Post a reply

Only 1 Wild Card Who Gets it ?

Postby Wildey

THE EBSA Championship taking part this week and they down to the Semi Finals with a Spot on the Main Tour up for Grabs However we could reach a situation if Daniel Wells wins because he is already on the Main Tour another Wild Card becomes Available.

if you had a wild card to give who would receive it ?

Re: Only 1 Wild Card Who Gets it ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Jimmy White <ok>

hes already there you sausage :td: :dizzy: <doh>

Postby Witz78

Only 1 wildcard??

Eh but theres gonna be TWO thanks to Igor quitting pro snooker.

Well in the interests of fairness id give whoever wins this event or whoevers runner up should Wells win it.

As for replacing Figuerido, then theres 3 standout contenders for me

Zhang
TT
Un-Nooh

Postby Steve K

90% most likely if Wells wins it that the losing finalist will receive the place instead.
But who will be replacing Igor is an interesting one. Maybe it will go to the other Brazilian in the World Cup, Itaro Santos?

Postby Wildey

lol

its a hypothetical question not a matter of who you think will get it.

if you was Barry Hearn who out of the players you have seen play,herd about or watched on live scoring would you award a one remaining wild card ? lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:lol

its a hypothetical question not a matter of who you think will get it.

if you was Barry Hearn who out of the players you have seen play,herd about or watched on live scoring would you award a one remaining wild card ? lol

whod have thought the man called Wild who hates Wildcards would start a thread on Wildcards :gag: :shock:

well if Wells won and there was just one place up for grabs, then sod these guys playing in this European tourny, for me the stand out candidate would be TT. A 147 aged 17 on his first year on tour is good enough for me <ok>

Postby Wildey

id Love Ben Harrison to get on tour i really would..... im a fan of Zhang Anda but hes had 2 seasons and dropped off despite all the PTC Events he played in.

there are a few id like to get a Chance Michael Walsey deserves a chance another is Allan Taylor he came so close in Q School 3.

so if i had one wild card to give this season the guy id give it to is Chen Zha he came so close in Q School 1 and hes never been on Tour.

Postby Steve K

I would myself give it to Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon then. Mainly because he narrowly missed out on staying on the tour last season, but of course the youngest ever pro 147 and also because he will be representing Thailand in the world cup so its a good link.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:The amateur who wins the most matches in PTC 1 should get it

World Snooker told me yesterday the draw for the Australian Open is out today (watch this space) so if it is out there will be a empty space for someone why not wait until after PTC 1 see how it goes.

Postby Wildey

Matt From Pro Snooker Blog would give a wild card to Kyren Wilson and its easy to see why.

Q School 1=Last 16
Q School 2=Last 16
Q School 3=Last 16

but the amount of matches he was behind in and looked down and out was 3 or 4 of them.

Postby Roland

wildcards are dodgy at this stage. You can't give it to any of the British amateurs because there is no one candidate who deserves it more than others.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:wildcards are dodgy at this stage. You can't give it to any of the British amateurs because there is no one candidate who deserves it more than others.

lets not forget maybe the reason behind adding 4 wild cards to pull the tour up to 100 was thinking ahead.

they could easily go with 99 or 98 Pros if Igor also doesn't play.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

hes already there you giraffe :td: :dizzy: <doh>

I remember when you used to have a sense of humour :td:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

hes already there you giraffe :td: :dizzy: <doh>

I remember when you used to have a sense of humour :td:

sorry it was late last night lol

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:vinnie

well apparently vinnie does in fact get the spot..

Vinnie Muldoon