Post a reply

Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 2nd of June~Sunday 5th of June

Pink Ribbon 2010 was the curtain riser to a bumper year for both Professionals and Amateur players alike Last year with more playing opportunity than ever before.

the same thing can be said of this years event With Q School over tour players picked The Pink Ribbon will be the start of season 2011/2012.

Michael Holt is the defending champion but there will be some stiff opposition from the Current World Champion John Higgins,Stephen Maguire,Mark Allen,Judd Trump and Graeme Dott as well as other Top Class professionals

BUT

Also in the Draw are two of our Favorite Sons Alex 0Paul and Snooker Islands Administrator Sonny aka Alex Hutchings and Roland Cox (names for the future :-) )

Also taking Part is South West Snooker Academy's and ON Q Promotions Chief Paul Mount.

SOUTH WEST SNOOKER ACADEMY SITE

DRAW---PART 1

DRAW---PART 2

Re: Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Alex0paul

Manged to pick up a £4 pink polo shirt for it today.

My intensive training starts tomorrow as I have free use of a table all week up until I leave.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Free use? That's not fair! I hope it rains and there's holes in the roof.

:john:

rofl

don't tell him the address Alex or he will be there with his Black and Decker re chargeable drill <laugh>

Postby Roland

Probably not. Apart from me and Maximum Snooker Steve, everyone else there is probably century break standard on a regular basis. We are there for the experience and to enjoy it and personally I can't wait to have a go on those Star tables and I'm practicing as much as I can in the build up so I at least know I'm playing half decent and can enjoy the tables. I'm fully prepared for four whitewashes and if I can make a decent 50+ break and sink a few good pots along the way then I'll be more than happy. My game is more about potting than anything else, like a rubbish Mark Williams. I find it hard to turn down difficult long pots even though I know it's the wrong shot at the time. I preach shot selection when analysing the professional game but my own game is stacked with bad shot choices!

I'll be there until Sunday (probably morning) so there's plenty of time for a few interviews to build up a bank to release over the summer which is the main focus. Also I will hopefully gain a few new members to the forum and will be able to bring behind the scenes updates for you lot.

I'm practicing again tomorrow night and I'm really looking forward to it. I got a 50 break in the last frame I played and was starting to feel like my game is coming back into some sort of shape after years away. There was a time when I would be disappointed if I didn't get a 60+ and several 30 and 40 breaks per session. If I can get to 80% of what I used to play like I'll be happy and shouldn't embarrass myself although playing wise I'll be totally out of my depth.

Postby Wildey

if i had to describe my game in the same light taking on board what Alex been commentating on his own game im probably a "rubbish ALEX HUTCHINGS" rofl rofl

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:if i had to describe my game in the same light taking on board what Alex been commentating on his own game im probably a "rubbish ALEX HUTCHINGS" rofl rofl

:D

Postby Wildey

me as a player i know all the right shots if its to go on the attack or defensive im what you might call a %player in my head when i play HOWEVER i cant seem to pull off the right shots in a match situation so i revert to being very negative otherwise players would have run all over me.

im good at frustrating players and picking off a few reds and colours from that before running behind a balk colour to frustrate again.

as a kid i just could not get on a table and then as a adult i used to go to a club with only 2 tables with roughly 20 to 30 people there you was lucky to get a frame at all some days you went there so i could not run off frame after frame after frame to get better.

Postby Roland

Here is a list of some of the noteworthy players attending:

John Higgins
Judd Trump
Graeme Dott
Stephen Maguire
Mark Allen
Jimmy White
Martin Gould
Joe Perry
Ryan Day
Michael Holt
Dave Harold
Gerard Greene
Andrew Pagett
Rob Milkins
Mike Dunn
Jack Lisowski
Barry Hawkins
Reanne Evans

And many more!

Postby gallantrabbit

Great list Sonny!!
If I were you I wouldn`t have been sleeping for 4 nights now, what a buzz.
Tell you what mate you`ll be surprised about how many of these fellows will know about you and this great forum.
Enjoy the surroundings the buzz and of course the game.
Large pint from every SI member for every 40 plus break. Anyone else in?...he says safely from his Biggsy type hideaway in Brazil...
Good luck and enjoy!!

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Great list Sonny!!
If I were you I wouldn`t have been sleeping for 4 nights now, what a buzz.
Tell you what mate you`ll be surprised about how many of these fellows will know about you and this great forum.
Enjoy the surroundings the buzz and of course the game.
Large pint from every SI member for every 40 plus break. Anyone else in?...he says safely from his Biggsy type hideaway in Brazil...
Good luck and enjoy!!

ohhhh Snooker Island is big in snooker circles now John Higgins will be asking for sonny's autograph don't worry about that lol

Postby Roland

They'll probably be asking me "Do you know that wild character who keeps harrassing us on Twitter and joining in our conversations with each other?"

:redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:They'll probably be asking me "Do you know that wild character who keeps harrassing us on Twitter and joining in our conversations with each other?"

:redneck:

LOL

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:It is painful going in to practice in darkness when the weather is this nice.

you should live here then snake hissing down and no snooker table <laugh>

Postby Wildey

so its pink ribbon Time

Wednesday 1st June

7pm

Stephen Kent v Ben Fortey
Roland Cox v David Bailey
Alex Taubman v Matt Northern
James Loft v Philip Wildman
James Hill v Terry Challenger
Phil O'Kane v Sachin Plaha
Ollie Douglas v Paul Mount
Simon Woodward v Stephen Ellis
Tom Johnson v Gavin Lewis
Ricky Hong Chin v Anthony Robson
Darryl Hill v Ben Harrison
Alex Hutchings v Guy Loft
Nick Pearce v Ross Muir

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That looks so ridiculous seeing my name there

up there with the likes of Higgins and Trump <laugh>

just give every frame atention and dont get carried away you might win a few of the matches.

Postby Monique

Press release/ invitation to the media from Janie Watkins

Dear Colleague

We have great pleasure in inviting you to attend the Pink Ribbon Charity Pro Am at the South West Snooker Academy 1-5 June 2011

1-2 June – amateur qualifying rounds
3-4 June – 40 of the World’s leading professionals join the tournament
5 June – Last 16 round through to the final

World Champion John Higgins heads the field, along with potting sensation Judd Trump, crowd favourite Jimmy White, Stephen Maguire, Graeme Dott, Mark Allen and many other professionals.
We are particularly pleased to welcome Kacper Filipiak from Poland, the newly crowned European under 21 champion. At just 15 years of age Kacper will be the youngest professional on the World Snooker tour in 2011-12. Kacper is resident at the Academy on a join Scholarship between the South West Snooker Academy and the EBSA.

All proceeds from this event go to our chosen charity – Breast Cancer Awareness. We raised over £6,000 last year and aim to exceed that figure this.

We are delighted to be working with our event partners: MIUS (Event Sponsor), Peter’s Foods, Bottle Green, Gloucester Limos.

As part of the fund raising activities there will be a “Pink bus” and “balloon release to launch the tournament and to welcome “key” players to the venue
There will also be a charity raffle and a charity auction (which will take place during our Legends event on 7 June)

Key timings:
Friday 3 June – 9am – Pink Bus arrival and balloon release to welcome the professionals to the tournament
Friday 9am – Bristol professional Andrew Norman plays his first match, as does World Junior Ladies champion, Hannah Jones (Derby)
Friday 1pm – Gloucester’s World No 33 Robert Milkins takes to the table, along with Gerard Greene and Wiltshire’s Adam Wicheard.
Friday 3pm – Fresh from the Crucible – Martin Gould and Barry Hawkins start their Pink campaign, as does Daniel Wells, The Welsh Champion and No 1, back on tour this season.
Friday 3 June 5pm – Pink Bus and Balloon release – John Higgins, Judd Trump, Reanne Evans will all arrive at the venue in the Pink Bus – There will be a photo shoot and balloon release.

Saturday 4 June – 9am Pink Ribbon champion Michael Holt starts his defence. Kacper Filipiak, Mark Allen, Andrew Pagett all start their matches.
Saturday 4 June – 11am – Jimmy White starts his matches. (Note: Jimmy is scheduled to play consecutive matches due to commitments in the evening)

Sunday 5 June – 9am – Last 16
Sunday 5 June – 12pm – Quarter Finals
Sunday 5 June - 3pm – Semi Finals
Sunday 5 June – 6pm – The Final followed by Presentations.

All media and photographers are very welcome throughout the event, or if unable to attend, please request information and photographs from us.
We have wireless internet available at the venue and a small media facility for your use.
We will be happy to arrange interviews and appearances with players. It would be helpful if you could send your requests in advance for ease of arrangements.
Photographers: Please note: There is no flash photography allowed anywhere in the playing areas. You can photograph matches but use of motor drives is discouraged due to noise interference!

TV and Radio: There is parking for Ob units. Please contact us to arrange to reserve parking at the times you require

I look forward to welcoming you to our flagship event of the year.

We would also like to extend the same invitation to you to attend The Legends Tour at SWSA on Tuesday 7 June at 6.30pm for a 7pm start. Interviews must be by prior arrangements.
The Legends Tour evening features Jimmy White Dennis Taylor, Cliff Thorburn, John Parrott, with John Virgo as compere and commentator and Michaela Tabb as referee.

Kind regards

Janie E Watkins
On Q Promotions/South West Snooker Academy Media Officer