Post a reply

Tour Qualification !!!!

Postby Wildey

Now that the first Full season under Barry Hearn is coming to an end its been a successful full on season for Professionals for the first time Ever TBH.

But what about future Professionals.

i believe theres to much National Nominations

*12 International Champions and NGB Qualifiers

IBSF World Champion
IBSF WU21 Champion
Europe 2
Asia 3
England 1
Scotland 1
N Ireland 1
Wales 1
Rep of Ireland 1

im all for the Amateur World Champion Getting on Tour that's only right even the Under 21 World Champion but in my opinion the other 30 places should be decided via Q Schools all over the World on a rotation so its only in England every 2 years and it goes to Belgium,China,Germany,Australia or who ever wants to give their players opportunity theres still nothing stopping English Players Traveling to other countries if they want.

then at the Q School they play 3 or 4 Tournaments over a month on a ranking basis so the Top 4 or 8 on the Rankings depending on how many Q Schools there can be set up wins their Tour Card for the season.

taking nothing away from Kacper Filipiak but he will be a tour player next season having never played in a international competition before his victory in malta so it can be described as a Fluke where as playing in a Q School ive described you will have to have a consistent run of Results to get on Tour.

Re: Tour Qualification !!!!

Postby gallantrabbit

Nice idea Wild but the problem for these guys is always cash.
Have heard around here that Igor Figuerido is packing it in and coming back to Brazil because his 'backer' wouldn't back him for all the PTCs next year so he didn't feel he'd get enough match practice. Also can make more money here winning local events.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Nice idea Wild but the problem for these guys is always cash.
Have heard around here that Igor Figuerido is packing it in and coming back to Brazil because his 'backer' wouldn't back him for all the PTCs next year so he didn't feel he'd get enough match practice. Also can make more money here winning local events.

if thats the case then im disapointed he almost made it in to the top 64 at the first cut off he has talent.

but thats the problem for a tour player

at the moment chinese,Australian,Indian has to make theire way to sheffield in May for Q School wouldnt it be cheaper if they had a Q School somewhere near them soon ?

by all means play national championship and the winners of them gets the Q School entry fee payed for them.

Postby Roland

I've asked the question and will let you know if I get a response :santa:

Postby Wildey

there is some talk that there's more wild cards being offered because of players that has qualified not taking up their spots so there is even more a case to make the Q School on ranking basis that way 13,14,15 etc on the ranking qualifying school will get a spot on the main tour.

im not a fan of handing wild cards out of thin air there's a structure in place lets use it to the max.

Postby Steve K

Also James Wattana's first round opponent Sean O'Sullivan (@SeanTheStorm147) has comfirmed that Wattana was given a wildcard which gives him a bye to round 2.

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:Also James Wattana's first round opponent Sean O'Sullivan (@SeanTheStorm147) has comfirmed that Wattana was given a wildcard which gives him a bye to round 2.

do we know who's pulled out of the tour then ?

Postby Witz78

the easy and fairest way to have solved this would have been to have a ranking system based over all 3 Q School events with the top 12 on the list after the 3 events definetly getting on tour then if somebody pulled out of the main tour or didnt take their nomination then 13th ranked on Q School list got onto tour and so on etc.......

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:the easy and fairest way to have solved this would have been to have a ranking system based over all 3 Q School events with the top 12 on the list after the 3 events definetly getting on tour then if somebody pulled out of the main tour or didnt take their nomination then 13th ranked on Q School list got onto tour and so on etc.......

totally agree at this rate Tony Knowles will get a wild card lol

Postby Wildey

WorldSnooker1 World Snooker
@
@ProSnookerBlog There will be an extra round with four matches - like the World Championship qualifiers.

Postby vinot

Wild wrote:apparently there will be 100 on the main tour next season :chin:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 34,00.html

Interesting... But perhaps logical that the tour will expand. And I see a lot of international players allready on the tour with 2 Q schools still to go. We have 8 players from China or Hong Kong, 2 Indian players, 3 Thai players, 1 Finn, 2 Belgians, 1 Brazilian, 1 Australian and a Polish player. New record? Remind me if I've missed someone. Hope they will find time and money to give it a serious go, though. :weeds:

Postby vinot

Witz78 wrote:1 Malteser too

Oh dear. I forgot Tony Drago. He won't be happy to hear that... ;-)

Postby Alex0paul

vinot wrote:

Doesn't look like there will be a Brazilian though if reports on Igor are true.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:
vinot wrote:

Yeh there will be, apparantly Domnic Dale has a Brazilian :limp:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
vinot wrote:

Yeh there will be, apparantly Domnic Dale has a Brazilian :limp:

YOU WOULD KNOW :shock: :limp:

Postby Dannyboy

Doesn't 100 tour card members just defeat the object of an 'exclusive' tour - exclusive to the Top 96 players in the world.

On nationalities, so far, 15 different nations represented on the tour next season.

Postby Witz78

Dannyboy wrote:Doesn't 100 tour card members just defeat the object of an 'exclusive' tour - exclusive to the Top 96 players in the world.

On nationalities, so far, 15 different nations represented on the tour next season.

Its still an exclusive tour...........to the top 100 <ok>

Postby Wildey

i think it makes it interesting at the tail end of the rankings for seeded position's in the top 92 at cut off points.

something for number 100 in this case Luca Brecel to aim for before the first cut off point.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:i think it makes it interesting at the tail end of the rankings for seeded position's in the top 92 at cut off points.

something for number 100 in this case Luca Brecel to aim for before the first cut off point.

hes not number 100, he'll be starting the season joint 65th with all the tour newcomers based on the starter points, or will it be joint 73rd??

and also will the tour newcomers who were on tour last season start off with the points they had when they were relegated or will a clean slate be drawn, because usually when wildcards are given to players whove dropped off tour, they start on what they were on, so the likes of Wattana will be interesting.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:i think it makes it interesting at the tail end of the rankings for seeded position's in the top 92 at cut off points.

hes not number 100, he'll be starting the season joint 65th with all the tour newcomers based on the starter points, or will it be joint 73rd??

and also will the tour newcomers who were on tour last season start off with the points they had when they were relegated or will a clean slate be drawn, because usually when wildcards are given to players whove dropped off tour, they start on what they were on, so the likes of Wattana will be interesting.

i think 73 but you know what i mean someone will be 100 seeded when it comes to qualifying first few tournos and that will be according to world snooker list issued today Luca Brecel will be that man http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 34,00.html

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
only one more spot available for the tour the EBSA Champion that tournament will be played during the second week in June.

Excuse my ignorance, but what happens if the EBSA champion is someone who already has a tour place? I saw both Adam Duffy and Daniel Wells on the list of players at http://www.esnooker.pl/turnieje/2011/me/en/mem_2011.php - or do they now have to withdraw from the EBSA tournament?

[Edited as missed Daniel Wells from original post!]
Last edited by roy142857 on 28 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:
Wild wrote:
only one more spot available for the tour the EBSA Champion that tournament will be played during the second week in June.

Excuse my ignorance, but what happens if the EBSA champion is someone who already has a tour place? I saw both Adam Duffy on the list of players at http://www.esnooker.pl/turnieje/2011/me/en/mem_2011.php - or do they now have to withdraw from the EBSA tournament?

good question :chin: