Post a reply

New Roll-Over Maximum Break Prize

Postby randam05

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 04,00.html

New Roll-Over Maximum Break Prize19th July 2011

World Snooker has introduced a new roll-over maximum break prize for ranking events.

A £5,000 prize will be available for a televised 147 made in the final stages of all major ranking events. If a 147 is not made in an event, the prize will roll over to the next televised ranking event and will continue to accumulate until it is won.

Should more than one player achieve a 147 during a single event, the prize will be shared equally between the players.

This new system comes into operation immediately at this week's Australian Goldfields Open.

There will be an additional £500 for all Players Tour Championship events and non-televised matches in major ranking events should a maximum break be achieved and similar rules will apply as above.

WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson said: "It is well acknowledged that a 147 is always a special moment in our sport. A lot of players felt that the prize should be reinstated and I'm pleased that we have been able to acheive this. It's a new and exciting system for the 147 prize and could make things very interesting if it rolls over for five or six tournaments."

Not as good as the old system, but its something new and it means the 147 prize is back, which has got to be good! It could be very exciting if no one makes one until the world championship. Im pleased its back in some kind :win: what do you think?

Re: New Roll-Over Maximum Break Prize

Postby Wildey

i think its a good idea and better it could mean in 3 years making a 147 in the Welsh or Australia would be worth £100,000

Postby SnookerFan

:zzz:

This is an issue that they make far too much of. I couldn't really give a monkeys how much they get paid for making a 147, I'm not the players accountant.

If you ever watch that classic 147s thing on Interactive, are you really say there going; "Hmmm, I wonder how much money he got for making this?" <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote::zzz:

This is an issue that they make far too much of. I couldn't really give a monkeys how much they get paid for making a 147, I'm not the players accountant.

If you ever watch that classic 147s thing on Interactive, are you really say there going; "Hmmm, I wonder how much money he got for making this?" <doh>

no me TBH but rolling money is something different

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote::zzz:

no me TBH but rolling money is something different

I guess. I suppose it might be interesting to see how much money a player makes for a 147. Like you say, they could get a fortune for making one in the World Open, then a fraction of it in a major.

I don't think this would happen if it hadn't have been for Ronnie's arsing about last season though.

Postby Witz78

at least with the cash incentive it means the players will chase 147s early on instead of securing the frames.

i didnt see anything about the prize increasinf by 5k per event though, i saw it starting at 5k but are yous sure its def gonna be 5k extra each event it rolls over

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:at least with the cash incentive it means the players will chase 147s early on instead of securing the frames.

i didnt see anything about the prize increasinf by 5k per event though, i saw it starting at 5k but are yous sure its def gonna be 5k extra each event it rolls over

who the hell cares if they chase them or not <doh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:at least with the cash incentive it means the players will chase 147s early on instead of securing the frames.

the more they chase them the more likely there is to be a 147

if thats your attitude then you obviously dont give a rubbish if theres a 147 anytime, regardless of whether its 2 bob or 100 grand for making it <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

if thats your attitude then you obviously dont give a rubbish if theres a 147 anytime, regardless of whether its 2 bob or 100 grand for making it <doh>

no i dont care snooker is about winning frames if a 147 comes along great but dont do it for the cash do it because its on...

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

no i dont care snooker is about winning frames if a 147 comes along great but dont do it for the cash do it because its on...

well i think youll find a lot of the 147s at the Crucible wouldnt have happened if it hadnt been for that 147,000 prize, a lot of the players took risks early on to stay on the black

Postby Wildey

if it was in operation since last season
Ronnie would have got £10,000
Stephen Hendry Would have Got £15,000
Kurt Maflin £500
Barry Hawkins £1,000
Mark Williams £1,500
Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon £1,500
Rory McLeod £1,500

and this weeks pot would be £15,000 and PTC 2 £1,000

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:if it was in operation since last season
Ronnie would have got £10,000
Stephen Hendry Would have Got £15,000
Kurt Maflin £500
Barry Hawkins £1,000
Mark Williams £1,500
Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon £1,500
Rory McLeod £1,500

and this weeks pot would be £15,000 and PTC 2 £1,000

now what we really need is a like for like comparison of what all these guys actually got paid for their 147s :john:

you know you want to :D

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
now what we really need is a like for like comparison of what all these guys actually got paid for their 147s :john:

oh put a sock in it you ole misery guts <doh>

its a valid comparison as it will actually tell us whether the WPSBA will pay out more money using a rolling 147 prize than what they would normally

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Can anyone claim a prize for coming up with the idea? Wasn't it someone on here's idea?

Dave Hendon was the first i saw with that idea.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Can anyone claim a prize for coming up with the idea? Wasn't it someone on here's idea?

that swine would claim the credit for putting the stars in the sky if he thought his disciples on SSB would fall for it <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

that swine would claim the credit for putting the stars in the sky if he thought his disciples on SSB would fall for it <doh>

hes not claiming it im saying where and by who i first saw that idea :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

its a valid comparison as it will actually tell us whether the WPSBA will pay out more money using a rolling 147 prize than what they would normally

You've got very grumpy lately. Is this the effect of your new healthy lifestyle?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

You've got very grumpy lately. Is this the effect of your new healthy lifestyle?

nah it must be having to deal with Moniques ramblings on Twitter lately thats sent me over the edge :D

Postby hitman_ronnie1

come on hearn ya tight bottom. :chin:

147k at the majors should be the prize.

when a player does it, it means guaranteed column inches for the sport.

5k is relative chump change these days.

although i can't see it changing mark williams attitude on em if it was 247k. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

interesting

A £5,000 prize will be available for a televised 147 made in the final stages of all major ranking events. If a 147 is not made in an event, the prize will roll over to the next televised ranking event and will continue to accumulate until it is won.

There will be an additional £500 for all Players Tour Championship events and non-televised matches in major ranking events should a maximum break be achieved and similar rules will apply as above.

today Liang Wenbo almost made a maximum break but it was not a Televised match in a Major Ranking event so does that mean he would have got the £500 and not the £5,000 ??

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:interesting

today Liang Wenbo almost made a maximum break but it was not a Televised match in a Major Ranking event so does that mean he would have got the £500 and not the £5,000 ??

yes it wasnt televised so it would have been had luck for the clown :baby:

Postby Witz78

surely any match at the venue is classed as televised whether its shown on tv or not

after all plenty of high break prizes at the UK have been won by players in the cubicles :limp: