Post a reply

The official apology to Bourne thread!

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess, nothing against Judd Trump, but I always thought you were overstating his ability to win tournaments Bourne. He has loads of talent, but he always seemed to struggle at the venue. I always thought him a talented player, who tended to get nervous in front of crowds and cameras. I don't think that any more.

Having been in Sheffield over the weekend for the final, he was pulling out some outrageous pots, I must say. Even when Higgins got to 17-frames, I still thought Judd would win. What a match that was. And some of the fans there were making Bourne and Witz look like part-time fans. They were behind him in the same way Jimmy White or Ronnie has fans behind him.

He'll never be my favourite, but what a player. I can honestly see him winning several World Championships after this, he was on white hot form.

Re: The official apology to Bourne thread!

Postby Bourne

Nice one pal <ok> Even I can admit this came quicker than I imagined, just wish he could have got the job done last night because even as a Judd supporter I might be biased, but him winning for snooker would have really seen it take off. Good you enjoyed the final :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I must confess, nothing against Judd Trump, but I always thought you were overstating his ability to win tournaments Bourne. He has loads of talent, but he always seemed to struggle at the venue. I always thought him a talented player, who tended to get nervous in front of crowds and cameras. I don't think that any more.

Having been in Sheffield over the weekend for the final, he was pulling out some outrageous pots, I must say. Even when Higgins got to 17-frames, I still thought Judd would win. What a match that was. And some of the fans there were making Bourne and Witz look like part-time fans. They were behind him in the same way Jimmy White or Ronnie has fans behind him.

He'll never be my favourite, but what a player. I can honestly see him winning several World Championships after this, he was on white hot form.

:bird:

im apologizing sod all lol

my angle on Trump was always as a potential fan someone that was on tenderhooks on the edge of my seat waiting holding my breath expecting and it flopped and i was getting more and more frustrated.

i wasn't looking for titles i wasn't looking for finals but i had hoped by 21 he might reach a few last 16 but they were more rare than a Stephen Hendry smile even rarer so hearing people say how good he was i was asking the Question on what evidence hes good ? i couldn't see anything to justify that could you ?

as i said i was waiting and waiting and waiting and NOTHING. Even Hendry a 42 year old player on the verge of Quitting was beating him easily it has to be said. but this bourne and witz bandwagon was still rolling trying to make it way through quick sand.

in the last month not before has Judd Trump proven himself so parden me for not joining in this Witz and Bourne Ego fest but i was Right all along and now he has proven himself so i was also right in waiting on the edge of my seat for something to happen whitch now it has with a BANG.

Postby Witz78

me and Bourne are taking the credit for Trumps rise to stardom, weve been there from day 1 and stuck by him thru thick and thin.

i was there when he beat Ronnie in 2008 when he first truly proved his class in reached the GP semis

the year before hed became one of the youngest players in Crucible history

who can forget his epic victory in the Masters Qualifying event in 2009

or his brilliant Championship League win too

which set up a fearless display of performances against big names in big venues in the PL where he reached the semis

then there was his PTC win this season which kept his eye in at the winning habit.

sure he had stalled slightly in terms of making an impact at venues, but after an indifferent 09/10 season this season he was a regular fixture at venues and the biggest dissapointment was without a doubt losing to Joyce in the 2nd round of the UK when the draw had opened up for him.

But alas, with 3 events to go this season and Trump a figure of fun and ridicule on here to most, i made the then bold prediction hed at least reach a semi final in one of the remaining 3 tournaments and also end the season in the top 16. He achieved this with ease, and the sky is now the limit.

Also i had him nailed on as the next Peoples Champion for a good few years, and the last few weeks have confirmed that. He had the style and flamboyance that appeals to the masses, and the signs were there when i stood in the crowd at the end of the Robbo game in Round 1 to salute him. The public were won over then and the Juddernaut had started to gain serious momentum, off the back of that brilliant China Open win.

PS - Wilds just a gloryhunter na na na na na na

Postby Bourne

Wild your problem was that you had wrote him off before China for no apparent reason, despite winning a PTC, making the finals, qualifying for all but one of the venues, reaching edge of 16 ... you made him out to be some failure whereas the truth was he was ahead of most of his peers by a long, long way at that age and with China and the Worlds happening he's quickly getting to somewhere where Ding was at 21 but maybe even better. <ok>

Postby GJ

this is all trumps own hard work

witz the hanger on as usual

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:this is all trumps own hard work

witz the hanger on as usual

eh, its actually called being a fan <doh>

you took the bait as usual mate

rofl <laugh> :baby:

Postby Roland

Judd is an awesome snooker player and I can't wait to see him in action again. Yep, I am now a big fan. Love the way he plays.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild your problem was that you had wrote him off before China for no apparent reason, despite winning a PTC, making the finals, qualifying for all but one of the venues, reaching edge of 16 ... you made him out to be some failure whereas the truth was he was ahead of most of his peers by a long, long way at that age and with China and the Worlds happening he's quickly getting to somewhere where Ding was at 21 but maybe even better. <ok>

i was right just accept it <ok>

Postby GJ

i hope judd kicks on next season and stays at the top of the game but after a few good events there is always a chance new found expectation can result in a player not getting as good results the following season as other players now see him as the hunted instead of bieng the hunter previously.

Postby SnookerFan

I definitely think we'll see Trump be world champion at some point in his career. I think John Higgins was the only other player in the 32 that would've beaten him this week, and that was run awfully close.