Post a reply

Re: The Kacper Filipiak Bandwagon Thread

Postby Wildey

its 2 early to say what he will do its not just about talent ability its about traveling being away from home so long as well as can he actually stay on tour this season but he is the real deal no doubt about it very mature game for his age.

Postby SnookerFan

YEAH! COME ON! FUTURE WORLD CHAMPION!!! I WANT TO MARRY HIM AND HAVE HIS KIDS!!! :bowdown:

rofl

No, I didn't see him. But by the sound of it, he is doing well. Really want to watch him play now.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:YEAH! COME ON! FUTURE WORLD CHAMPION!!! I WANT TO MARRY HIM AND HAVE HIS KIDS!!! :bowdown:

rofl

No, I didn't see him. But by the sound of it, he is doing well. Really want to watch him play now.

Welcome to the bandwagon :mosh2: I have found my qualifier to root for like a madman this season in Judd's absence :D

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:YEAH! COME ON! FUTURE WORLD CHAMPION!!! I WANT TO MARRY HIM AND HAVE HIS KIDS!!! :bowdown:

rofl

Welcome to the bandwagon :mosh2: I have found my qualifier to root for like a madman this season in Judd's absence :D

so hes the new trump.....

something tells me ill be fed up of him by the time hes 21 <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

rofl

so hes the new trump.....

something tells me ill be fed up of him by the time hes 21 <laugh>

yeh like your that fed up with Trump that hes been your avatar for the last 3 months.

just like with Trump, eventually youll realise your wrong yet again, and that me and Bourne have once again teamed up to successfully pinpoint the new world order in snooker. :win: :hatoff: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

ill tell you what we need to campaign at WS Regarding the rankings and starter points we cant afford to lose this kid through poor rankings starter points.

god im turning i do see the point you make.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:ill tell you what we need to campaign at WS Regarding the rankings and starter points we cant afford to lose this kid through poor rankings starter points.

nobody gets nothing handed to them on a plate

these intercoursing kids should have to earn there place on the tour, win the games simples

:john: :gag:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:ill tell you what we need to campaign at WS Regarding the rankings and starter points we cant afford to lose this kid through poor rankings starter points.

these intercoursing kids should have to earn there place on the tour, win the games simples

but i was looking at it from last season as you say this term they got points equality to no 80 ranked player.

thats to low to give them a chance they will have to get close to the top 16 one year list to get in.

Postby Wildey

Sarah Mount wrote::happy: Wahey! Go on Kacper!!!

got a good prospect there sarah <ok>

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:This guy is the real deal, 15 and he won a frame against Higgins :bow:

Hes on a par with Brecel i feel and these 2 wonderkids have my full support :hatoff:

I'm sure that they will treasure the fact that they have your full support rofl
But seriously guy's, it's a bit early to be praising them too much. In a one frame situation any of us who have played
to a half decent level could take a frame off a top 16 player so it's really no big deal. Both Brecel and him
have solid futures in the game I am sure but let's not make them the best thing since sliced bread just yet.
A little perspective please.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

but i was looking at it from last season as you say this term they got points equality to no 80 ranked player.

thats to low to give them a chance they will have to get close to the top 16 one year list to get in.

TOP 48 on the one year list to have a chance by my reckoning

48+80 = 128/2 seasons = 64th ?

a joke tho, they should start with points just under what the 64th guy got last season then in theory if they finish within the top 64 on this seasons 1 year list then they should stay on the tour fair and square.

Im almost thinking there should be a clause that anyone new on tour who finishes inside the top 64 on the 2011-12 one year list should def stay on the tour as what more can they do really.

to even make the last 64 of a tournament they have to win 2 qualifiers for starters these guys so its a mountain to climb.

plus half of the newcomers are losing in the last 96 every time cos these guys are playing each other.

a far fairer way has to be chucking in all qualifiers at the first round similar to the PTC level playing field set up.

and the stupid higher minimum points per event for guys higher up the rankings is a joke too that has to stop. If we forget about PTCs for a minute, if a tour newcomer was to win every 1st qualifying round this season yet hed still end up with 8% less ranking points than a top 16 player whod lost every last 32 game hed played at venues.

So instantly the odds of a tour newcomer getting high up the one year list are almost impossible.

And should a newcomer win his first qualifying round matches in every event then hed only end up with 12% more points than a top 32 player who lost in the last 48 of every event this season.

Id be inclined to do away with minimum points per event completely. If you dont win, you dont get any points, simple as that. That would be an instant way to see people rise and fall up and down the rankings far quicker and would help truly reflect form better.

Postby Bourne

snooky147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:This guy is the real deal, 15 and he won a frame against Higgins :bow:

Hes on a par with Brecel i feel and these 2 wonderkids have my full support :hatoff:

I'm sure that they will treasure the fact that they have your full support rofl
But seriously guy's, it's a bit early to be praising them too much. In a one frame situation any of us who have played
to a half decent level could take a frame off a top 16 player so it's really no big deal. Both Brecel and him
have solid futures in the game I am sure but let's not make them the best thing since sliced bread just yet.
A little perspective please.

I like his demeanour round the table though, looks a cool customer and beating Higgins and Maguire at this age bodes well for his levels of confidence and mettle as he comes through the ranks, we need players who don't fold whenever they play at TV stages, we need players who flourish and I think he'll be one :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

what i like about Kasper are his narcissistic qualities. He just doesnt give a damn what others think. Hes arrogance personified and his opponents will have no chance in hell once he digs it sucka, so what you gonna do when KasperMania runs wild on you, and thats the bottom line cos Witz and Bourne said so Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:what i like about Kasper are his narcissistic qualities. He just doesnt give a damn what others think. Hes arrogance personified and his opponents will have no chance in hell once he digs it sucka, so what you gonna do when KasperMania runs wild on you, and thats the bottom line cos Witz and Bourne said so Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

QAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:what i like about Kasper are his narcissistic qualities. He just doesnt give a damn what others think. Hes arrogance personified and his opponents will have no chance in hell once he digs it sucka, so what you gonna do when KasperMania runs wild on you, and thats the bottom line cos Witz and Bourne said so Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

and a prize is on its way to the first person to name all the wrestlers personas referenced in that post ;-)

Postby weewelshwitch

Wild wrote:its 2 early to say what he will do its not just about talent ability its about traveling being away from home so long as well as can he actually stay on tour this season but he is the real deal no doubt about it very mature game for his age.

Kacper is just so zoned into his snooker that I doubt he'd notice if he was living in Warsaw, Gloucester or Planet zog.

As long as there are big green tables for him to practice on he's happy.

He's done some great "bonding" with Dominic who he practices with a lot, and he hangs on Dominic's every word. I've even seen Dom make him laugh!

His dad is doing cartwheels all round the house and academy this week. He is one seriously proud Dad at the moment!

Postby Wildey

weewelshwitch wrote:
Wild wrote:its 2 early to say what he will do its not just about talent ability its about traveling being away from home so long as well as can he actually stay on tour this season but he is the real deal no doubt about it very mature game for his age.

Kacper is just so zoned into his snooker that I doubt he'd notice if he was living in Warsaw, Gloucester or Planet zog.

He's done some great "bonding" with Dominic who he practices with a lot, and he hangs on Dominic's every word. I've even seen Dom make him laugh!

His dad is doing cartwheels all round the house and academy this week. He is one seriously proud Dad at the moment!

good to know and TBH when i wrote that i had forgotten he was based with you guys at Gloucester which makes a difference than being solo on tour.

his dad should be very proud i am slightly concerned now that new tour players this season got starter points equating to WN 80 as appose to last season WN 73 or 74 which saw Lisowski,McGill and Jamie Jones get in the top 64 this season that looks harder to do witz is right.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
weewelshwitch wrote:

good to know and TBH when i wrote that i had forgotten he was based with you guys at Gloucester which makes a difference than being solo on tour.

his dad should be very proud i am slightly concerned now that new tour players this season got starter points equating to WN 80 as appose to last season WN 73 or 74 which saw Lisowski,McGill and Jamie Jones get in the top 64 this season that looks harder to do witz is right.

Kasper and Dale :love:

moving swiftly on, yeh only them 3 plus Burden last year made it into then top 64 (4/24 newcomers so a 16% chance) when the starting points were fairer plus theyd 20 ranking events in 10-11 compared to 6 in 09-10.

This year as well as the unfair starting points, its a like for like tour to last seasons almost, ranking wise, so its not like the newcomers will benefit from having way more events to play in than the previous season.

Im seriously struggling to see how any more than 2 newcomers will break into the top 64 come the end of the season.

Plus the PTC guys staying on tour, even if theyve had a mare in other ranker is slightly flawed too i feel, as in the past when it was the one year list, then the 8 who survived on tour by that method, usually had a good base to build on the following season, but this year we have the likes of Figerido and Davison who are up against it, in Igors case too far up against it to even fancy giving it a shot this season.

I think for the pros something along these lines would work better.

firstly the Top 8 on the one year list outwith the top 64 stay on tour

then after this

implement a PTC top 8 outwith the top 64 AND one year list rule, so a mix of pros and amateurs get on. Probably around half of these 8 will be pros and the other amateurs. At least this way if we assume 2 pros make it into the top 64, then with 8 on one year list and 4 heres, then thats 12/35 outwith the top 64 surviving on tour.