Topic locked

What are your priorities of your Crucible trip ??

Go in to watch wall to wall snooker non stop from 10am to the end of the evening session
18%
Go in to watch most of the snooker through the day but not fussed about missing a few frames here and there
18%
Only go in to watch around half the snooker during the day and do other stuff the rest of the time.
4%
Only watch a few frames here and there, usually if the matches are at critical stages or its your favourite playing
7%
Hang around the bookies area of the Crucible gambling / drinking
14%
Hang around the bar area of the Crucible drinking and engaging in random chit chat to others.
7%
Hanging about in Tudor Square sitting outside drinking, watching snooker on big screen, soaking up atmosphere etc
14%
No drinking at all, watching snooker the priority of the day.
No votes
Just having a few sociable drinks through the day but an early night
No votes
A few drinks through the day then out at night for a proper night out
7%
A lot of drink through the day and even more at night time partying hard till the last club shuts.
11%

Total votes : 28

What are the priorities of your Crucible trip?

Postby Witz78

Ok, now that weve all done the Crucible trip again and have to wait a year till the next visit :sad: its time to guage what the fans here really wanted and did during their trip. :chin:

Were you there purely to watch snooker or were you there for more than just snooker? :chuckle:

Bear in mind, you can select up to FOUR options in the poll so use your votes wisely so we can fully guage what the preferences among the fans here are.

Re: What are the priorities of your Crucible trip?

Postby Witz78

I made use of my 4 options in the vote and have gone for.......

-Watch a few frames here and there if matches are at vital stage or my favourites are playing
-Hang around the Bookies area
- Hang around drinking in Tudor Square
- Drink all day and night haha

Postby Casey

Go in to watch most of the snooker through the day but not fussed about missing a few frames here and there

&

The gambling option

I would also say not so much drink during the day but take full advantage at night time (flares :hatoff: )

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:Why buy tickets if you don't watch the snooker? You could still do most of that without buying tickets.

ah but you need all the tickets to have the option to pick and choose when to go in and watch the snooker

plus you need the tickets to gain entry to the bar / bookies area

though this year, i did kick about Tudor Square in the sun most of the day but if i didnt have tickets you could guarantee it would snake hiss down :mood:

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Why buy tickets if you don't watch the snooker? You could still do most of that without buying tickets.

<ok>

you could get snake hissed in any city,town,village throughout the year going to Sheffield in April you watch snooker.

its like Going to a brothel to play Bingo <doh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:who was the other legend who picked the last option

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

snookerfan of course <doh>

ask a silly question, get a silly answer :chuckle:

ME, who else :chuckle:

witz :ahh: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

<ok>

you could get snake hissed in any city,town,village throughout the year going to Sheffield in April you watch snooker.

Going into actually watch the snooker is just a tiny part of the overall Sheffield / Crucible experience for me.

If i purely wanted to watch snooker then id just sit in the comfort of my own home saving a fortune on hotels, petrol, car parking, gambling, drinking, food etc

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

<ok>

Going into actually watch the snooker is just a tiny part of the overall Sheffield / Crucible experience for me.

If i purely wanted to watch snooker then id just sit in the comfort of my own home saving a fortune on hotels, petrol, car parking, gambling, drinking, food etc

spot on witz :bowdown: :ahh:

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:Why haven't you included "Meet Front Row Redhead" as an option ;-)

he wouldn't know what to do after they meet <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Why haven't you included "Meet Front Row Redhead" as an option ;-)

it might be an option in a similar poll ahead of next years visit rofl

plus, where would i stop........

thered have to be a meet Ryan 147 option, a meet Rooney Shrek option, a meet the Welsh Superfan option, a meet FRB option, a meet Stalin the Teapot option etc etc etc

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

it might be an option in a similar poll ahead of next years visit rofl

plus, where would i stop........

thered have to be a meet Ryan 147 option, a meet Rooney Shrek option, a meet the Welsh Superfan option, a meet FRB option, a meet Stalin the Teapot option etc etc etc

don't forget the stalking Steve Davis option <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

he wouldn't know what to do after they meet <laugh>

of course i would :no:

rofl

ello princess

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:rexy the teapot

why do you call him that ??????

have you not seen that pic of him with Mike Dunn :limp:

plus in real life he keeps on doing the teapot thing with his arm :limp:

then there was his high pitched shreiking when he saw Front Row Brian in the distance, was like a teenage girl at a JLS gig <doh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

then there was his high pitched shreiking when he saw Front Row Brian in the distance, was like a teenage girl at a JLS gig <doh>

priceless rofl <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:if i go next year

last option

:hatoff: :ahh:

snookerfan wont be happy with you rofl

I really don't care. rofl You seem to think that just because I watch snooker as solidly as possible when I go, that means I'm upset when other people don't. I'm not Wild. If you want to buy tickets, then only watch a quarter of the snooker, do so.

To answer the question originally posed, it depends whether I'm there by myself or not. A couple of years I went with a friend, and both times we brought tickets to two sessions a day, not three. We still watched every frame of every match we had tickets to, but we took a break, had lunch and a drink, watched the rest on telly.

If I'm there by myself, I tend to want to watch as much snooker as possible. Otherwise I'm just hanging around and killing time. Last year I overdid it a bit, I think. I went Saturday, Sunday and Monday the first week. And saw three sessions the first two days, and the first two sessions the next day. I'd seen so much snooker, it was a blur, and could barely remember who I'd seen play when I got back to the hotel bar. <laugh>

Postby randam05

Im with you snookerfan, I dont understand the point in paying lots of money to watch lifes greatest show, then watch barely any and drink instead! You can do that any weekend in any town! Id much rather watch the snooker, as thats what Ive payed for.