Post a reply

The Q School !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 11th of May ~ Saturday 28th of May

With John Higgins crowned the World Champion for the 4th time and Judd Trump coming of age as a Genuine Contender for every Tournament he enters. Who will Be the players that are aspiring to Reach that standard ?

Between 11th and 28th of May at the Academy in Sheffield a total of 124 players will be competing over 3 events to find 12 players that will have their chance in 2011/2012 season to follow in the footsteps of John Higgins.

some has had the chance before others been to the top and fell down and others having their first chance.

out of the 24 players thats fallen off tour this season only 11 have decided to try and get back on straight away a opportunity that was not available for them before.

James McBain
Simon Bedford
Zhang Anda
Adam Wicheard
Justin Astley
Kurt Maflin
James Wattana
Reanne Evans
David Gilbert
David Morris
Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon

some well known faces are making a return bid Tony Knowles and Mike Hallett who actually play each other in the first Q School on Friday May 13th.

But More Excitingly Luca Brecel is giving it a go and will be playing Sam Harvey in Round 1 on Wednesday 11th of May.

Q SCHOOL 1

Q SCHOOL 2

Q SCHOOL 3
Last edited by Wildey on 06 May 2011, edited 3 times in total.

Re: The Q School !!!!

Postby Witz78

TT dropped off the tour and is in Q School also

cant blame you for pretending to ignore this so you didnt have to type his full name out though rofl

Postby randam05

David Gilbert dropped off the tour!!!!!?

Hes getting all my support in the Q school! Come on GILBERT!

I really wanted him to rise up the rankings, love watching him. I believe he can do what Judd has done!

Postby GJ

COME ON VINNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:TT dropped off the tour and is in Q School also

cant blame you for pretending to ignore this so you didnt have to type his full name out though rofl

thanks for that must have missed him rofl

Postby GJ

wild

off topic

is there a confirmed date for aussie ranking event and brazil one

cheers mate

Postby GJ

i see seltys good pal rob james is entering ......

Postby GJ

wild

1 other thing is there a list of nationalities for players entering as i only know of vinnie entering and havnt heard if an other aussie are entering ?

Postby Wildey

could be end of july but nothing confirmed yet.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:could be end of july but nothing confirmed yet.

:hatoff:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:wild

1 other thing is there a list of nationalities for players entering as i only know of vinnie entering and havnt heard if an other aussie are entering ?

hopefully theres a few NZ players entered for me to support :bowdown:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

hopefully theres a few NZ players entered for me to support :bowdown:

<laugh> :grrr:

Postby Wildey

not got a clue mate

try googling each name <laugh>

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

not got a clue mate

try googling each name <laugh>

;-)

1 last thing

it said last night on bbc coverage some ptcs will be televised

any idea how many

cheers mate

Postby Alex0paul

Sam Baird has already qualified for the tour. I wonder if he will receive a refund as it would be a bit pointless playing in this event.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:Sam Baird has already qualified for the tour. I wonder if he will receive a refund as it would be a bit pointless playing in this event.

match practice ;-)

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Sam Baird has already qualified for the tour. I wonder if he will receive a refund as it would be a bit pointless playing in this event.

match practice ;-)

yeh no different to Ronnie playing in the Championship League when he was already sure to be in next seasons PL

Postby Wildey

i googled BRENT KOLBECK he is canadian lol

not got a clue which PTC will be Televised im guessing the Europe ones on Eurosport and obviously SWA can stream i guess

Postby GJ

cheres wild

spot on witz

Postby Witz78

also supposing Baird makes the semis in an event, then does that free up a wildcard spot for the WPSBA to use

im pretty sure it would

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:also supposing Baird makes the semis in an event, then does that free up a wildcard spot for the WPSBA to use

im pretty sure it would

The EASB may nominate someone else instead.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:also supposing Baird makes the semis in an event, then does that free up a wildcard spot for the WPSBA to use

im pretty sure it would

it would be better if they did a ranking list then if someone like Patrick Einsle Quits mid season the next in line on the Q School Rankings can have first Refusal.

Postby Alex0paul

Looking at the draw, one of Wattana and Gilbert have a great chance of getting back on.

Postby GJ

vinnie has a tough draw delu in round 2

Postby GJ

wild

mate when do the entry lists comeo ut for first ptc event

i want to see if robbo is as committed to them as he said

cheers

Postby Wildey

mate when do the entry lists comeo ut for first ptc event

i want to see if robbo is as committed to them as he said

cheers

ask Alex he has entered so chances are he will get the draw before us.

Postby GJ

cheers lads

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:doubt the PTC draws will be out till after the Q School finishes

do we know if the seeding for this Years first PTC is from the Ranking list or the final PTC Rankings from last season ?