Post a reply

Ranking Cut off Points and counting events !!

Postby Wildey

World Snooker has issued a Calender with Seeding Cut offs included but the World Open is no longer on it.

This is the calender with Ranking Counting Events only on it.

PTC GREEN

QUALIFIERS BLUE

MAIN EVENT RED

JUNE

20-22
PTC 1
Academy, Sheffield

27-30
Overseas ranking event qualifiers
Academy, Sheffield

JULY

18-24
Overseas ranking event

AUGUST

1-4
Shanghai Masters Qualifiers
Academy, Sheffield

8-10
PTC2
South West Snooker Academy, Gloucester

13-16
October Ranking Event Qualifiers
Academy, Sheffield

19-21
PTC 3
Academy, Sheffield

25-28
PTC 4/Paul Hunter Classic
Fuerth, Germany

SEPTEMBER

5-11
Shanghai Masters
China

23-25
PTC5
Academy, Sheffield

30-2 October
PTC6
Europe

SEEDING CUT OFF FOR UK CHAMPIONSHIP, GERMAN MASTERS, THE MASTERS AND THE SHOOT-OUT

OCTOBER

7-9
PTC7

14-16
PTC 8
Europe

24-30
Ranking event

NOVEMBER

6-9
UK Championship qualifiers

11-13
PTC 9
Europe

18-20
PTC 10
Europe

22-25
German Masters qualifiers
Academy, Sheffield

DECEMBER

3-11
UK Championship
Barbican Centre, York

16-18
PTC 11

JANUARY

6-8
PTC12
Europe

SEEDING CUT OFF FOR WELSH OPEN / CHINA OPEN

FEBRUARY

1-5
German Masters
Tempodrom, Berlin

7-10
Welsh Open Qualifiers
Academy

13-19
Welsh Open

SEEDING CUT OFF FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AND APRIL RANKING EVENT

21-24
China Open Qualifiers
Academy

26-29
Ranking event qualifiers

MARCH

1-11
Betfred.com World Championship Qualifiers
Badminton Hall, EIS

14-18
PTC Final

26 March - 1 April
China Open
Beijing, China

APRIL

2-8
Ranking event spare slot

21 April - 7 May
Betfred.com World Championship
Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

END OF SEASON CUT OFF
Last edited by Wildey on 19 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ranking Cut off Points and counting events !!

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:The Masters isn't on there either

ITS NOT A COUNTING TOURNAMENT LOL

buck me sonny should hammer you unless you use ur brain rofl

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

little kitten me sonny should hammer you unless you use ur brain rofl

SEEDING CUT OFF FOR UK CHAMPIONSHIP, GERMAN MASTERS, THE MASTERS AND THE SHOOT-OUT

So why did you include this :limp:

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

buck me sonny should hammer you unless you use ur brain rofl

I was just scanning through it. The Ranking Event at the end of October is obviously the World Open.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

little kitten me sonny should hammer you unless you use ur brain rofl

So why did you include this :limp:

are people this thick lol

for seeding for THE MASTERS and THE SHOOTOUT

2009 Shanghai Masters and Grand Prix are going to be Deducted

and these will be added before that cut off point for seeding

PTC 1
Academy, Sheffield

Overseas ranking event

PTC2

PTC 3
Academy, Sheffield

PTC 4/Paul Hunter Classic
Fuerth, Germany

Shanghai Masters
China

PTC5
Academy, Sheffield

PTC6
Europe

Postby Witz78

The Ranking event at the end of October is probably the World Open.

One thing that snake hissed me off last season and also this is the fact that the Masters top 16 and Sky Shootout top 64 players involved are determined after PTC6 at the end of September even though these events arent held until January by which time another rankings cut off will have taken place.

In other words the top 16 at the Masters wont be the actual top 16 at that given point in time so it kinda defeats the purpose of the rolling rankings IMO.

One thing though, with this set up in place Ronnie and Hendry have no choice but to play the PTCs or they will have to qualify for the UK and wont be at the Masters.

I feel Ronnie will do well this season, playing in the Legends events and being in the company of Jimmy ought to re-ignite his passion for the game i feel.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:The Ranking event at the end of October is probably the World Open.

One thing that snake hissed me off last season and also this is the fact that the Masters top 16 and Sky Shootout top 64 players involved are determined after PTC6 at the end of September even though these events arent held until January by which time another rankings cut off will have taken place.

In other words the top 16 at the Masters wont be the actual top 16 at that given point in time so it kinda defeats the purpose of the rolling rankings IMO.

One thing though, with this set up in place Ronnie and Hendry have no choice but to play the PTCs or they will have to qualify for the UK and wont be at the Masters.

I feel Ronnie will do well this season, playing in the Legends events and being in the company of Jimmy ought to re-ignite his passion for the game i feel.

he was in the company of Jimmy last season and pulled out of Ranking events to play exhibitions.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:The Ranking event at the end of October is probably the World Open.

he was in the company of Jimmy last season and pulled out of Ranking events to play exhibitions.

last season was just a total write off tbh

i think hell be back with a point to prove this season

the fact hes no longer one of the favourites might be the kick up the backside he needs to and motivation

Postby Wildey

hope so....

im stil not convinced he will go all over europe in PTC,2 or 3 events in china,australia,germany and Brazil.

Postby Dannyboy

I very much doubt both Ronnie and Stephen will travel to the other side of Europe for these small events. I sense the moody anti-PTC Stephen will come out again sooner rather than later when he sees how long he'll be playing for every day.

Ronnie is on the permanent decline IMO. I lost a lot of respect for him this season also for not turning up at these events.

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:I very much doubt both Ronnie and Stephen will travel to the other side of Europe for these small events. I sense the moody anti-PTC Stephen will come out again sooner rather than later when he sees how long he'll be playing for every day.

Ronnie is on the permanent decline IMO. I lost a lot of respect for him this season also for not turning up at these events.

Hendry has not stayed on for the hell of it hes 19th provisional and he knows hes not going to be in the top 16 by the time the UK Comes along unless he does the leg work.

he will commit to the first 6 PTC i believe and take them deadly serious unlike last season then see where that will get him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I just read the predicted seedings on Pro Snooker Blog.

Ronnie down at 15 behind Lee, Stevens and Ebdon !!!

Besides that this list is currently a disgrace for the sport it means Ronnie really has to make something happen otherwise his career will be over after this season.

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just read the predicted seedings on Pro Snooker Blog.

Besides that this list is currently a disgrace for the sport it means Ronnie really has to make something happen otherwise his career will be over after this season.

How is it a disgrace for the sport? Ronnie O'Sullivan did not commit himself 100% to the game last season, so why should he have a divine right to be among the top four players in the World. I don't doubt that he has the class to return to the very top, he's still good enough to win any tournament, but if he falls out of the top 16, I don't really have any pity for him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just read the predicted seedings on Pro Snooker Blog.

How is it a disgrace for the sport? Ronnie O'Sullivan did not commit himself 100% to the game last season, so why should he have a divine right to be among the top four players in the World. I don't doubt that he has the class to return to the very top, he's still good enough to win any tournament, but if he falls out of the top 16, I don't really have any pity for him.

I know Ronnie doesn't deserve better at the moment but after seeing these three play at the world championship it's still laughable that they are supposed to be better than Ronnie now.

Postby Tubberlad

I don't think they're as good as O'Sullivan, of course not, but they did put in the hard work last season. You can't give O'Sullivan a huge amount of points for not showing up, the rankings are fantastice in that they reward players for the here and now. Lee & Stevens certainly had far better seasons than he did.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:I don't think they're as good as O'Sullivan, of course not, but they did put in the hard work last season. You can't give O'Sullivan a huge amount of points for not showing up, the rankings are fantastice in that they reward players for the here and now. Lee & Stevens certainly had far better seasons than he did.

I don't think that the rankings are fantastic by any means but to be honest even though Ronnie had a horrible season I wouldn't have traded with Mathew "The Bottler" Stevens.

But what comes next: will Steve Davis and Rory McLeod overtake him?

Time for Ronnie to turn it around by showing up at every tournament or he will be out of the Masters. I think that list will be a wakeup call for the Rocket.

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I don't think they're as good as O'Sullivan, of course not, but they did put in the hard work last season. You can't give O'Sullivan a huge amount of points for not showing up, the rankings are fantastice in that they reward players for the here and now. Lee & Stevens certainly had far better seasons than he did.

I don't think that the rankings are fantastic by any means but to be honest even though Ronnie had a horrible season I wouldn't have traded with Mathew "The Bottler" Stevens.

Time for Ronnie to turn it around by showing up at every tournament or he will be out of the Masters. I think that list will be a wakeup call for the Rocket.

Yeah, I'd love to see a good, workmanlike season from him. If his sports psychologist can get him thinking the right way and at least enjoying the game, I think he can be a force for another few seasons. I'd love to see another ranking title or two.

I was quite heartened by what I saw at the Crucible, he went out with a good attitude and he didn't play half bed even though it was miles from his best. You couldn't expect that after his lack of playing all season, but there were definite positives.

It wasn't an easy season for Sullivan fans, I was pretty disillusioned myself and I'm nowhere near as militant as more. But I'm hopeful. Gotta take the good with the bad and hold tough :)

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

if he doesn't play joe blogs will overtake him.

you or nobody else can expect players to stay top of the sports if they dont play in tournaments..

Ronnies last ranking win was in 2009 and hes only reached one other final since...worst than that when the likes of Stevens was comitted to the sport Ronnie was missing in action.

Postby Matt_2745

Stating the obvious I know but the reason why Ronnie is down in 15th on that list that I published yesterday is because he has more points to come off during that cut-off point than any other.

See here: http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2011 ... ision-one/

Obviously my list is unofficial at the moment but it gives you an idea and reaffirms how important the first six PTC events are going to be.

Postby Wildey

Matt_2745 wrote:Stating the obvious I know but the reason why Ronnie is down in 15th on that list that I published yesterday is because he has more points to come off during that cut-off point than any other.

See here: http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2011 ... ision-one/

Obviously my list is unofficial at the moment but it gives you an idea and reaffirms how important the first six PTC events are going to be.

plus he missed 13 tournaments in total that carries Ranking points last season ......boy thats a lot of points.

Postby Roland

Ronnie is top of the list in points to defend for the first cut off so yes, he's gonna have to play some qualifiers soon if he doesn't start the new campaign off with some big wins.

But then I guess he won't mind because he's going to drag all the best and most exciting players off to China for a super event anyway where they will redefine snooker and start a brand new sport.

Postby Alex0paul

Its ridiculous that Selby is number one despite winning one PTC compared to Higgins who has won the World, UK, Welsh Open twice and a PTC. Also he has a UK runner up in his points total too.

I do believe there should be more points given for winning an event.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Its ridiculous that Selby is number one despite winning one PTC compared to Higgins who has won the World, UK, Welsh Open twice and a PTC.

in Darts Phil Taylor even during his ultimate Prime of winning Majors after Majors got as low as 6 or 7 because he did not enter lots of events......Selby is no 1 because of total dedication i have no problem at all with that.

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Its ridiculous that Selby is number one despite winning one PTC compared to Higgins who has won the World, UK, Welsh Open twice and a PTC.

in Darts Phil Taylor even during his ultimate Prime of winning Majors after Majors got as low as 6 or 7 because he did not enter lots of events......Selby is no 1 because of total dedication i have no problem at all with that.

But its stupid that he is ranked as the best player but he isn't winning anything therefore he obviously isn't the best player. There should be a higher points tariff for winning an event.

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:Have you forgotten about Higgins 6 month ban?

Couple of PTC's, World Open and Shanghai shouldn't be enough to put him 6000 points behind especially as Selby lost his first match at the WO.