Topic locked

Tickets for the UK Championship

Postby SnookerFan

Apparently they go one sale 15th July. I've just seen it announced on the World Snooker page of Facebook. buck me, that's early.

Re: Tickets for the UK Championship

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Apparently they go one sale 15th July. I've just seen it announced on the World Snooker page of Facebook. buck me, that's early.

buy now, pay later :win: :wave: <ok>

They said the same thing when I brought tickets to The Crucible. I then met Sonny. Coincedence?

Postby Steve K

Different venue, but great reuse of last years poster! Going to be great that the qualifiers are at the SWSA though!

Postby SnookerFan

Steve K wrote:Different venue, but great reuse of last years poster! Going to be great that the qualifiers are at the SWSA though!

Glad theydidn't use the exact same poster, and tell everyone it was in Telford.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Can anyone remember who was on the poster in 2001 was it the same three? :roll:
I find it a bit depressing :sad:

You wouldn't if Matthew Stevens had been that successful for that long.

Postby sundaygirl

I think the poster should show a mix of well known and lesser known (young) players how else do the players become recognisable. If you see a picture and know say 3 out of 4 people in it don't you then wonder who the other fella is, thus looking for longer and taking more of an interest.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I think the poster should show a mix of well known and lesser known (young) players how else do the players become recognisable. If you see a picture and know say 3 out of 4 people in it don't you then wonder who the other fella is, thus looking for longer and taking more of an interest.

True, true. And if you're channel surfing, and see that guy playing, it might make you stay on that channel longer to watch.

Postby Steve K

Suppose they can't risk putting Judd on incase (unlikely as hell in a few months) that he drops off the top 16 and fails to qualify. I suppose the same thing could be said about Ronnie though as his ranking is lower. They should have more than just three on the poster anyway. Neil, Judd, Ronnie, John and Williams would be perfect to be honest.

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:Suppose they can't risk putting Judd on incase (unlikely as hell in a few months) that he drops off the top 16 and fails to qualify. I suppose the same thing could be said about Ronnie though as his ranking is lower. They should have more than just three on the poster anyway. Neil, Judd, Ronnie, John and Williams would be perfect to be honest.

hahahaha not very confident in judd lol

Postby Bourne

Steve K wrote:Suppose they can't risk putting Judd on incase (unlikely as hell in a few months) that he drops off the top 16 and fails to qualify. I suppose the same thing could be said about Ronnie though as his ranking is lower. They should have more than just three on the poster anyway. Neil, Judd, Ronnie, John and Williams would be perfect to be honest.

:grrr:

Postby Casey

What about Robbo, Ding and Higgins?

Postby SnookerFan

They are probably working under the assumption that Ronnie won't drop out of the top-16, and the other two certainly won't as they are too high up. I hope Ronnie does drop out, even if it's just for a few months. It'd be as funny as hell if he was advertised as being there, but wasn't. <laugh>

Then again, that's half of the tournaments nowadays.

Postby Steve K

Like I said it is unlikely as hell that Judd will drop out of the top 16 before the seedings for the UK but stranger things have happend!

Postby SnookerFan

Steve K wrote:Like I said it is unlikely as hell that Judd will drop out of the top 16 before the seedings for the UK but stranger things have happend!

If he continues the way he played in Sheffield, he could very well have won a trophy before the UK Championship starts.

Postby Wildey

But Trump has virtually nothing coming off for 2009/2010 season so even if they deducted all his points he earned in 09/10 off now he would still have 33,355 points and ranked 11th....

Believe Me Judd Trump wont be falling out of any Top 16 for a minimum of 2 years come what may.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:little kitten sake, this forum was bad enough before Trump won the China Open. <laugh> One day we're going to stay on topic and not talk about Judd Trump.

Funny, it was you who was bumming him out from the first Saturday through to the final saying he'd get to the final a million percent sure every bucking day. :baby:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:little kitten sake, this forum was bad enough before Trump won the China Open. <laugh> One day we're going to stay on topic and not talk about Judd Trump.

Funny, it was you who was bumming him out from the first Saturday through to the final saying he'd get to the final a million percent sure every bucking day. :baby:

That's true. But, he did, didn't he? <laugh>

Ronnie screwed my prediction up. :grrr:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Funny, it was you who was bumming him out from the first Saturday through to the final saying he'd get to the final a million percent sure every little kittens playing with each other having fun day. :baby:

Ronnie cute little kittened my prediction up. :grrr:

That wasn't your point just now though :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Funny, it was you who was bumming him out from the first Saturday through to the final saying he'd get to the final a million percent sure every little kittens playing with each other having fun day. :baby:

Ronnie cute little kittened my prediction up. :grrr:

That wasn't your point just now though :wave:

You've made your point, sir. :sad:

Postby SnookerFan

Really thinking of turning this into a holiday this year. Getting the whole of the UK Championship off work, before going up to York for the opening matches. And watching the rest of the tournament at home with friends.

Can't bucking wait for the new season, to be honest. The Crucible seems so long ago.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Really thinking of turning this into a holiday this year. Getting the whole of the UK Championship off work, before going up to York for the opening matches. And watching the rest of the tournament at home with friends.

Can't bucking wait for the new season, to be honest. The Crucible seems so long ago.

a holiday?

get up to York for the whole week then squire and get out partying every night wooooohoooooo :mosh2:

Postby Smart

Zhanger, DING, and Liu Song....................... :baby: