Topic locked

Re: PTT-EGAT World Cup Discussion !!!!

Postby Casey

Good break from Allen to make it 3-2. China have been really good in the doubles so its a big ask but at 3-0 down they looked out of it.

Postby vodkadiet

Casey wrote:Yea an 80+ break in doubles at this stage is some going

Ulseter didn't win a doubles in the knock out stages. It cost them in the end.

Postby Roland

If they didn't it's because they spent far too long discussing the shots. Ding and Liang just got on with it and were good to watch.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:If they didn't it's because they spent far too long discussing the shots. Ding and Liang just on with it and were good to watch.

YES

you would think as right/left combo China would need more Conference but N I did make it hard for themselves by thinking to much.

Postby Roland

It should've been 4-1 as well if Liang wasn't so daring in his shot choices. Break of 55, a bit straight on the blue but reds bunched, decided to go for the tough pink to spread the reds. Wrong shot choice tactically but it shows the nature of the man and why he's so good to watch. Here's hoping this marks the start of the resurgence of Liang Wenbo.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It should've been 4-1 as well if Liang wasn't so daring in his shot choices. Break of 55, a bit straight on the blue but reds bunched, decided to go for the tough pink to spread the reds. Wrong shot choice tactically but it shows the nature of the man and why he's so good to watch. Here's hoping this marks the start of the resurgence of Liang Wenbo.

in the wuxi classic he looked awful but this week he kept up with Ding and played his part.

Postby Roland

It was something like this. Break of 55 in a World Cup final needing the frame to lift the title what would you do?

I don't know exactly how straight he was on the blue but he didn't have enough angle to go direct into the reds so he would've been able to either play one cushion or two cushions into the pack depending on angle and concentrate on hitting the blue to centre pocket with lots of top. The shot he played was to go for pink and into the reds sending them everywhere but he missed the pink by several inches and left Allen perfect for the counter.

If he goes for blue it's a dead cert pot and if you don't get lucky with the split then you play safe. The pace of the white isn't going to send the reds everywhere but you could poke one out. The pink is bound to reap rewards if you get it but the added pressure of knowing the blue is easier and you're going to leave a dangerous opponent like Mark Allen with the balls at his mercy if you miss made it a very high risk shot.

Postby Wildey

if i was playing and no hope of getting on a red off the blue there's only 2 option take the pink like he did or put the white near the balk cush and let Allen open the reds from the toughest possible position without being snookered.

Postby Roland

That's another way but when you're actually there on 55 and there's an easy colour with a slight chance of getting on a red you take it. Take the 5 points first before thinking about safety is how I'd play it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's another way but when you're actually there on 55 and there's an easy colour with a slight chance of getting on a red you take it. Take the 5 points first before thinking about safety is how I'd play it.

thats how id play lol

i said about the pink in a way but id definitely play on the negative side i don't think the blue would be the negative shot but my way would be.

the right shot would be play the blue and play a attacking safety shot off the pack if there wasent a red on especially leading 55-0..

Postby Roland

Thing is, you know why Liang played the pink because that's the first thing you'd look at. That's the shot you WANT to go for every single time!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Thing is, you know why Liang played the pink because that's the first thing you'd look at. That's the shot you WANT to go for every single time!

Yes you cant really call it the wrong shot but it was all or nothing if there was a colour or red safe then there was insurance......it just shows Liang mindset is for the attacking option but you have to get them or you will lose matches which he has been doing same as Hendry really..will not compromise his belief in how he plays.

Postby GJ

ding doubtful for aussie open due to a back injury

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:ding doubtful for aussie open due to a back injury

Did he get on the same plane as Ronald?

Postby PLtheRef

FINAL TABLE

62 PLTHEREF

59 DRLOG
58 RANDAM (Leads KK 4-3 on Days countback)
58 KINGKAUTO
55 SUNDAYGIRL (Leads Wild 4-3 on Days countback)
55 WILD
52 ODRL
49 PORRIDGE
48 MARKSELBYNO1FAN
46 SNOOKERFAN
43 JADECHELSEA
43 ALEXOPAUL
42 ROCKETRON

Thanks for competing

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:FINAL TABLE

62 PLTHEREF

59 DRLOG
58 RANDAM (Leads KK 4-3 on Days countback)
58 KINGKAUTO
55 SUNDAYGIRL (Leads Wild 4-3 on Days countback)
55 WILD
52 ODRL
49 PORRIDGE
48 MARKSELBYNO1FAN
46 SNOOKERFAN
43 JADECHELSEA
43 ALEXOPAUL
42 ROCKETRON

Thanks for competing

Thanks for Competing translated Thanks for being my cannon fodder rofl rofl

Seriously well played Mate <ok>

Ps i dont mind SundayGirl being on top of me ;-) <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Fix!

the amount of TD that wins the contests is getting in to dangerous territory <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:Fix!

How can it be I've run contests for three and a half years and this is the first snooker contest I've ever won. That said comparing it to the Darts Predo contest I won makes things awkward.

Anyway with whats going on at the moment (personally wise) the contests give me something to do to take my mind off of things, - and I guess, winning it is a pleasant bonus