Topic locked

Rocket And Co Cue Up For Gloucester

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/PTC2Ar ... 67,00.html

Ronnie O'Sullivan is eagerly anticipating competing in World Snooker's PTC Event Two at the South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester from 8-10 August 2011.

O'Sullivan commented during a recent practice session at the Academy "I can't wait to play a tournament here. It's a fabulous place. This season I am only entering events I am committed to playing in and I've entered the PTC here."

The former World Champion started the season in fine style by winning the first PTC event last week, his first victory for nearly two years in a tournament carrying ranking points.

In the final of the first PTC event O'Sullivan beat Joe Perry, who recently signed with On Q Promotions, based at the South West Snooker Academy.

Perry is also full of praise for the venue and the opportunity to play top class events in front of the enthusiastic Gloucester snooker fans.

"I'm really pleased to have joined On Q Promotions having seen close friends on the circuit being well looked after and happy with them.

"The Academy is superb both to practice at and to play tournaments.

"I feel I am at a turning point in my career at the moment so this move is a brand new start for me in time for the new season."

For the first time all 96 of the World's Leading Professionals have entered a PTC event and for snooker fans it is a guaranteed feast of snooker crammed into three days.

There will be nine tables in play at the South West Snooker Academy at all times, including the Match Arena. Spectator tickets enable access to all tables, subject to seating availability.

With more than 120 matches, all featuring the leading professionals to be fitted into the three day schedule, play commences at 9am on the first two days and there are two-hourly sessions thereafter until 9pm in the evening.

Thus spectators could enjoy more than 15 hours snooker for their £15 day ticket. Season tickets costs just £35 and cover all three days, including the final day which will embrace the Last 16, Quarter Finals, Semis Finals and Final.

Tickets can be purchased in person by calling into the South West Snooker Academy in Quedgeley 9-5pm Monday-Saturday, or by ringing 01452 223214. Alternatively visit the website at www.southwestsnookeracademy.com to book online.

There are also more than 100 keen amateurs competing in the qualifying rounds for the chance to play alongside the professionals. Those matches take place 6-7 August and it is Free to come along and watch.

Dominic Dale, who won a PTC event last season, has recently moved to live in Gloucestershire and the popular Welshman said "Now I'm based in Gloucester and this is now my home, I will be doing my very best and look forward to meeting the local fans too."

Paul Mount, owner of the South West Snooker Academy said "This is the first of three major World Snooker events to be held at the South West Snooker Academy this season.

"I am delighted World Snooker have recognised our new facility as a venue suitable to host their professional tournaments which will include all 96 Professional players including John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump and of course our local players Robert Milkins and Jack Lisowski.

"The big names in the game will be playing in the academy's 360 seat arena and also in the other match rooms where there is also tiered seating for spectators. There will be up to 7 sessions a day on 9 tables (63 matches) so there will be plenty of choice of players to watch.

"The SWSA has put Gloucester on the Snooker map and is regarded, worldwide, as one of the finest snooker venues in the World and without doubt the venue where the spectators can get closest to the players and really experience the excitement and tension of professional snooker."

Re: Rocket And Co Cue Up For Gloucester

Postby randam05

"The big names in the game will be playing in the academy's 360 seat arena and also in the other match rooms where there is also tiered seating for spectators. There will be up to 7 sessions a day on 9 tables (63 matches) so there will be plenty of choice of players to watch.

"The SWSA has put Gloucester on the Snooker map and is regarded, worldwide, as one of the finest snooker venues in the World and without doubt the venue where the spectators can get closest to the players and really experience the excitement and tension of professional snooker."

See we arent lying when we say how good it is non SWSA visitors!