Post a reply

I have a feeling Stephen Maguire...

Postby randam05

is going to do a matthew stevens this season and really fall off the radar for the next few years unless he sorts himself out and starts putting the hours in. So, yes im predicting he has a poor poor season and drops out of the top 16 possibly.

Re: I have a feeling Stephen Maguire...

Postby randam05

Which would be a shame because hes a good addition to the top 16. But I do hear he is lazy with his practise, which you really cant do. But maybe with all the new smaller tournaments throughout the season, there is less need and less pressure on practising these days.

Postby Bourne

I'll go the opposite, I can see him having a much improved year, it's getting close to that crisis time for him unless he starts to knuckle down again and applies himself better so it's up to him to make the necessary change in attitude if he wants to fulfill his potential.

Postby randam05

Bourne wrote:I'll go the opposite, I can see him having a much improved year, it's getting close to that crisis time for him unless he starts to knuckle down again and applies himself better so it's up to him to make the necessary change in attitude if he wants to fulfill his potential.

Well yeah thats what im saying. He needs to change his attitude. But maybe, like you say he will realise this and really knuckle down this season and have a good one.

Who knows! this is what I love about a new season. Seeing how it unfolds. Watching new tournaments, seeing new players rise the ranks, watching players fall, new entries to the top 16, suprise winners, old players coming back, 147's...its all so exciting :D

Postby SnookerFan

He does seem to be a player who suddenly wins a tournament out of nowhere, then drops off the radar a bit a couple of months later. If he's not putting the practice in, that would certainly explain his erratic form.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Can't see him dropping out the 16 any time soon.

its almost impossible this season for him to drop out of the top 10 lol