Topic locked

Re: We got any confirmation on this?

Postby Wildey

its confirmed it will happen no format yet although not that long to go before it happens.

Postby PLtheRef

Well the last World Cup had 4 Groups of 5 with the top two advancing to the KO round - where the matches became two sessions. - But the WC was over two weeks rather than one. Depends on the number of tables but I reckon we'll have this as our format

Janie confirmed to me in Sheffield it was a Group phase first round.

Groups Best of 5

Quarters Best of 7 or 9

Semis Best of 11

Final best of 17 or 19.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Yes, i can confirm that i wont be supporting Scotland :D

traitor OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Postby SnookerFan

Still no real confirmation of what format this is going to take, or who is going to be in it. :sad: Do we think this is a bad sign?

God, I miss snooker being on telly. :-(

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Still no real confirmation of what format this is going to take, or who is going to be in it. :sad: Do we think this is a bad sign?

Relax, only 12 days now till PTC1 :john:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Still no real confirmation of what format this is going to take, or who is going to be in it. :sad: Do we think this is a bad sign?

not really a bad sign but it does need clarifying soon and im sure it will be.

im more weary of 2 Ranking titles just called October and April Ranking Events but im stil confident they going to happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:im more weary of 2 Ranking titles just called October and April Ranking Events but im stil confident they going to happen.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing this morning.

I've been looking forward to the UK Championship tickets going on sale, as I'm thinking of witholding on a summer holiday so I can take the week off in December, and go up to York for a few days. I wondered if the October one would be announced before July. I'd hate to book the week off for York, only to discover there was going to be a Croydon Open. rofl

Postby Wildey

well unless Sky or ITV Comes to the ranking party neither will be in Britain.

Postby Wildey

this tweet in response to Hendon wandering who will partner Robertson ...Vinnie Calabrese? Steve Mifsud? Robbie Foldvari? Bouncer from Neighbours?

WorldSnooker1 World Snooker
@
@davehendon the full line up will be revealed by end of week. Just waiting for the last couple of players to sign (or paw print) entry forms

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:this tweet in response to Hendon wandering who will partner Robertson ...Vinnie Calabrese? Steve Mifsud? Robbie Foldvari? Bouncer from Neighbours?

WorldSnooker1 World Snooker
@
@davehendon the full line up will be revealed by end of week. Just waiting for the last couple of players to sign (or paw print) entry forms

:bowdown: :bowdown: