. I only heard about a fortnight ago that Sullivan won the first PTC, well if that's the case, a good run here could have kept some momentum going but right now it's hard to think anything other than that momentum has been killed off.

Anyway, only his loss, I'm sure the tournament won't suffer because of this, it ain't anything new now. Here's hoping Robertson can do the business...

its a wasted opportunity for so many..

This Tournament could be the Savior of Wenbo.

Postby Tubberlad

Is Wenbo still in it? God, I'd love to see him do well. He was always a bit raw, and a bit lacking in street smarts, but at the same time he was very good at what he did best: attacking. I'm not sure how he's fallen so badly over the last while, but I hope he picks up again. He's ranking event winning material if he gets his act together.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:Is Wenbo still in it? God, I'd love to see him do well. He was always a bit raw, and a bit lacking in street smarts, but at the same time he was very good at what he did best: attacking. I'm not sure how he's fallen so badly over the last while, but I hope he picks up again. He's ranking event winning material if he gets his act together.

playing Ken Doherty and ken had a go at him last week for being dickie bow less <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote::roll: I read that it the paper. Our boys did rubbish anyway, Pakistan even got revenge on us for the Cricket.

rofl

so it was a bit of a turn up that ken beat Mags this morning

Postby GJ

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

SELTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

good luck robbo

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Good luck Judd <ok>

with your short flight to Ibiza ...

hell prob land in Ibiza then see all the noisy nightclubs and women parading about half naked, and panic and jump on the next plane home then Tweeting that hes "glad to be home" :limp:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

hell prob land in Ibiza then see all the noisy nightclubs and women parading about half naked, and panic and jump on the next plane home then Tweeting that hes "glad to be home" :limp:

:chuckle: Any idea what the record ranking losing streak is ? Might be something to aspire to this season for Judd :john:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

:chuckle: Any idea what the record ranking losing streak is ? Might be something to aspire to this season for Judd :john:

the round 2 king will never have that record anyway

:chuckle: <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

well hes on 3 and counting

Higgins in on 2 <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

YOUR BACK :happy: :happy: :happy: