Topic locked

Re: AUSTRALIAN OPEN DRAWS

Postby SnookerFan

A potential Robertson vs Ronnie second round match too. Could be interesting. And dare I say it, even Robertson a favourite for the match considering Ronnie's form and the location.

This is if Ronnie turns up, of course.

Postby Wildey

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Potential Selby vs Trump in second round. Tasty.

What's the format?

the format will be 2 tables with 3 sessions on the opening day to get 2 wild card matches in but dont know yet who plays on which day that will come later.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

What's the format?

the format will be 2 tables with 3 sessions on the opening day to get 2 wild card matches in but dont know yet who plays on which day that will come later.

SO LONG AS QUINTENS A WILDCARD I DONT CARE WHAT DAY HES PLAYING :-D

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Wild wrote:

What's the format?

When's it held and how many frames mate?

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

What's the format?

SO LONG AS QUINTENS A WILDCARD I DONT CARE WHAT DAY HES PLAYING :-D

:roll:

Postby randam05

Some really good potentials.

Higgins-Hendry
Ebdon-Murphy
Selby-Trump
Robertson-Ronnie
Williams-Dott

:-)

Postby Wildey

davehendon David Hendon
Aussie Open draw on worldsnooker.com. Coverage on Eurosport from the Thursday onwards.

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
davehendon David Hendon
Aussie Open draw on worldsnooker.com. Coverage on Eurosport from the Thursday onwards.

so they only showing 2 days of it?

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:
davehendon David Hendon

4 days

thursday =4 last 16 matches
friday = Quarter finals
saturday = semi finals
sunday= final

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:
davehendon David Hendon

4 days

thursday =4 last 16 matches
friday = Quarter finals
saturday = semi finals
sunday= final

Aaah, mate! bucking hell. What's the matter with them?

Postby Dannyboy

Interesting prize money for this event (at the end of the players pack)...

(Converted from AU$) - Grand total: £276,336 or $425,000
Winner - £39,012
Runner Up - £19,506
Semi Finals - £13,004
Quarter Finals - £9,753
Last 16 - £6,502
Last 32 - £4,877
Last 48 - £1,300 (Significant drop from normal)
Last 64 - NONE (Different from normal - another change? Not awarding failure?)
High Break TV - £1,625
High Break Quals - £325

Postby Wildey

Last 32 - £4,877

That should cover their flight and accommodation over to Australia and get a return

Postby Witz78

what a garbage prize fund.

this and the Chinese events are a joke.

Im all for World expansion of the game but unless you make the final, whats the incentive for some of these guys.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:what a garbage prize fund.

Im all for World expansion of the game but unless you make the final, whats the incentive for some of these guys.

Phil Taylor and the Darts guys went did this then the Tour Grew.....you got to do the Ground work

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:what a garbage prize fund.

Phil Taylor and the Darts guys went did this then the Tour Grew.....you got to do the Ground work

look at China then.

the groundworks been done donkeys years ago.

100 million tv viewers there now

countless millions playing the game

yet the prize money for the Chinese events remains crap <doh>

Postby Dannyboy

Its an excellent prize fund IMO. Its a tournament in its first year, in a country that doesn't know a lot about snooker - trying to grow the game. The UK Open darts carried £40,000 for the winner and that was a major tournament.

The Aussie Open is all part of Uncle Barry's grand plan for world domination.

You mention darts above, it could be much worse. They've cancelled the ProTour event there - one tournament with £5,000 for the winner and £2,500 for the R-Up. A ridiculous gamble financially.

Postby Witz78

Dannyboy wrote:Its an excellent prize fund IMO. Its a tournament in its first year, in a country that doesn't know a lot about snooker - trying to grow the game.

The Aussie Open is all part of Uncle Barry's grand plan for world domination.

so whys the China Open where the sport is well known and established only have a total prize pot 40k bigger for its showpiece event.

Postby Dannyboy

I'm sure it will improve significantly this year. IMO it should be £60,000 for the Shanghai Masters winner and £100,000 for the China Open winner.

Postby Witz78

Dannyboy wrote:I'm sure it will improve significantly this year. IMO it should be £60,000 for the Shanghai Masters winner and £100,000 for the China Open winner.

we'll see, i wouldnt hold my breath.

people talk about it being time China had a Major of its own. Well, until prize money rises significantly thats a no-go.

Postby SnookerFan

I think awarding a player nothing for losing the first round match is a bit of a farce. The players have to pay flight and accomodation to fly over, and they get paid nothing? When people are buying tickets to watch them play? <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Dannyboy wrote:@Snooker Fan
Last 64 is played at the WSA in Sheffield, not Bendigo.

<doh> buck sake, so it is. Me = :dizzy:

I'm pretending to work at the same time, I'm getting confused.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:I'm sure it will improve significantly this year. IMO it should be £60,000 for the Shanghai Masters winner and £100,000 for the China Open winner.

we'll see, i wouldnt hold my breath.

people talk about it being time China had a Major of its own. Well, until prize money rises significantly thats a no-go.

price money do not equal major thats only bucking wages does add buck bastard all to prestiege of buck bastard all <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:price money do not equal major thats only bucking wages does add buck bastard all to prestiege of buck bastard all <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

I'm glad I turned the swear filters off, or all your posts would be about fluffy kittens having fun.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:price money do not equal major thats only bucking wages does add buck bastard all to prestiege of buck bastard all <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

I'm glad I turned the swear filters off, or all your posts would be about fluffy kittens having fun.

rofl

it just pisses me off that fans see cash = prestige ......they spend buck all of it its just wages for players as a profession and its separate from the sport.