Post a reply

Speaking of new rules....

Postby Roland

Has anyone heard the one about it no longer being a miss if the opponent can only tie after a foul? So take for example player A is 23 points ahead on the yellow, lays a snooker, player B misses the yellow so the difference is 27 but it's not a miss.

I've had a think about it, and I'm stumped as to what the reason is for this change or why it could be brought in. Can anyone explain it?

Re: Speaking of new rules....

Postby Casey

Really?

I guess it gives the player with the lead that slight extra breathing space.

Postby Wildey

not heard anything about that .

but i guess having a miss when the score is level is harsh with only enough to draw on so you cant technically win the frame.

Postby Roland

It's not something I really took any notice of but I am surprised of all the rules to undergo a change, this is one of them. Someone must've felt it was unfair and needed updating. Just don't really understand why myself.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's not something I really took any notice of but I am surprised of all the rules to undergo a change, this is one of them. Someone must've felt it was unfair and needed updating. Just don't really understand why myself.

cant say thats a part of the miss rule bothered me.

Postby SnookerFan

Not heard anything about this. Not fussed either way. I'd defer to what the players thought was best.

You got any source, Sonny? Or is it just something you heard through the grapevine?