Topic locked

Players Tour Championship 1 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 20th~Wednesday 22nd of June

Amateur Qualifying Rounds will take place on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th of June

After the Success of the PTC in it inaugural season having shaken up the Rankings like never before its back for Take 2 Bigger and Better and players having to take them for real or they wont be playing in the Masters or Seeded for the Crucible.

Playing in the First PTC are Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Hendry with Mark Williams Leading the field as World no 1.

Interesting Last 128 Matches

Steve Davis v James Wattana
Anthony Hamilton v Luca Brecel
Jimmy White v David Morris
and potentially Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mike Hallett

Ben Harrison's Opening Match is against Brian Cox with a potential Last 128 against Mark Joyce The Pink Ribbon Champion.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Re: Players Tour Championship 1 !!!!!!

Postby Roland

Come on Ben :D

Two matches from Joyce then Perry then... erm not to get carried away. Also be rooting for Syd who is in match 13

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui are Missing from this Event.

Looks Like Trump will be Above Robertson early on this season pushing Robbo down to 9th even lower.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Which other professionals are missing?

theres another player inside the top 64 because Michael White,Bjorn Haneveer and Liam Highfield are playing as top 64 seeds.

meaning 3 top 64 not entered spot the top 64 player comp lol

Postby Sarah Mount

Wild wrote:

theres another player inside the top 64 because Michael White,Bjorn Haneveer and Liam Highfield are playing as top 64 seeds.

I win!!! :D

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:More visa problems for Ding ? :chin:

Ding didn't have any visa problem last season. He chose to spend time with his family. I don't blame him, but it was his choice, not circumstances.

Postby Wildey

Sarah Mount wrote:
Wild wrote:

Theres 4 Top 64 players missing then

Ding,Robbo,Allen and Marco Fu

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:
Wild wrote:

Theres 4 Top 64 players missing then

Ding,Robbo,Allen and Marco Fu

Robbo is saving himself, so he can dazzle his Australian public in July. :wave:

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:
Bourne wrote:More visa problems for Ding ? :chin:

Ding didn't have any visa problem last season. He chose to spend time with his family. I don't blame him, but it was his choice, not circumstances.

I heard differently. :td:

Postby Roland

He's another of these kids bubbling under the main tour. I saw him at the Pink Ribbon but didn't watch him play.

Postby vinot

Sonny wrote:He's another of these kids bubbling under the main tour. I saw him at the Pink Ribbon but didn't watch him play.

Ok, so he's not a last minute wild card? At a fast glance I saw only pro players in the 3 round and his name popped out.

Postby Wildey

from what i can gather the only seeding is

top 4 and top 64 so others are just thrown together in a draw so Sanderson Lam got lucky to get through to the last 128 straight away where more acomplished and known names like Zhang had to play the Amataur round first.

in the last 32 there's some potential crackers Murphy vs Carter,Williams v Hendry,Lee v Dott and Selby v Maguire.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:What is Trump's drawline like after Gilbert ?

Cope last 64,Mcmanus last 32,Holt last 16,Higgins Q/F,Ronnie or Selby S/F Williams or the top draw in Final.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:What is Trump's drawline like after Gilbert ?

Cope last 64,Mcmanus last 32,Holt last 16,Higgins Q/F,Ronnie or Selby S/F Williams or the top draw in Final.

Cheers mate so nothing to worry about before the last-eight :hatoff:

Postby GJ

considering robbo is still in oz it was always really likely he would play in this one

<laugh> :fart: rofl

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:considering robbo is still in oz it was always really likely he would play in this one

Don't they have airplanes on Australia ? :spot on:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:considering robbo is still in oz it was always really likely he would play in this one

Don't they have airplanes on Australia ? :spot on:

he said on twitter a few weeks ago he was staying in oz for 6 or 7 weeks

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

right then 7 pros not playing

Robbo
Ding
Allen
Fu
Igor Figuiredo

that leaves 2 names ???

Postby Wildey

got it Ian McCulluch and the other name isnt a pro yet because they playing in the EBSA Championship.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:right then 7 pros not playing

Robbo
Ding
Allen
Fu
Igor Figuiredo

that leaves 2 names ???

Figuerido aint a pro though, hope they give the runner up of this European event his place as theyll have earned it. Infact i might just send Igor a Facebook message and hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

McCulloch must be mad missing these, hes on the brink of dropping off tour so really has to play in all of these now.

Not just for the points on offer here, but to get his eye in. Saw it with lots of guys who missed lots last season then were struggling come the qualifiers for other events.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:right then 7 pros not playing

Robbo
Ding
Allen
Fu
Igor Figuiredo

that leaves 2 names ???

Figuerido aint a pro though, hope they give the runner up of this European event his place as theyll have earned it. Infact i might just send Igor a Facebook message and hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

McCulloch must be mad missing these, hes on the brink of dropping off tour so really has to play in all of these now.

Not just for the points on offer here, but to get his eye in. Saw it with lots of guys who missed lots last season then were struggling come the qualifiers for other events.

ill tell you where Hendry lost it big time last season by missing the first few PTC he was unseeded when he started playing and got Last 128 Stevens,Perry etc in these environment ....in this event he has it pretty easy first match in comparison and should make the last 32 against Williams and then already inside the top 32 after event 1.

Postby Dannyboy

Don't understand what World Snooker have done in terms of seeding...

206 players (of which 93 were professionals)
-93 pros seeded through to the 1st round proper, leaving 35 spaces for the amateurs
-113 amateurs to play a maximum of 2 matches to get into the main draw - simples? I think 27 seeded through to the 2nd qualifying round?

Why have two players got lucky?!