Topic locked

PTC Qualifying Criteria

Postby Wildey

Barry Hearn was leaning towards scrapping the Qualifying criteria of 3 PTC and 3 EPTC in qualifying for the finals next year But acording to Snooker Scene he is going to keep that Criteria for next season aswell.
"i was leaning towards not having a requierement for players to compete in a minimum of 3 PTC and 3 EPTC events to be eligible for the play offs but we'll be keeping that condition. i want players to help us promote the game and as we develop the intellectual property value of each event the PTC could be anywhere.the play offs could be anywhere.
im hoping to get an Asian PTC off the ground this year proberbly with 3 events to start with."

Re: PTC Qualifying Criteria

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:Barry Hearn was leaning towards scrapping the Qualifying criteria of 3 PTC and 3 EPTC in qualifying for the finals next year But acording to Snooker Scene he is going to keep that Criteria for next season aswell.
"i was leaning towards not having a requierement for players to compete in a minimum of 3 PTC and 3 EPTC events to be eligible for the play offs but we'll be keeping that condition. i want players to help us promote the game and as we develop the intellectual property value of each event the PTC could be anywhere.the play offs could be anywhere.
im hoping to get an Asian PTC off the ground this year proberbly with 3 events to start with."

fine tuning based on mistakes made

Postby Alex0paul

Any idea on when the new calendar with cut off points will be officially announced?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Any idea on when the new calendar with cut off points will be officially announced?

my guess it will be anounced very soon proberbly during Q School it has to be inplace before the season starts in 50 days .

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:2 PTCs in Gloucester. Are you boycotting those as well wild....................? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl :wave:

:win: :wave: <ok>

if your interested Janie Watkin on TSF has said PTC 2 8-10th of August is in Gloucster.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:2 PTCs in Gloucester. Are you boycotting those as well wild....................? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl :wave:

if your interested Janie Watkin on TSF has said PTC 2 8-10th of August is in Gloucster.

would have gone but satnav failed when i typed in Gloucster

Postby Smart

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Wild wrote:

would have gone but satnav failed when i typed in Gloucster

:gag: rofl :gag: rofl

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Mon - Weds :chin:

your right

acording to the calender the first 2 PTC are mon to wed :chin:

helping ronnie with child care :evilgrin:

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:

your right

not great for maximum fan support of the event IMO......................I would go for the last day unless my urge to see Zhanger is real strong :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:

your right

not great for maximum fan support of the event IMO......................I would go for the last day unless my urge to see Zhanger is real strong :win: :wave: <ok>

no

if they want to do mon-wed it would be better behind close doors.

i dont know if Janie made a mistake or not maybe sarah can help us out.

Postby Alex0paul

It does make sense to mix up the dates so some are over weekends whereas some are over weekdays.

We will need a 'New Season Countdown' as soon as the final finishes.

Postby randam05

Yes, there are 2 PTC's going to be held there! Sarah told me! Which is excellent, ill be attending both, with jade. Anyone else here going to attend?

Postby PLtheRef

I might, depending on what plans I've got, its 2 hours on the train

Postby Alex0paul

Hope some of you can make the Pink Ribbon event too, especially to see me make a complete fool of myself.

Postby randam05

Alex0paul wrote:Hope some of you can make the Pink Ribbon event too, especially to see me make a complete fool of myself.

I keep getting asked to enter by Sarah and Janie, but unfortunately im on holiday that week so really dissapointed :-( Good luck Alex! And I should be entering the silver waistcoat even next season <ok>