Topic locked

Snooker Players Twitter Comments

Postby Roland

This is the topic to post tweets you see in Twitterland made by players.

A worthy opening retweet:

JackLisowski Jack Lisowski
@judd147t fancy going halves on a caravan for our mums?

Re: Snooker Players Twitter Comments

Postby Bourne

dennistaylor147 Dennis Taylor
@rulesy thankyou very much rulesey. You have a great day

AKA ... proper pwnage from the 1985 world champ. <ok>

Postby GJ

just replied to dennis

Postby Roland

I thought of it independently. Figured it's not a bad idea to report goings on although we missed Ronnie O'Sullivan's thoughts on hosting an event in China where there is no shot clock, only the requirement to play the right shot. :redneck:

Postby Wildey

ronnieo147 Ronnie O'Sullivan
I don't even have any bread.. It's a shambles..

ive put this here because that sounds like something i would say lol

Postby Roland

hitmanholt Michael Holt
I really need someone to play with, hate playing with myself.......

What's he talking about here?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
hitmanholt Michael Holt
I really need someone to play with, hate playing with myself.......

What's he talking about here?

rofl rofl

thats the best yet

Postby randam05

ronnieo147Ronnie O'Sullivan

Looking forward to starting at the first Ptc on June the 20th..

nice one there

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He almost sounds like he's convinced himself.

rofl

to be fair he did play the first PTC then i guess started to get bored his attention span cant last 12 events. :-D

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:
ronnieo147Ronnie O'Sullivan

Looking forward to starting at the first Ptc on June the 20th..

nice one there

Translation:

'I'm still in two minds about the first Ptc on June the 20th...'

Postby Wildey

JoeJohnson86 Joe Johnson
to all the boys who didn't quite make it, Success is not forever and failure is not the end. stick with your dreams.

Postby Wildey

JoeJohnson86 Joe Johnson
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wouldn't that be tryumph :limp: No wonder wild picked up on it :evilgrin:

Joe Johnson is good value lol

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:Got a retweet from The Honky Tonk Man last week and a reply from Eggheads CJ the other day :win:

Yeh I got CJ the other day as well :D

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
judd147t judd trump
That akward moment when u make a 147 in 4minutes and everyone is watching.

well you did play last week
snookerisland Snooker Island
@
@judd147t yeah, know the feeling. Embarrassing isn't it?

Postby Wildey

MikeDunnSnooker Mike Dunn
Really want Mike Hallett to qualify for ptc finals then do my own commentary on him ripping him to bits without mentioning "cross doubles"

rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

TheCaptain147 Ali Carter
Got duffed up by a singer! Better back in the cockpit!!!

Postby Wildey

MikeDunnSnooker Mike Dunn
My wife asked me, "Do I look fat in these knickers? "What f**king knickers?

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

JoeJohnson86 Joe Johnson
@
@jimmywhite147 Quality begins on the inside and works its way out. you dont need luck pal just play well

ok if you say so <laugh>

Postby Roland

This letter sent to the players:

Dear Member

TWITTER/FACEBOOK

Over the past few weeks the WPBSA has received some complaints from the public regarding the content of messages posted by some of our players on communication technologies such as Twitter and Facebook. Some complaints received are that comments have caused offence or have displayed inappropriate language.

We understand that use of these technologies to communicate to the public and sporting fans are becoming common practice and play an important role in the promotion of individual players and our sport in general. However, members do need to remember that they are at all times ambassadors for the sport and as such have an obligation to maintain its profile and image within the public eye when using this media.

Therefore we would ask all members when posting such messages or comments to first consider whether that message might be deemed to be offensive to others and to take into account that the content may also be viewed by young fans and children.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Kind regards,

Yours sincerely

Jason Ferguson
Chairman

This is Dave Hendon's take:
http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... guage.html
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE
World Snooker has written to the players asking them to moderate their language and behaviour on social networking sites after receiving complaints from members of the public.

“We understand that use of these technologies to communicate to the public and sporting fans are becoming common practice and play an important role in the promotion of individual players and our sport in general. However, members do need to remember that they are at all times ambassadors for the sport and as such have an obligation to maintain its profile and image within the public eye when using this media,” said Jason Ferguson, WPBSA chairman, in a letter to players.

This is an issue affecting all sports, namely what players do when they are unleashed from corporate PR shackles and left to their own devices.

Just yesterday golfer Rory McIlroy got into an online spat on Twitter with a commentator who had criticised him.

Football chiefs have warned players they will be disciplined for inappropriate behaviour online. Liverpool’s Ryan Babel was fined £10,000 for posting a mocked-up picture of a referee wearing a Manchester United shirt on Twitter.

But before people start foaming at the mouth about ‘political correctness gone mad’ and other such nonsense, consider the governing body’s position.

World Snooker is constantly on the look-out for sponsorship revenue to fund tournaments. Snooker is not top of the list for businesses and the economic situation makes finding backers even harder.

The players therefore need to be mindful that there is a difference between being yourself and causing unnecessary offence which may deter a firm from associating itself with our sport.

The point about ‘freedom of speech’ is that there is also a wider responsibility for what you say, and not always just to yourself.

The vast majority of what players write on social networking sites is standard stuff and no reason to get vexed about.

It is an outlet for them to bypass traditional media and just say what’s on their mind and, even more importantly, communicate directly with fans.

Snooker players are not intellectuals and academics discussing matters of great pith and moment. They don’t need to be.

Most of them are just down to earth blokes trying to earn a living playing a game they love (most of the time). They engage in healthy banter because this has been part of the environment of snooker clubs ever since they started playing - and it's one of the best things about the sport, the lack of pomposity or snobbery.

But snooker players are also public figures whose words are closely monitored and Twitter in particular is now used as the basis for news stories, even when the original comments were throwaway or tongue in cheek.

It would be a shame if players felt they should retreat from social networking in case they land themselves in trouble.

Equally, it would be a shame if they damaged their own reputations with some ill-timed, ill-thought out comments that would perhaps best be limited to their private lives.

Postby Wildey

ive seen nothing to worry about from players ok they talk about Getting snake hissed even the refs a few swear words etc but nothing to warrant a word...

Someone obviously complained and thus they had to act on the complaint..

Twitter is such a think where you can follow just about anyone you want to its in your own control if you follow or not so trying to police that is impossible.

i was followed by Joe Johnson i had a rant and a few expletives came out <laugh> and thus he unfollowed me JOB DONE.