Topic locked

Re: World Cup Line Up

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess, I'm more interested in the Australian Open, then I am in the World Cup. On saying that, since they explained the format and the teams, I'm a tad more excited for the World Cup.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:bad monkey New season soon.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :-D :happy: :-) <cool> :spot on: :hatoff: :bowdown: :shock: :win: :love: :mosh2: :excite: :hyper: <ok> :clap:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:They should produce a World Cup Wallchart for this event.

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:Full details of the World Cup format
http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 187,00.pdf

Must say, on seeing this I'm less enthralled by this event. But then I said that about the Sky Shooutout.

I am more in favour in rolling out a lot more ranking events/straight knockout events that are taken seriously, then I am these fun events. But I'll give it a watch, see if it's any good.

Postby Wildey

especially for snookerfan

davehendon David Hendon
Wuxi Classic starts on Eurosport a week on Thursday followed by all seven days of the World Cup

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:especially for snookerfan

davehendon David Hendon
Wuxi Classic starts on Eurosport a week on Thursday followed by all seven days of the World Cup

Hey, they are actually putting the whole World Cup on. At least if it is good, we can watch all week. :D

Really looking forward to the Wuxi Classic if I'm honest. :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:especially for snookerfan

davehendon David Hendon

Hey, they are actually putting the whole World Cup on. At least if it is good, we can watch all week. :D

Really looking forward to the Wuxi Classic if I'm honest. :bowdown:

Wuxi Classic :limp: :fart:

World Cup :hatoff:

Postby gallantrabbit

What has happened to the Brazil team??? At least Igor and the Santos fellow have experience on a 12 foot table. Noel plays on a 10 footer, (he is a class cuesist) and Fabio is a pool player from what I can gather.
Typical bullocks that goes on here. They're holding an invitation event 2 months later and want to show how crap they are :sad:

Postby matt1989

Hi everyone my first post on here. As a brief introduction- I've been a snooker fan for many years (I turned 22 earlier this month). I think what Barry Hearn has done since he has taken over World Snooker is fantastic.

I think the concept of having a World Cup is a good one, I have vague recollections of the old Nations Cup and I think having a team event is a good idea. I do however have to question the fact there are several teams like Brazil, Pakistan and UAE with unknowns and amateurs. For example, I doubt too many people would give the Egyptian team too much of a chance against Selby and Carter.

That said I will certainly watch the tournament with interest and would be happy to be proved wrong if some of the amateurs get one or two wins against the more established players

Postby Wildey

yes obviously the winners will be Scotland,England,Wales or china anything else will be a shock as far as im concerned but to have a team comp you got to play the minor nations but id love to have a Canadian team with Alex Pagulyan and maybe a past legend like Cliff or Kirk why not ?

Postby SnookerFan

matt1989 wrote:Hi everyone my first post on here. As a brief introduction- I've been a snooker fan for many years (I turned 22 earlier this month). I think what Barry Hearn has done since he has taken over World Snooker is fantastic.

I think the concept of having a World Cup is a good one, I have vague recollections of the old Nations Cup and I think having a team event is a good idea. I do however have to question the fact there are several teams like Brazil, Pakistan and UAE with unknowns and amateurs. For example, I doubt too many people would give the Egyptian team too much of a chance against Selby and Carter.

That said I will certainly watch the tournament with interest and would be happy to be proved wrong if some of the amateurs get one or two wins against the more established players

:welcome:

Postby SnookerFan

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:England will win this in my opinion.

Selby to win the Wuxi Classic aswell ;)

Scotland to win the World Cup.

Smurphy to win the Wuxi Classic. :wave:

Postby Monique

Provisional tv programme:

Eurosport International (times are CET):

Thanks to Go Ronnie on ROS forum.

Postby SnookerFan

I just thought, I'm out seeing Shrek; The Musical on Saturday afternoon. Might only get to see the odd match of this.

Postby mediter

I am also pretty excited about this World Cup.

But... I think it would be cool if England would have two teams. Second one would be dream team:

Ronnie O´Sullivan and Jimmy White :weeds:

Come On England anyway !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

mediter wrote:I am also pretty excited about this World Cup.

But... I think it would be cool if England would have two teams. Second one would be dream team:

Ronnie O´Sullivan and Jimmy White :weeds:

Come On England anyway !!!!

My dream team is Peter Ebdon and Rory McLeod.