Post a reply

New Five Year Eurosport Deal

Postby Wildey

From Snooker Scene Magazine

Main Points

This Season Eurosport will Screen 19 Tournaments. All Ranking Events and the Masters, also Coverage of the Wuxi Classic,World Cup and of the new Brazilian Masters in September.

Also Eurosport will Broadcast the 6 EPTC Events played on the Continent.

BUT

Viewers in the UK on British Eurosport will no Longer be able to watch the World Championship,UK Championship,The Masters or The Welsh Open apart from on The BBC.

Re: New Five Year Eurosport Deal

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:So only viewers in Wales can now watch the Welsh Open on TV ?

anyone with Sky can, just go to channel 966 for BBC Wales :john:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

anyone with Sky can, just go to channel 966 for BBC Wales :john:

Ah yeh :limp: :gramp:

Postby Wildey

well with sky digital i can watch BBC Scotland,BBC England and BBC Northern Ireland so Digital viewers can access Wales from there i guess don't know about other platforms.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:At least we've always got the ever-reliable live-scoring for back up :john:

and fromsport dont forget about that ;-)

Postby porridge

Fantastic news.

So Eurosport will not do the Gloucester PTCs? Not that it matters too much, though.

I've often wondered why British Eurosport wasn't blocked before with BBC tournaments. Seemed quite silly from BBC's point of view.

Postby Wildey

just remember one thing thats Eurosport only.

again in snooker scene magazine

apparently there is another Long term contract with Perform on the verge of being signed for Live streaming on the internet on the model of the championship league for Just about every World Snooker Tournament.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:The world championships just aint going to be the same again without Angles commentary.......

he might get a bbc gig lol

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:just remember one thing thats Eurosport only.

apparently there is another Long term contract with Perform on the verge of being signed for Live streaming on the internet on the model of the championship league for Just about every World Snooker Tournament.

ABOUT FACKING TIME :D

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:just remember one thing thats Eurosport only.

ABOUT FACKING TIME :D

lets hope Perform actually Perform then :chuckle:

what odds that Lee Doyle is involved with Perform, then once he wins the rights to screen PTCs, qualifying events etc, he will choose not to again though <doh>

Postby randam05

Just read about this in snookerscene and was going to post it up. Very interesting.

So 19 tournaments eh!? Im definitley gonna watch all 19, but I cant really think of 19 that would be televsied unless they are doing PTCS?

Postby randam05

I can count 14 proper tournaments that would be televised. So they must be screening PTCS I guess?

Postby SnookerFan

I got Virgin. I think I can watch BBC Wales on that. Used to just go Eurosport.

They whack some of it on the BBC website though, innit?

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:I can count 14 proper tournaments that would be televised. So they must be screening PTCS I guess?

9 Rankers
6 PTC
PTC Finals
Masters
Brazilian Masters
Wuxi Classic
World Cup

i make it 20

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:I can count 14 proper tournaments that would be televised. So they must be screening PTCS I guess?

9 Rankers
6 PTC
PTC Finals
Masters
Brazilian Masters
Wuxi Classic
World Cup

i make it 20

So they are actually screening PTC's? confirmation?

Postby Roland

So from what I've picked up from scan reading that means the option to switch to HD and listen to the likes of Joe Johnson has been cruelly taken away?

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:

9 Rankers
6 PTC
PTC Finals
Masters
Brazilian Masters
Wuxi Classic
World Cup

i make it 20

it sais in snooker scene magazine that all 6 PTC in Europe starting with the Paul Hunter Classic is covered on Eurosport.

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:

9 Rankers
6 PTC
PTC Finals
Masters
Brazilian Masters
Wuxi Classic
World Cup

i make it 20

it sais in snooker scene magazine that all 6 PTC in Europe starting with the Paul Hunter Classic is covered on Eurosport.

oh I scanned through it but my word that is incredible! I am so looking forward to this years televised season :-) Can people believe this is true? it was only a few months back people were moaning that there was no online streaming!!

Postby N_Castle07

This is amazing, thank you Eurosport.

And surprisingly am I right in saying it was Sir Roders who started snooker’s broadcasting on Eurosport?

Postby Witz78

N_Castle07 wrote:This is amazing, thank you Eurosport.

And surprisingly am I right in saying it was Sir Roders who started snooker’s broadcasting on Eurosport?

sssssshhhhhttttt dont give them muppet any credit for anything :gag:

Postby Wildey

too much credit is given for that .....it was a common sense option but instead of building on eurosport success with some events in europe there was nothing there for Europeans from World Snooker....

for all the cockerel up that happened it was Pat Mooney and John Higgins that did in fact tap in to the european market.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

too much credit is given for that .....it was a common sense option but instead of building on eurosport success with some events in europe there was nothing there for Europeans from World Snooker....

for all the cockerel up that happened it was Pat Mooney and John Higgins that did in fact tap in to the european market.

def dont give them muppets credit either :grrr: <doh> :grrr: :no: :mood:

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:

The relationship still had to be developed - he didn't do a whole lot right but this was one success.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:

The relationship still had to be developed - he didn't do a whole lot right but this was one success.

YES some credit but mr walker just sit back was not pro active with the contract he got.

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 51,00.html

World Snooker And IMG Extend Partnership With Eurosport

World Snooker, IMG Media - a division of IMG - and Eurosport are pleased to announce the extension of their long term partnership for an additional five seasons: 2011-2012 to 2015-2016.

The new agreement nearly doubles Eurosport's snooker offering, which increases from 10 to 19 tournaments per season. The sport's biggest tournaments, including the World Championship, will be shown to over 125 million homes in Europe.

Eurosport has acquired all exclusive TV and digital rights to broadcast LIVE the 19 tournaments on Eurosport and Eurosport 2 channels as well as on the Eurosport Player web TV service and mobile application. The deal covers all Eurosport's 59 countries (with some exceptions* in the UK).

Eurosport has broadcast snooker since 2003 and contributed to its growing popularity in Europe thanks to unrivalled exposure. Last season over 500 hours of snooker were broadcast on Eurosport, reaching 96 million different viewers, and these figures are set to increase.

During the coming 2011/12 season, Eurosport and Eurosport 2 will broadcast all world ranking events plus the Wuxi Classic, World Cup and Brazilian Masters and, for the first time, six of the Players Tour Championship events held in Europe.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "IMG has negotiated a fantastic deal for snooker and gives further momentum to the growth of the sport throughout Europe and beyond.

"We have established new events in the continent including the German Masters ranking event and the European PTC tournaments, and we're delighted that all of these will be screened by Eurosport. The spread of snooker in the region has been phenomenal in recent years and this is a key part of our continued efforts to make it a global sport.