Topic locked

The Wuxi Classic Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 7th of July~Sunday 10th of July

This Week its the Wuxi Classic at the Wuxi City Sports Park Stadium in China.

Defending Champion is Shaun Murphy after a Dramatic Final Last year Winning 9-8 from 8-2 Down Against home grown boy Ding Junhui.

Who will Win This Year ?

Competing will be Shaun Murphy,Mark Selby,Ding Junhui,Ali Carter,Stephen Maguire,Graeme Dott, Peter Ebdon,Matthew Stevens,Liang Wenbo, 2 New Tour Proffesionals Yu Delu and Cao Yupeng plus Rouzi Maimaiti.

DRAW and FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

1pm Local Time = 6am BST
7.30pm Local Time = 12.30pm BST

Re: The Wuxi Classic Discussion !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

:goodpost:

Looking forward to this one now. Got all my taping arrangements made for Thursday and Friday, and will be joining you guys at 6am for the first televised snooker of the season next weekend.

Mr. Wild <cool>

Postby randam05

Ill be watching it all! Cant see why not. Top quality players. A perfectley stable draw and format. A crowd. Prize money. Full TV coverage. Nothing wrong with that is there?

Excited! Brilliant way to kick start the televised snooker season.

Postby SnookerFan

roy142857 wrote:Am I right in assuming Rouzi Maimaiti is an Uygher so normal Chinese naming conventions don't apply? Guessing Maimaiti is the surname.

I've no bucking idea. rofl I'm sure Wild will know.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:What is the prize money for this?

:zzz:

come on its a fair enough question lol

on his blog this morning Dave Hendon has worked out the likes of Ding could be on £100,000 before August

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:What is the prize money for this?

:zzz:

come on its a fair enough question lol

on his blog this morning Dave Hendon has worked out the likes of Ding could be on £100,000 before August

I guess. I'd just spent most of last week going bad monkey bad monkey bad monkey because there was live snooker on telly. How much they got paid didn't even occur to me. rofl

I must admit though, I took a look at the link you posted, now it had been come up in conversation. £20,000 is a good prize money for the winner.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 04 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:absolutely not to be sniffed at.

So, you're watching Wild? This isn't going to be another Hainan Classic, that only two of us were watching? :D

ill be watching if i can and this is bigger than the Hainan Classic for 1 the ref will have to count more than 2 lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

So, you're watching Wild? This isn't going to be another Hainan Classic, that only two of us were watching? :D

ill be watching if i can and this is bigger than the Hainan Classic for 1 the ref will have to count more than 2 lol

Yeah, that was a bit rubbishy, but I got to see a 'match' before I left for work. rofl But that only lasted two days, and you got a best of nine semi-final and best of 13 final. :D

Actually, looking on Wikipedia the winner of that got Winner: £40,000. :shock: By Wit'z logic, that meant it was twice as prestigious as this one.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yeah, that was a bit rubbishy, but I got to see a 'match' before I left for work. rofl But that only lasted two days, and you got a best of nine semi-final and best of 13 final. :D

Actually, looking on Wikipedia the winner of that got Winner: £40,000. :shock: By Wit'z logic, that meant it was twice as prestigious as this one.

by witz logic a toples model holding a cue is a prestigious snooker tournament if the price is Right.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:by witz logic a toples model holding a cue is a prestigious snooker tournament if the price is Right.

And we're all looking forward to the tournament in Brazil. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 7th of July

6am

Matthew Stevens v Yu Delu
Peter Ebdon v Rouzi Maimaiti

12.30pm

Stephen Maguire v Liang Wenbo
Graeme Dott v Cao Yupeng

my guess and i think im pretty sure about this the Eurosport Live Matches will be Matthew Stevens v Yu Delu and Stephen Maguire v Liang Wenbo.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:20k for the winner of this tripe then.

why bother !?!

i often think the same about you but then i think no its my job and duty <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

why bother !?!

I thought you were a big advocate of the higher the prize money, the more of a major the tournament was. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

why bother !?!

I thought you were a big advocate of the higher the prize money, the more of a major the tournament was. <laugh>

I am <doh>

hence my opinion on this tripe (and no offence to Northern people cos i like tripe) was what it was :fart:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:Wuxi Classic or PL you decide which has the most tripe ????

Who in their right mind would go against the PL :chin:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

Who in their right mind would go against the PL :chin:

a Nadal supporter :redneck:

Postby Witz78

get real, yous seriously trying to claim this Wuxi nonsense is more prestigious and important than the Premier League.

Love it or hate it, the PL is effectively the games 4th major and thats a FACT :no:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

get real, yous seriously trying to claim this Wuxi nonsense is more prestigious and important than the Premier League.

Love it or hate it, the PL is effectively the games 4th major and thats a FACT :no:

yes WUXI far and away surpases the PL in every way,PL Players prostitutes themselves for cash nothing else.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

yes WUXI far and away surpases the PL in every way,PL Players prostitutes themselves for cash nothing else.

25 years of PL history, doesnt history = prestige im sure you said :john:

what wrong with the players chasing money anyway in the PL, the creme de la creme of the snooker world are involved and its a worthy title to have on your CV alongside the serial winners like Davis, Hendry and Ronnie in the past.

and dont tell me the guys in the Wuxi are over there for the love of the game and would happily do it for nowt. Infact i see those in this as subsiding their trip to the cash-shy Australian Open later in the month, especially those who can hang around in the East after the Wuxi for the WC too. The others could always do a David Gray whilst they kill a week before the Aussie Open i guess :limp:

Infact talking of chasing money, is there anything that bloody Higgins doesnt turn up at these days. The PR spin doctors would have you think that its all a snooker ambassadorial role that he does this for, but its just him chasing cash left right and centre, like the bloody WSOS was. :fart:

Postby Wildey

25 years of history died in 2005 with shot clock it now even gone lower down the scale .

Postby Witz78

winner 20k x 1 = 20k
runner up 10k x 1 = 10k
semi finalists 5k x 2 = 10k
quarter finalists 2.5k x 4 = 10k
round 1 1k x 4 = 4k
high break 1k x 1 = 1k

55k total prize money is a bloody joke for this and anyone saying otherwise needs a reality check. Theres 12 players involved and a good few of them aint involved in the World Cup so there heading all the way there for potentially not even BFH in some event that doesnt have ranking points at least at stake.

I hope there at least getting their flights, hotels and food and drink subsidised whilst their over there.

55k prize money for the established 3rd tournament in China. Yeh yeh the game is booming in the East, millions playing and watching, yet theres this bargain basement prize fund on offer hahahaha